Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

2 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Browns Owner Says Team Will “Find a Way” to Add Orange Pants

April 17, 2020 - 18:26 PM

The Cleveland Browns “new” look, unveiled this past Wednesday was met with nearly universal praise from around the uniform world. You might note there that I said “nearly universal praise”, there was one aspect missing that fans made quite clear […]

Read More...

Glad they are so committed to fixing yet another mistake...finding a way to win games remains a near impossibility.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sport said:

Not true. They tried BWOWB stripes with the brown jersey, but in that same time period they also tested BOB stripes a few times.

dennis-northcutt-778d4ff0-0696-4110-bf2ccleveland-browns-quarterback-trent-dilfe

When they went back to the Jim Brown stripes on the jerseys they went back to the OBO stripes because that's the classic Browns look and in everyone's opinion, the thousands of people I've surveyed, and especially my heavily weighted one, we all think OBO looks better. It wouldn't make sense to go BOB with the new unfiroms because it A. looks worse and B. isn't the Browns. 

Ah, I guess they did finally unify under a single white pant in 05.. wise move on their part, as it was much better without the little white spaces..

As for the "why", again, I'll halfway agree with you that it is because it was theit classic look, but it was primarily due to the 60th anniversary.. as denoted with the chest patches and grey facemasks as well.. but I already stated all that..

3 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Browns Owner Says Team Will “Find a Way” to Add Orange Pants

April 17, 2020 - 18:26 PM

The Cleveland Browns “new” look, unveiled this past Wednesday was met with nearly universal praise from around the uniform world. You might note there that I said “nearly universal praise”, there was one aspect missing that fans made quite clear […]

Read More...

They should've had the orange pants instead of the solid brown ones from the get-go.. only one brown pair is needed, and the striped pair is preferable

8 minutes ago, WavePunter said:

They should've had the orange pants instead of the solid brown ones from the get-go.. only one brown pair is needed, and the striped pair is preferable

A year ago, they implied they had the uniforms and one was going to be "kept in the closet". I'm guessing it's all orange and then the jersey and pants can be intermingled with the rest of the options. 

Right now they want people to buy the home, away, or color rush versions before throwing another option at them. 

2 hours ago, Sport said:

Not true. They tried BWOWB stripes with the brown jersey, but in that same time period they also tested BOB stripes a few times.

dennis-northcutt-778d4ff0-0696-4110-bf2ccleveland-browns-quarterback-trent-dilfe

When they went back to the Jim Brown stripes on the jerseys they went back to the OBO stripes because that's the classic Browns look and in everyone's opinion, the thousands of people I've surveyed, and especially my heavily weighted one, we all think OBO looks better. It wouldn't make sense to go BOB with the new unfiroms because it A. looks worse and B. isn't the Browns. 

It looks too much chicago bears like to me with the Bob stripes 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 4/16/2020 at 8:49 AM, hugevolsfan said:

So evidently most of twitter remarks are asking what changed or are saying it looks the same on the Browns jersey. It amazes me that most people cannot tell the difference between their previous set & this one.

Yea, I mean it's one thing to not notice the Colts changes, but how on earth can people not tell the difference with the Browns? Even to the average fan. Right off the bat the lack of chest stripes, different color numbers and no Browns on the pants stripe should be immediately noticeable.

I think I seen Mina Kimes from ESPN tweet "Me every time a team releases a new uniform" and it was that 'It's the same picture' meme. So I guess that's how the average non-uni nerd fan thinks.

19 minutes ago, colortv said:

Just leaving this here regarding whether the "current" Browns should be regarded the same as the "original" Browns:

I don't think anyone was arguing that at this juncture 😛

1 hour ago, colortv said:

Just leaving this here regarding whether the "current" Browns should be regarded the same as the "original" Browns:

Leave it alone. We're not having that debate in this thread. 

Thanks. 

BB52Big.jpg

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

Yea, I mean it's one thing to not notice the Colts changes, but how on earth can people not tell the difference with the Browns? Even to the average fan. Right off the bat the lack of chest stripes, different color numbers and no Browns on the pants stripe should be immediately noticeable.

I think I seen Mina Kimes from ESPN tweet "Me every time a team releases a new uniform" and it was that 'It's the same picture' meme. So I guess that's how the average non-uni nerd fan thinks.

Unless the colors change or the logo changes, they seem to be clueless. "Ooh, brown and orange. What's different?"

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

My guess is they aren’t real hardcore fans and probably weren't aware that the browns changed in the first place 5 years ago.

32 minutes ago, dont care said:

My guess is they aren’t real hardcore fans and probably weren't aware that the browns changed in the first place 5 years ago.

At first, I thought those folks who were questioning what had changed were referring to what was different between what the Browns just unveiled and the "classic" look they last wore in 2014. I could see getting questions about that. But I think I thought that originally because I had originally thought there's no way that people don't understand the differences between the new look and the 15 - 19 look. I guess I was wrong? If the latter is the case, the general public must really not care that much about uniform aesthetics. Haha.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Yeah either that or it’s so engrained in the casual fan’s brain that this is what the Browns should look like that they’ve overlooked the last five years. Add that to the fact that the Browns aren’t really a team that’s in many feature games, I can see how a non-uniform nut wouldn’t have been exposed to the last monstrosities very much. 

As a Browns fan and member of this forum...I've never noticed differences in the pa t stripe order and really can't tell the difference between this set and the classic.  Maybe that's the point, they look good, and minor tweaks are minor. 

Archived