Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I’m told they said at the event last night that the throwback uniforms are gone. 

Thats okay, I don’t mind.  

But good designs can be easily destroyed, and this is one example where minor changes have a major impact.  “Centering” the ball is such a bad choice I can’t believe a designer wanted to do that. 

What is it about the act of centering the ball that you don’t like?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Centering the ball makes it look more placed-on and less dynamic than the old more abstract view, and that lack of dynamism extends to the entirety of the new BiG with the way the smoothing of the side makes it look lumpier. At least how I look at it. Less cohesive as a unit.

I refuse to even acknowledge that "three sections" nonsense. That poor copywriter.

46 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Marlins and Rays are definitely trouble sets, with the others being purely subjective.

I'd say the Marlins and Rays needing fixes is subjective too. It's the definition of an opinion. Could some tweaks improve them? Sure, but I think both teams look fine. They aren't the disasters that Arizona, San Diego, and Milwaukee were.

The ball is separated into three sections:

1. The middle section represents our arrogance at thinking we can make a friggin' baseball into a philosophical concept of gratitude
  2. The smaller left section represents our hopes that fans continue to forget that Ryan Braun is a scumbag
  3. The smaller right section represents the Cubs fans that keep our venue full most of the year

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Can’t believe the Padres and Brewers finally got it right. Great time for baseball unis.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

1. The middle section represents how we fall in the middle of the pack most of the time.

2. The smaller left section symbolizes our attempts to forget how Milwaukee PD gave Konerak Sinthasomphone back to Dahmer.

3. The smaller right section is for the people who enjoyed having Nyjer “T-Plush” Morgan on the team.

1 minute ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Forgive my ignorance, but whats the significance of the brick pattern on the state logo?

"each brick represents the fans, the city of Milwaukee, and the state of Wisconsin" or something

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

51 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

What is it about the act of centering the ball that you don’t like?

It’s different than the original so it must be bad 

(Yes, I’m being sarcastic)

21 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Forgive my ignorance, but whats the significance of the brick pattern on the state logo?

Milwaukee is known as the Cream City because of the cream colored bricks used for construction in the early days of the city which comes from the cream colored clay in the area. These are the bricks being represented in the state logo. This is also why the home uniforms are cream.

I always thought the ears of grain shown withing the Brewers logos were barley, one of the primary ingredients in brewing beer. I am very surprised they are listed as wheat, which is an ingredient in certain types of beer, but certainly not part of the American lager style that Milwaukee is famous for.

https://brewers.fanportal-mlb.com/glovestory/

"A brand-new mark, the Wheat Ball is inspired by wheat from past Brewers logos to honor MKE's brewing tradition."

The news story on the Brewers site about the redesign refers to the script from 2000 as having barley and the new 2020 ball logo having barley. Strange.

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/news/brewers-new-uniforms-2020

The Brewers wore the logo from 1978-93, the final season of Robin Yount’s Hall of Fame career. In ‘94, for their 25th season in Milwaukee, the club made the dubious decision to change to an interlocking “M” and “B,” then changed again in 2000 with a script “Brewers” adorned with barley to mark the pending move to Miller Park.

• The alternate home uniforms are white with familiar pinstripes, matching the Brewers’ look when they first introduced the ball-in-glove. On the left sleeve of both versions of the home uniform is a baseball patch with seams of barley, borrowing from the 2000-19 logo.

To die before the harvest...the crops, the grains. Fields of rippling wheat. Wheat. All there is in life is wheat. Oh, wheat! Lots of wheat! Fields of wheat. A tremendous amount of wheat!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The ball in glove logo really dies on the hat now.  Looks really dull, doesn't pop at all.  However, most of the jerseys are really nice.  I don't love the blue one.  The cursive script with corners and edges looks a little strange.  And of course the boy scout look that I'll never not see now when they wear the yellow panel hat.  But I like the simple and clean look of the white, cream, and grey uni's.

Overall this is an upgrade, but I'd give it like a 6/10 compared to the Padres who get like a 7.5/10.  I think the responses would have been more positive if the Brewers had unveiled theirs before San Diego.

90758391980.gif

6 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

4bI2yeE.png

wE maDethe eEDGESs sharpe because INdustryotools andthE GLOve ballL centTERIDakdf

giphy.gif

twitter

Archived