North American Pro Soccer 2020

Gothamite

4 hours ago, Gothamite said:

USL is allowing a limited number of fans, provided they follow social distancing.

San Antonio won't have fans for the July 25th game but hope to have them in August if things improve by then.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

Good point.  

Sports are still not allowed in Dane County, so Forward Madison will move their 2020 home games to the Milwaukee suburbs. 

Piggybacking off your USL League One post on Forward Madison, because of travel restrictions to Ontario Toronto FC II is sitting out the 2020 season

Signature intentionally left blank

As much as I'd like to, I don't think I'm going to be able to watch a single one of these 6 a.m. starts. WFH life has killed my desire to be up early in the morning.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

38 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

Toronto FC fans... come here... I need to talk to you.

How does a team up 2-0 with a man advantage blow that lead?

*hangs head*

IMO they got lazy and then Ciman had one of his worst appearances. 

Regardless, no excuses, they should not have lost that lead. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

I didn't realize BWP was with LAFC. I also didn't realize Houston could get up on them 3-1 in a half. Woah.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

56 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I didn't realize BWP was with LAFC. I also didn't realize Houston could get up on them 3-1 in a half. Woah.

I honestly forgot too. He missed the start of the season so seeing him in the starting lineup caused me to do a double take. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

21 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

I honestly forgot too. He missed the start of the season so seeing him in the starting lineup caused me to do a double take. 

And, like BWP, he scored a goal. Congrats on the big tie!

FS1 has the sound dialed in for this LAG/POR match. The fake crowd noise just for atmosphere, yeah, but also the field mics are coming through on top of that more clearly than I’ve heard elsewhere. Best of all worlds at once.

I don’t think I’ve ever complimented Fox soccer presentation before, but hey. The ESPN and TUDN broadcasts I’ve watched feel like they’re happening 120 yards away from the match.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 7/12/2020 at 12:01 AM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The fake crowd noise on the Fox broadcast makes this such a more compelling broadcast to watch than the quiet ESPN shows. Yes, it's phony, but I don't care.

I like the fake crowd noise right up until something happens and the "crowd" doesn't react and then you're reminded it's fake. They need some white noise, though, because the ESPN broadcasts feel like watching a high school scrimmage. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I like being able to hear the field noise on the ESPN broadcasts.  The quality of the virtual ads is hilarious, though; watching them place the big sideline ad strip was like watching a Twitch streamer.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

5 minutes ago, -kj said:

I like being able to hear the field noise on the ESPN broadcasts.  The quality of the virtual ads is hilarious, though; watching them place the big sideline ad strip was like watching a Twitch streamer.

I wonder when kits will have different sponsors displayed depending on what half of the match the sides are playing? 

17 hours ago, Digby said:

FS1 has the sound dialed in for this LAG/POR match. The fake crowd noise just for atmosphere, yeah, but also the field mics are coming through on top of that more clearly than I’ve heard elsewhere. Best of all worlds at once.

I don’t think I’ve ever complimented Fox soccer presentation before, but hey. The ESPN and TUDN broadcasts I’ve watched feel like they’re happening 120 yards away from the match.

Yeah, I was super impressed during the LAFC/Houston match. Especially with the TV on in the other room; it felt like a real broadcast in real times. And I don't mind being deceived.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

Does each network have its own production crew in The Bubble? I kind of assumed just one or MLS would handle that, and each network would just add its own scorebug and commentators.

I believe ESPN does all the on-site work (Cameras etc...) and sells/licenses it to the others

Well that was a pleasant surprise to start this morning. FC Cincinnati looked like complete ass today and pulled a goal out of their butts when Atlanta got a red card in the 26th minute. They could conceivably advance to the round of 16 if they pull off another upset over the Red Bulls. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

On 7/14/2020 at 6:42 PM, Digby said:

Does each network have its own production crew in The Bubble? I kind of assumed just one or MLS would handle that, and each network would just add its own scorebug and commentators.

Columbus' regular broadcast teams are calling games from Mapfre. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

Cincinnati didnt look good but Atlanta said hold my beer and shocked us all. Is Atlanta really this bad or are they just severely missing Josef Martinez?

That might be the case... although the two Red Cards show that maybe the pressure of being one of the favorites is getting to them. They still have one group stage game left with Columbus and, depending on what they do tonight against the Red Bulls, that game may have all sorts of implications for the Knockout Round.

Archived