Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

Quick takes from an "im in phone" view:

- The new BiG looks nicer on a hat than it does as just a logo.

- The barley ball is a bad sleeve patch. Should have been Barrelman or Bricksconsin.

- The Spring Training font looks good all around.

- Royal blue gets lost literally everywhere in the design. You wanna go that route, use powder.

- I want a Milwaukee script, but I don't know that I want this Milwaukee script. Something about it combined with that swoosh on the front makes me feel like I'm looking at a UWM uniform.

- Literally everything on display here looks better than what they've regularly worn for the past 20 seasons (non-fauxback). Yes, it could have been better than what we're getting, but it initially all seems quite good.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Raglan sleeves on the pinnies!  Love that.

Are the pinstripes actually navy... or could they be royal?  It's tough to tell in the pic.

EJsk_99X0AEfIKd?format=jpg&name=4096x409

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I’m also surprised that after adding royal blue to the logos they didn’t leave the pinstripes royal blue with yellow trim to retain the classic vibe but bear the new wordmarks and fonts. That would have been a good compromise to keep the branding consistent but use the classic colors. I still like the pins as-is but I’m just surprised they didn’t go that route.

Also, grow some balls and wear navy pants with the script jersey.  It's time one of these teams had grapefruits instead of plums down there.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 10/29/2019 at 11:06 AM, GottaDeal said:

I can just imagine the flowery explanation that will be given about how the connecting B and M represents the strong connection between the city and the team. 

"The 'M' and 'B' are now connected above the webbing of the glove, signifying the connection between the city of milwaukee and the Brewers organization"

From here: https://brewers.fanportal-mlb.com/glovestory/

Just now, GottaDeal said:

"The 'M' and 'B' are now connected above the webbing of the glove, signifying the connection between the city of milwaukee and the Brewers organization"

Shut up. Not you, personally, GottaDeal, but them. They should shut up.

I'm not crazy about it yet. It's a whole set of half-measures: navy blue AND royal blue, cream AND pinstripes, arched letters AND a cursive alternate script. But trying to please everybody has been the Brewers' m.o. since 2007 or whenever they started re-embracing the throwbacks. It's still much better than the Times New Roman set, but I don't love it like I would have loved royal blue and a commitment to pinstripes at home. I don't understand why the Wisconsin logo needs a brick-and-mortar pattern, seems too clever by half. Milwaukee isn't the only city with brick buildings.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Okay, so... 

1. I said this before and I'll say it again: The new BIG feels like a lateral move. There's a lot of smart fixes made with the new logo, but a few huge missteps which suck (The gap in the webbing & the baseball seams mostly for me). 

2. I like the word marks on the Pinstripes, Grey & Cream. The Navy? As much as I've always liked that Milwaukee script, it doesn't look right without an outline. 

3. The fact none of the striping matches is also upsetting and something that would be such an easy tweak, especially with the White & Grey. 

4. Too many alt logos.... it's like they don't want to piss off fans of any era, so they're just half-measuring everything. Same goes with the Royal Blue in the logos. Personally, I'd have modernized Barrel-Man and put him on the sleeve. Barely-Ball is meh, and the Bricks-Consin logo is a neat idea, but I also feel that could've been executed better, using a mix of the logo they chose to use as inspriation along with the 90's Wisconsin patch of the Motre Bame era, which is where Barely-Ball would've worked IMO. 

TL;DR: They got a great idea here, but are a few tweaks away from really nailing this. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

The barley-stitched baseball doesn't have enough going on to stand on its own as a logo. Maybe they could have had that as an accent on the ball in the BiG but by itself, doesn't do anything for me. And I thought you're not supposed to have a baseball as a logo anyway.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Shut up. Not you, personally, GottaDeal, but them. They should shut up.

I'm not crazy about it yet. It's a whole set of half-measures: navy blue AND royal blue, cream AND pinstripes, arched letters AND a cursive alternate script. But trying to please everybody has been the Brewers' m.o. since 2007 or whenever they started re-embracing the throwbacks. It's still much better than the Times New Roman set, but I don't love it like I would have loved royal blue and a commitment to pinstripes at home. I don't understand why the Wisconsin logo needs a brick-and-mortar pattern, seems too clever by half. Milwaukee isn't the only city with brick buildings.

Milwaukee isnt the only city, of course, but its main nickname is Cream City in honor of the cream brick buildings.  So IMO, it makes perfect sense.

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived