MLB 2019 Changes

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everyone always seems to associate this logo with that deep maroon color, but based on a lot of old photos (and even this site), there was a time when they used a type of dark or cherry red, which would be a lot easier to make work with their current color scheme. To me, this announcement looks more like the lighter version, whereas the throwbacks last year seemed darker. But I also don't doubt that I could be seeing things.

1547_philadelphia_phillies-primary-1981.pngxpq3kkv2xh3lketdfm89.png

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

There probably arent many changes then besides the material I imagine. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

Not really, its usually around the February timeframe when players report that the new ones have came out in the past.

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Padres' 50th anniversary logo leaked on a OYO Sports box:

271zz1aqoj921.jpg

I think it'd look better without the gold outline, especially since it will be worn on white/gray jerseys most of the time. Gold 50 is fine...but the outline is sorta superfluous. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

San Diego Padres 50th Anniversary Logo Leaks

January 10, 2019 - 19:08 PM

The logo the San Diego Padres will use this season to celebrate the 50th anniversary of their inaugural season leaked last night, just a few days before it was scheduled to be officially unveiled by the team. Courtesy an OYO […]

Read More...

Pretty sure the Padres and the Ottawa Senators are managed by the same we-want-to-change-but-should-we-I-dunno-maybe-let's-talk-about-it-next-year people.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived