Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

On 4/20/2020 at 2:33 PM, 8BW14 said:

Geezus the Browns need a freaking logo.  That helmet honestly just looks stupid. It’s ridiculous that this is the logo they use to represent the franchise most often. They should be embarrassed that it is mostly what they have available for fans to wear. A basic varsity block C would be better. Brownie would be better, but the helmet as the “primary logo” is just plain crappy.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:48 PM, Cle_Tpa20 said:

As a Browns fan, I completely agree.. It's frustrating a little bit... The helmet looks so dumb on merch.  On the other hand, not quite sure what creative direction the team could go with.  Our Indians use the block C, and people hate it.  I guess Brownie could be a little better

browns-concept-2-home-2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXmmdpwFh45x_b-2hsVJY

cleveland-browns-circle-copy_600.jpg

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/21/2020 at 7:46 AM, aawagner011 said:

I have long thought this. The current “logo” looks more like a picture of the helmet you’d see on a pennant or on a TV graphic.

I really like both of these concepts below. They convey a timeless and classic look. They aren’t overly detailed and don’t need to worry about whether the helmet design is outdated. Most importantly, they feel like real logos, unlike the current design.

spacer.png

spacer.png

The concepts are the work of Gridiron Labs.

https://gridironlabs.com/cleveland-browns-primary-mark-studies

This is such an elegant solution to the Browns logo problem. Perfect. 

On 4/20/2020 at 4:59 PM, WavePunter said:

2 blue stripes is "even more" than 1.. but it has absolutely nothing to do with "balancing the helmet".. it's the aesthetics of having more pop of the darker color.. the helmet is irrelevant in both cases

Two blue stripes is indeed even more than one, but I was referring to the part where you argued for blue socks over orange, which is the ultimate support for the point I made.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 4/26/2020 at 1:00 AM, colortv said:

browns-concept-2-home-2.jpg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXmmdpwFh45x_b-2hsVJY

cleveland-browns-circle-copy_600.jpg

No where do fans complaining about the helmet being our logo to they imply they want a logo on the helmet. You have can have a plain helmet and still have a logo. Ohio State has figured it out. Bengals have figured it out. Penn State did. 

They're not mutually exclusive ideas. Logo for merch, but not on the helmet. 

I know I'm late to the party, but if I had to change one thing about the Browns new unis...I'd have the AAFC drop shadow numbers, at least on the color rush ones. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

4 hours ago, lahaye7 said:

I know I'm late to the party, but if I had to change one thing about the Browns new unis...I'd have the AAFC drop shadow numbers, at least on the color rush ones. 

I'd say only on the color rush. Then they'd have something to break up the orange and brown. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd say only on the color rush. Then they'd have something to break up the orange and brown. 

But the whole point of those uniforms is to be just brown and orange.

If they added a slight orange drop shadow to the primary uniform numbers, I wouldn't hate that at all - but maybe the longtime fans would.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

But the whole point of those uniforms is to be just brown and orange.

If they added a slight orange drop shadow to the primary uniform numbers, I wouldn't hate that at all - but maybe the longtime fans would.

I would hate the drop shadows unless they were part of a fourth jersey.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Get that drop shadow/helmet logo bullcrap out of here. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

On 4/26/2020 at 3:38 AM, El Scorcho said:

This is such an elegant solution to the Browns logo problem. Perfect. 

Horrible thought: how about wrapping a brown C around the simple profile view to form a near roundel like the Cubs logo?

On 4/25/2020 at 11:53 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

I love that old Mark Duper facemask helmet logos. And yea a million guys wore it but I associate it primarily with Duper as he was the last guy who did and I saw him play all the time being a fan of an AFC east team.

The 49ers still use the Duper helmet facemasks in their endzones

spacer.png

And it works better for the Browns as well. That style of facemask used in the current Browns logo is defunct and wasn't really iconic in any way. Don't like how the helmet is slightly turned too.

Crazy how the similar the Marks bros Duper and Clayton were in size, career span, and stats.

On 4/26/2020 at 1:58 PM, andrewharrington said:

Two blue stripes is indeed even more than one, but I was referring to the part where you argued for blue socks over orange, which is the ultimate support for the point I made.

except i advocated for the BOB striping and blue socks.. you took a pretty hard stance on the either/or side of things.. so, while you may be concerned with "balancing the helmet" (which i agree can be a great role for the socks to fill), i don't think that's the primary purpose of the pants - especially when the pants can mimic the helmet striping (either exactly, or at least in principle, to create a more cohesive look)..

HERES A concept I FOUND AND it’s so good I WISH THEYD USE it but they unveiled the UNIFORMS DAYS AGO OH CRAp but I’ll post it anyway AND HEY HERES THIS CONCEPT AND this logo idea I found that’s be perfect so even though THE NEW ONES ARE FIRE CLEAN 100 I JUST really feel they need a logo and this concept from 2008 is so perfect I mean look it flows AND YEAH I MEAN THEyd look weird WITH A LOBO BUT FR the browns could look so much less stupid if they ADDED THIS CONCEPT ATRIPE PARTRN LOGORD BRANDIOSE FRASER I think so yeah we will see in five years but until then look at this concept. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

44 minutes ago, CherryMX said:

HERES A concept I FOUND AND it’s so good I WISH THEYD USE it but they unveiled the UNIFORMS DAYS AGO OH CRAp but I’ll post it anyway AND HEY HERES THIS CONCEPT AND this logo idea I found that’s be perfect so even though THE NEW ONES ARE FIRE CLEAN 100 I JUST really feel they need a logo and this concept from 2008 is so perfect I mean look it flows AND YEAH I MEAN THEyd look weird WITH A LOBO BUT FR the browns could look so much less stupid if they ADDED THIS CONCEPT ATRIPE PARTRN LOGORD BRANDIOSE FRASER I think so yeah we will see in five years but until then look at this concept. 

Too much black

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

MOD EDIT: Not necessary. Point was made above.

twitter

Archived