Milwaukee Brewers 2020 Logo/Uniforms

daveindc

• Replies 949
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, NicDB said:

It's not as if Milwaukee hasn't gone to great lengths to preserve the relics of its heavy industry days and repurpose them. It's why the old Pabst campus is now a trendy hotel, a craft brewery, and a tap room. Blatz is now a university building. And Schlitz is a business park.

I lived in one of those Pabst buildings for three years. Not bad at all! 

2 minutes ago, skip88 said:

how many teams use navy blue and how many use royal.

not many use royal, right? 😔

Royals, Dodgers, Rangers, Cubs, and Mets. That’s plenty. 

Then again, you hate everything new because you spend the rest of your time making tired “Marlins have no fans” jokes and being a general pest, so maybe it’s useless arguing with you.

Between my mid-morning slack-off and lunch, this thread added a lot of posts, so I apologize if this has come up before...

Any chance the number font is kind of a nod to beer barrels?   The flat top and bottom kinda make the 0, 3, 6, 8, and 9 look like that to me, particularly given the way each tapers* toward the top and bottom, giving them a sense of getting wider in the middle. (also the top of the 2 and bottom of the 5)

*I am sure you designers have a better term than "taper" for the way these numbers narrow at the top and bottom.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Thoughts

- I don't like the updates to the BiG. Connecting the m and b is distracting and it's all I can see. I think in an effort to clean it up some of what makes the BiG one of our greatest sports logos was lost.

- I don't like the use of royal blue. Did they think the Bucks random usage of a royal blue outline was cool and felt like joining in? It looks like an embroidery error. 

- I don't like how the home and road grays have similar, but different striping. There's no good reason for them to not match.

- baseball didn't need another roundel. 

- the Wisconsin brick logo is too busy. 

- Font's good. I like the font. 

- each uniform is good on it's own. Navy blue and yellow is a unique color scheme in baseball once the Padres forfeited it a couple years ago so I'm cool with that over royal blue and yellow. I hope that doesn't mean the Mariners think they can slide back into that color scheme now that it's fully available. 

- the brandspeak is dumb AF like all brandspeak is so that's whatever, but they lost a chance to sell a hat to me if instead of some nonsense about the shapes in the baseball representing some other nonsense they'd said, "the baseball is a baseball because we play baseball."

PvO6ZWJ.png

32 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Thoughts

- I don't like the updates to the BiG. Connecting the m and b is distracting and it's all I can see. I think in an effort to clean it up some of what makes the BiG one of our greatest sports logos was lost.

- I don't like the use of royal blue. Did they think the Bucks random usage of a royal blue outline was cool and felt like joining in? It looks like an embroidery error. 

- I don't like how the home and road grays have similar, but different striping. There's no good reason for them to not match.

- baseball didn't need another roundel. 

- the Wisconsin brick logo is too busy. 

- Font's good. I like the font. 

- each uniform is good on it's own. Navy blue and yellow is a unique color scheme in baseball once the Padres forfeited it a couple years ago so I'm cool with that over royal blue and yellow. I hope that doesn't mean the Mariners think they can slide back into that color scheme now that it's fully available. 

- the brandspeak is dumb AF like all brandspeak is so that's whatever, but they lost a chance to sell a hat to me if instead of some nonsense about the shapes in the baseball representing some other nonsense they'd said, "the baseball is a baseball because we play baseball."

That’s all a pretty good summary.  As a Brewers fans I agree. 

2 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

...barley.

...barley...

...barley...

...barley...

...barley.

I wonder how many Brewers fans will barley notice the changes made to the BiG?

*GROAN*

1 hour ago, hawk36 said:

EJsnZYXWkAAEbnX?format=jpg&name=orig

Home far left, away far right. Ditch the 2 in the middle. Done. 

Definitely ditch the blue jersey and alternate hat. They look like something the Montgomery Biscuits would wear.

The sleeve striping on the cream uniform should match the sleeve striping on the road uniform. Put barrelman on the left sleeve. Not only is it a better/more fun/more interesting logo, it has some white in it, which will help the white baseball in the cap logo not look out of place. (The road uniform avoids this problem by having the white baseball in the sleeve patch.)

On the pinstripe, replace the barley ball with barrelman. The roads are fine. Done.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I feel I'd like the road jerseys a lot more if there was something that set them apart from every other road uniform in the league. Kind of like how the Padres unveiled the sand colored pinstriped road unis and almost everyone loves them.

@MJD7 did a great mockup of the road set with a subtle powder blue tint and gold script and numbers and it made a huge difference. 

Studio Stories: Modernizing the Brewers Ball-in-Glove Logo

November 19, 2019 - 21:31 PM

The ball-in-glove Milwaukee Brewers logo is back. Officially. But this time it’s been reinvented and modernized enough to let it live as the team’s primary mark without being changed enough to lose the essence of the original 1978 design. Getting […]

Read More...

It's the Canadian spelling.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

18 hours ago, packerfan21396 said:

Please use this picture from Twitter instead of the locker room to see all the uniforms:

EJsnZYXWkAAEbnX?format=jpg&name=orig

The new logo portion of the Brewers website AND Brewers Twitter clearly show that the yellow front panel cap is for the navy road alternate ONLY.

I like that they made up their minds. The previous look, not including the throw and feauxbacks, was a good look if they didn't compromise. I don't know if I prefer this but it's better than a half-measure. Overall I continue to be whelmed by the Brewers.

My likes:

-I actually really like the yellow-fronted cap. The regular cap uses thin lines with a navy logo on navy so it's not as clear as it should be.

-Don't mind the ball in glove tweaks, I'd even argue it's a slight improvement.

-Wheat-baseball is great! When are they using which sleeve logo? Wheatball is clearly superior to Wisconsin shape IMO, but there is precedent there.

My tweaks:

-Lose the pinstripes, it's basically an unnecessary fauxback

-Fix the sleeve stripes so they match on home/road

-Either get a more fun font on the navys or use the block, the script their using is like serif-cursive, meh. In fact, you could change the navy jersey entirely because it adds nothing to the set as is.

Also, the Nike logos on the chest suck ass. Nike can lick my balls with this over-branding bull :censored: (tell us how ya REALLY feel).

EDIT: As a former Cub Scout, don't mind the hat. Also Barrelman has always and will always suck IMO. But not gonna bemoan its fans.

One day, you'll be in phone, too.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived