MLB 2019 Changes

Pinstripe dress pants look stupid if not worn as part of a suit. Sure you might occasionally remove your jacket, but you’d never wear pinstriped pants on their own - or at least you shouldn’t. 

Point being that no team should wear pinstriped pants with their alts. If you’re not wearing a pinstriped jersey then you’re not a pinstriped team - at least that day.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Pinstripe dress pants look stupid if not worn as part of a suit. Sure you might occasionally remove your jacket, but you’d never wear pinstriped pants on their own - or at least you shouldn’t. 

Most pinstripe dress pants are subtle, and thus really aren't comparable to baseball pinstripes. I see many people wearing pinstripe pants without jackets, especially on warm days.

spacer.png

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 3/18/2019 at 3:31 AM, WSU151 said:

All pinstripe wearing teams don’t wear pinstripes on the road. Yankees, Cubs, Phillies, White Sox, Mets, Rockies...

Currently yes that is the case. But not always. Twins, Diamondbacks, Reds, Rockies, Padres, Angels, all wore Pinstripes both at home and on the road during the years that they wore pinstripes. I'd even venture to say outside of the Angels( though I have a nostalgic fondness for that era even though that look is widely regarded as bad) and Padres ( Navy/Orange was their best IMO) all these teams looked best during their era wearing pinstripes.

10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

And yet none of those pinstripes-on-the-road looks managed to last.  I think there's a reason for that.

The Twins kept it for 22 years. Granted, they lost all of their World Series games while wearing their road uniforms, but it was still a “signature” of theirs (one I don’t like).

On 3/18/2019 at 10:02 AM, WSU151 said:

Most pinstripe dress pants are subtle, and thus really aren't comparable to baseball pinstripes. I see many people wearing pinstripe pants without jackets, especially on warm days.

spacer.png

But like you said, those pinstripes are subtle and it doesn't stick out when worn without a jacket.

These are a different story:

Related imageImage result for mens pinstripe dress pants

55 minutes ago, daveindc said:

But like you said, those pinstripes are subtle and it doesn't stick out when worn without a jacket.

These are a different story:

Related imageImage result for mens pinstripe dress pants

But I wouldn't like those pants even with a matching jacket lol. 

OMMV. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2019 MLB Team Twitter Hashtags and Emojis

March 20, 2019 - 01:50 AM

With the first game of the 2019 Major League Baseball regular season schedule set for Wednesday, the league release its set of new team hashtags for Twitter. Of the thirty hashtags, eighteen remain the same as 2018 with a few […]

Read More...

2 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

Looks like the Mariners and As have ads on the right sleeves for the Japan opening series. I really hope ads dont come to MLB uniforms....

Teams have been doing that since 2000 for the Japan opening series.   Sometimes they even added helmet ads too.

CcYyqI1XEAEYZuH.jpg

I'm usually pretty wary of the slippery slope, but after twenty years it seems unlikely that this is a test case or step on the way.

Considering the chorus, it isn't hard to understand why the Red Sox adopted it.

Well I love that dirty water
Oh, Boston, you're my home

Of course, the song was originally a sort of ironic and back-handed.  But given enough time, irony becomes sincerity and jokes about the Boston Strangler are less about the fear of living in a dangerous place and more about "look how tough we are".

57 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Of course, the song was originally a sort of ironic and back-handed.  But given enough time, irony becomes sincerity and jokes about the Boston Strangler are less about the fear of living in a dangerous place and more about "look how tough we are".

Don’t you mean Boston Stranglers? Albert DeSalvo was killed trying to take back his confession, the DNA test was both conclusive and inconclusive, and most FBI profilers agree that there were multiple assailants.

I’m sorry, but it’s a pet peeve of mine.

1 hour ago, Gothamite said:

I spent way too long trying to figure out how The Foo Fighters' "Dirty Water" related to Boston in any way. Your song makes more sense.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

Archived