Little Things that Bug You in Sports Uniforms

2 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

This works well though,spacer.png

Nope. That kills the uniform for me. I really like the chevron design, and I think they should make it their primary design (with, you know, the TEAM AND CITY NAME AND NOT A VAGUE IDENTIFIER), but the shorts chevron is just awful. Since it would look terrible on both sides of the shorts, just remove it and have the claw logo on both sides. The chevron on the front is bold enough that you don’t need anything else.

To add to the topic, and slightly related, I hate when teams put wordmarks on the front that aren’t the city or team name. You’re not “Buzz City”, you’re the Charlotte Hornets. You’re not “North”, you’re the Toronto Raptors. Even nicknames like “Cavs” irk me, but I’ll let that slide.

• Like 6

ExJworW.png

14 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Nope. That kills the uniform for me. I really like the chevron design, and I think they should make it their primary design (with, you know, the TEAM AND CITY NAME AND NOT A VAGUE IDENTIFIER), but the shorts chevron is just awful. Since it would look terrible on both sides of the shorts, just remove it and have the claw logo on both sides. The chevron on the front is bold enough that you don’t need anything else.

To add to the topic, and slightly related, I hate when teams put wordmarks on the front that aren’t the city or team name. You’re not “Buzz City”, you’re the Charlotte Hornets. You’re not “North”, you’re the Toronto Raptors. Even nicknames like “Cavs” irk me, but I’ll let that slide.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Those “north” designs are the worst in the league, maybe some of the worst in league history.

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

5 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I hate when teams put wordmarks on the front that aren’t the city or team name. You’re not “Buzz City”, you’re the Charlotte Hornets. You’re not “North”, you’re the Toronto Raptors. Even nicknames like “Cavs” irk me, but I’ll let that slide.

I’d LOVE to see a jersey with TRAILBLAZERS or KNICKERBOCKERS on it.

• Like 8

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

Knickerbocker still sounds like some old timey ethnic slur, which I guess it sort of is but not an offensive one?

(and not like a really bad ethnic slur, more like one you have to occasionally remind your grandpa he can’t say anymore because it’s [insert current year] and it’s not something people say anymore)

• Like 4

IbjBaeE.png

15 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Knickerbocker still sounds like some old timey ethnic slur, which I guess it sort of is but not an offensive one?

(and not like a really bad ethnic slur, more like one you have to occasionally remind your grandpa he can’t say anymore because it’s [insert current year] and it’s not something people say anymore)

Knickerbockers, are a prettt direct translation to pants. It’s nothing bad at all. Just old-timey pants

• Like 3

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

The Knicks missed a golden opportunity when they named their D-League team the Westchester Knicks...we coulda had the New York Bockers, people.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

5 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Knickerbockers, are a prettt direct translation to pants. It’s nothing bad at all. Just old-timey pants

Yeah, I know what it means and why the team is named that. I just (jokingly) think it sounds a bit unsavoury.

Like an old man telling war stories about how he fought the Knickerbockers overseas or how he can’t believe the president’s a Kickerbocker.

• Like 2

IbjBaeE.png

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

Yeah, I know what it means and why the team is named that. I just (jokingly) think it sounds a bit unsavoury.

Like an old man telling war stories about how he fought the Knickerbockers overseas or how he can’t believe the president’s a Kickerbocker.

There’s a reason the teams called the Knicks not the Knickers

• Like 6

3YCQJRO.png

It bothers me that the Colorado Avalanche changed the dot in the middle of the C on their shoulder patch to black. It just doesn't look right. Also having plain black numbers on their road jerseys looks awful. 

• Like 1

On 6/8/2019 at 1:21 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

I will second, third, fourth and fifth this!!!!!!!

• Like 8

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

1 hour ago, 1insaneguy said:

It bothers me that the Colorado Avalanche changed the dot in the middle of the C on their shoulder patch to black. It just doesn't look right. Also having plain black numbers on their road jerseys looks awful

The numbers are outlined in silver. 

The dot in the in the middle of the C was changed to black probably to make it look puckish.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I agree with the general thrust of this.  But I don't mind "Cavs".  An abbreviation of a long nickname is fine; it's no different than "Sox" on the White Sox' uniforms. Or, come to think of it, no different than "Sonics" on the SuperSonics' uniforms. (Though "D-Backs" is really pushing it.)

But things like "Buzz City" or "Rip City" make me itch.  This goes not only for the newfangled examples, but also for longstanding ones: the Warriors' "The City" jersey (which spawned an unfortunate recent spinoff "The Town" jersey).  And for this reason I have always strongly disliked the Twins' cap logo.  We know that the original plan was to call the team the Twin Cities Twins.  But, once that plan was scrapped, the TC logo should have been tossed out, as well, in favour of an M.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, 1insaneguy said:

It bothers me that the Colorado Avalanche changed the dot in the middle of the C on their shoulder patch to black. It just doesn't look right. Also having plain black numbers on their road jerseys looks awful. 

The patch was changed to match the logo on the front, keeping it consistent with the puck. The change was actually a great update. The road jersey does have a LOT of problems however. The numbers along with the fact that blue has disappeared besides the socks, logo and collar. That’s definitely one of the little things that bother me. How inconsistent the colors are on the Avs sets. It’s always been that way

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

18 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

We know that the original plan was to call the team the Twin Cities Twins.  But, once that plan was scrapped, the TC logo should have been tossed out, as well, in favour of an M.

From what little I know about the Minneapolis-St. Paul rivalry, that wouldn't have been well received right away, at least by folks from the latter city.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

23 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I agree with the general thrust of this.  But I don't mind "Cavs".  An abbreviation of a long nickname is fine; it's no different than "Sox" on the White Sox' uniforms. Or, come to think of it, no different than "Sonics" on the SuperSonics' uniforms. (Though "D-Backs" is really pushing it.)

But things like "Buzz City" or "Rip City" make me itch.  This goes not only for the newfangled examples, but also for longstanding ones: the Warriors' "The City" jersey (which spawned an unfortunate recent spinoff "The Town" jersey).  And for this reason I have always strongly disliked the Twins' cap logo.  We know that the original plan was to call the team the Twin Cities Twins.  But, once that plan was scrapped, the TC logo should have been tossed out, as well, in favour of an M.

I will second, third, fourth and fifth this!!!!!!!*

* -- Except the part about the Twins' TC logo.  I'm not sure if I would feel differently it was introduced today.  However, it has been around as long as the team has played in Minnesota, so I have no problem with it . . . even if 7-year-old me didn't get in back in the mid-70s.

• Like 4

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

13 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

From what little I know about the Minneapolis-St. Paul rivalry, that wouldn't have been well received right away, at least by folks from the latter city.

Ah, right; because "M" could be interpreted to mean "Minneapolis".  So, then, a T.

Still, the M logo introduced in 1987 was beautiful.  The fact that it went perfectly with the wordmark, where the W in "Twins" was almost a perfect invert of the M, was a great bonus.

• Like 2

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Ah, right; because "M" could be interpreted to mean "Minneapolis".  So, then, a T.

Still, the M logo introduced in 1987 was beautiful.  The fact that it went perfectly with the wordmark, where the W in "Twins" was almost a perfect invert of the M, was a great bonus.

I think the “M” cap logo was awful. Even if it did go with the mediocre word mark. The “TC” logo is much better logo, and still works for the Twins.

If they had gone with a “MN” logo that could have been better...

• Like 11

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

Congratulations to North on its thrilling Game 6 victory over Town!!!

• Like 9