MLB 2019 Changes

That's either the worst photoshop ever or they really jacked up that outline.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so used to the obnoxiously-thick outline that the nicer one actually looks like a Chinese knockoff.

The sleeve trim really looks obnoxious now.  Wish they'd go with a thinner script.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It looks better, but I've only now realized how much I really don't care for the Phillies' script or that goofy number font.

The Phillies are kinda weird, branding-wise.  They seem reluctant to go as modern as they did in the 70s and 80s, because they're an original NL club.  But they were a terrible team who played in a dump of a park for most of the first half of the 20th century... which also happens to be when they wore their best scripts.

I'm a fan of their 70/80s unis, but I can see why someone would be put off at basing a full-time look on them, a la Blue Jays, Astros, retro Brewers, etc.

6 hours ago, NicDB said:

It looks better, but I've only now realized how much I really don't care for the Phillies' script or that goofy number font.

The Phillies are kinda weird, branding-wise.  They seem reluctant to go as modern as they did in the 70s and 80s, because they're an original NL club.  But they were a terrible team who played in a dump of a park for most of the first half of the 20th century... which also happens to be when they wore their best scripts.

I'm a fan of their 70/80s unis, but I can see why someone would be put off at basing a full-time look on them, a la Blue Jays, Astros, retro Brewers, etc.

If I could time travel to any stadium it would be this

cut.jpg

Also would catch an A's game at shibe too.

23 hours ago, DeFrank said:

But in reality, the District of Columbia, where 700,000+ people live, is commonly referred to as Washington DC, the District of Columbia, DC, the District, or Washington. It's dumb to try and say nobody calls it any of those things. I call it any of them depending on context. What is worth noting is that nobody calls it "Columbia."

I suppose it's because "Columbia" is an old poetic name for the New World, the land of Columbus, so the name means it's the capital district of that land. That would almost be like calling the town America.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

7 hours ago, the admiral said:

I suppose it's because "Columbia" is an old poetic name for the New World, the land of Columbus, so the name means it's the capital district of that land. That would almost be like calling the town America. 

There's a city in MD called Columbia about 30 minutes away.

7 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Not uni or logo related but....

This leaves Comerica Park as the only park that has that feature.

Weird...I could have sworn that the Dbacks said the keyhole would remain when the switch happened.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Weird...I could have sworn that the Dbacks said the keyhole would remain when the switch happened.  

Is there a chance they cut it out after they install it? Look at 3B. There's still a notch that goes into the base path that I assume has to still be trimmed off. Maybe the same thing with the path to the mound.

6 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I understand the reasoning behind him not choosing 34, but it's still gonna take a bit of time for me to get use to him in 3.

While #3 is one of my least favorite numbers for a power hitter, I liked his reasoning for both not taking Halladay's number (though that essentially forced the team to retire it) and not taking #7 from Mickael Franco, saying that he didn't know if it had any significance to him and it wasn't right for him to even ask, so he went with 3 since other members of his family have worn it (though his wife hates it.)  I'd have preferred 33 for him, but that arrogant jerk didn't even ask me.

Archived