2020-2021 NHL Changes

squamfan

1 minute ago, gosioux76 said:

avoiding the red accent color all together. 

I think Winnipeg is trying hard to be the double blue team and avoiding the red in general. With Seattle on the way and wearing an extremely similar colour scheme, I expect Winnipeg to continue acting like red isn't a part of their colours. Which is fine with me too. The red maple leaf in the logos really feels out of sorts. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Beantown77 said:

spacer.pngspacer.png

(Sorry for harping on this, but it eats at me.)

How can you look at the white cuffs and not see that black was a much better option?

I didn't really mind the white until I saw this. Black is clearly better, and I don't think it's even close.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Few things that jump out for me. To me this promotion was about having fun with some past looks and giving the fans something new and exciting to see on the ice and wear.

Oilers should have gone with a recolored Mcfarlane jersey.
Rangers and Flames fixed things that weren't broken. Would have liked to see the Flames in Red or Yellow and the Rangers in Red, Grey, or Royal.

Ducks jersey would've been better in jade.
Islanders played it too safe. Fishsticks and/or the wavy pattern in orange would have been a blast.

Love that the Stars brought back the Modano jerseys but the execution leaves a lot to be desired.
Red Wings...Fail

I don't think any of these are outright bad at all. Detroit, oddly enough my favorite team, is probably my least favorite, and the Isles just kinda dropped the ball here, even if the jersey itself looks nice. The Blues is kinda ugly, but I feel like it works, given the concept. 

My top 3, not that anyone cares:

1. Arizona

2. Nashville

3. Colorado

8 minutes ago, Olmec said:

Few things that jump out for me. To me this promotion was about having fun with some past looks and giving the fans something new and exciting to see on the ice and wear.

Ducks jersey would've been better in jade.

Well a jade Wild Wing with a white yoke would have been a throwback.

I don't know if the adidas team will continually recolor Wild Wing jerseys for these kinds of programs in the future, but they could have done:

A jade jersey with white ice and eggplant yoke (and a silver line in the yoke)

An eggplant jersey with white ice and jade yoke (and white line in the yoke)

A white jersey with Wild Wing wearing jade or eggplant jersey. 

For the next round, I hope they bring back an eggplant version of the vertical sleeve stripe alternate.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 minutes ago, Justpassingby said:

I don’t know what you lot are on about, that Detroit sweater is freakin gorgeous

Hey, you like what you like, and every jersey has its fans, no matter how unpopular or maligned it is, in general. That said, you certainly seem to be in the minority, even amongst Wings fans. I think this one doesn't survive past RR, as it doesn't look like it's going to be a big seller, compared to a team like the Kings, Devils, Caps, or Bolts.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Well a jade Wild Wing with a white yoke would have been a throwback.

I don't know if the adidas team will continually recolor Wild Wing jerseys for these kinds of programs in the future, but they could have done:

A jade jersey with white ice and eggplant yoke (and a silver line in the yoke)

An eggplant jersey with white ice and jade yoke (and white line in the yoke)

A white jersey with Wild Wing wearing jade or eggplant jersey. 

For the next round, I hope they bring back an eggplant version of the vertical sleeve stripe alternate.

A jade version of Wild Wing breaking through ice is a throwback? Maybe you misunderstood what I meant.

Archived