Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

Everyone always seems to associate this logo with that deep maroon color, but based on a lot of old photos (and even this site), there was a time when they used a type of dark or cherry red, which would be a lot easier to make work with their current color scheme. To me, this announcement looks more like the lighter version, whereas the throwbacks last year seemed darker. But I also don't doubt that I could be seeing things.

1547_philadelphia_phillies-primary-1981.pngxpq3kkv2xh3lketdfm89.png

2 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Aren't we overdue for the official reveal of spring training caps? We've only seen the Marlins and Nationals if I'm not mistaken.

There probably arent many changes then besides the material I imagine. 

3 hours ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Not really, its usually around the February timeframe when players report that the new ones have came out in the past.

The new BP caps should be arriving at most retailers this month so we may get a few early looks.

2 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Padres' 50th anniversary logo leaked on a OYO Sports box:

271zz1aqoj921.jpg

Another year, and the Padres STILL cant decide on what color scheme they want their organization to be!! 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, shstpt1 said:

Another year, and the Padres STILL cant decide on what color scheme they want their organization to be!! 🤦‍♂️

It's more clearly gold on the entire box:

P-MLBSDP50TH-G5LE_3QBox.jpg

Just now, Gothamite said:

Gold is good for a 50th.  Even if it does take them into Brewers territory. 

It's very Padres that the border looks almost the exact same as the piping on their 04-11 alts:

ikxpbcbis0c7dnbghqrwzn3rd.gif

3 hours ago, Ray Lankford said:

The Padres' 50th anniversary logo leaked on a OYO Sports box:

271zz1aqoj921.jpg

I think it'd look better without the gold outline, especially since it will be worn on white/gray jerseys most of the time. Gold 50 is fine...but the outline is sorta superfluous. 

Would it have been a cringe but kinda awesome solution for them to intentionally include ALL their color options into that one logo? Just imagine that. 

6 minutes ago, CON40 said:

Meh.

Right. That's exactly what it is.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

“If I were a betting man, I’d say we’re in brown uniforms in 2020,” Fowler continues. “We’re still in the middle of research, but that’s what I believe."

Pretty sure the Padres and the Ottawa Senators are managed by the same we-want-to-change-but-should-we-I-dunno-maybe-let's-talk-about-it-next-year people.