Cleveland Browns Unveil New Uniforms

jimsimo

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gray > brown for Cleveland.  I'm not a pro-gray-masker, but it worked really well for them.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

16 hours ago, BBTV said:

Gray > brown for Cleveland.  I'm not a pro-gray-masker, but it worked really well for them.

Everything about the Browns' brand should look as old-timey as possible. It's why they should only wear white pants, gray masks, and have stripey-ass socks. They named their team after their coach, that's about as old-school as a team can get and that sort of thing is what Cleveland should embrace.

1 hour ago, Red Wolf said:

Everything about the Browns' brand should look as old-timey as possible. It why they should only wear white pants, wear gray masks, and have stripey-ass socks. They named their team after their coach, that's about as old-school as a team can get and that sort of thing is what Cleveland should embrace.

I still feel like they could get away with rotating gray, white, and brown masks on home, road, and alts. Maybe the random white mask with brown over orange. 

13 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm a big fan of the brown facemasks. IMO that's by far the best option for them. The brighter orange really looks nice, too. I'm excited to see both road combos. Halleluiah to white striped socks! Cleveland Browns reveal new uniforms - YouTube

From head-to-toe, this is the best the Browns have ever looked. 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The brown facemasks look about as bad as I expected them to look in live game action.

The brown facemasks seriously detract from the whole retro/classic look the Browns are trying to achieve. They make the helmets look dull and boring in the same way that black for black's sake facemasks do. IMO white or gray make the entire helmet pop more.

56 minutes ago, LordBigMad said:

The brown facemasks look about as bad as I expected them to look in live game action.

The brown facemasks seriously detract from the whole retro/classic look the Browns are trying to achieve. They make the helmets look dull and boring in the same way that black for black's sake facemasks do. IMO white or gray make the entire helmet pop more.

On the other hand, I like the brown facemasks with this uniform because I feel like it helps to bring a classic look into the modern era without overdoing it. 

I guess you can count me amongst the anti-grey facemaskers (in instances where teams otherwise don’t have grey or silver in their color scheme). 

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

23 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

I'm a big fan of the brown facemasks. IMO that's by far the best option for them. The brighter orange really looks nice, too. I'm excited to see both road combos. Halleluiah to white striped socks! Cleveland Browns reveal new uniforms - YouTube

Put some orange stripes on those all brown socks and call it complete.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Rumors going around that the Browns will go brown over orange tomorrow night. Seems weird to break out the "surprise" in week 2. 

Color Rush seems like another rumor that might have some legs. 

Boo to this.

1 hour ago, Chawls said:

On the other hand, I like the brown facemasks with this uniform because I feel like it helps to bring a classic look into the modern era without overdoing it. 

I guess you can count me amongst the anti-grey facemaskers (in instances where teams otherwise don’t have grey or silver in their color scheme). 

If by "modern" you mean "non gray," then white would do the same thing, and it becomes a far more familiar look reminiscent of the Kosar era. 

I couldn't agree more with @LordBigMad. The dark facemasks seemed to dull the overall look of the set. If it's possible, it made the Browns too brown. 

4 hours ago, LordBigMad said:

The helmet is traffic cone orange. The last thing it needs is to pop more.

If they had gone full throwback, I’d prefer the grey mask, but since they put a contemporary spin on things with the new digits and type, I think brown was a fine choice. Maybe pairing it with the classic uniform style made the difference for me, because I didn’t like the brown mask when it came out with the 2015 uniforms.

The only mask color I don’t want to see the Browns wear again is white.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Gray just looks so good with orange and brown.  It's a very autumnal combination.  

I also wish they'd go back to their old shade of brown.  "Seal brown" I think?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

White is the worst color they could use.  It's gray>gray>gray>brown>white

On 9/14/2020 at 1:44 PM, Pharos04 said:

What team is this? I can’t tell without the giant city name on the front or the team name down the side of the pants! This is madness!!

All kidding aside, the Browns look like the Browns again. The minor tweaks fall seamlessly in place with the traditional look of the Browns. Such a substantial upgrade over the mess they had before it’s like night and day. Hope it never gets tossed aside again.

The one nitpick I probably can point out is the NFL  loosening the footwear regulations which imo was a major mistake....just to see the whole squad in the dominant or solid black shoe color or the opposite in white 

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived