Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

Well, I like the blue and yellow gold, but the bone uniforms need to be consistent. I guess they added white just to show that bone is an off-white color. Well, no need for that!!! Why not just update the 2000 St. Louis look with royal blue and yellow-gold. The helmets are better now. No more navy lids on royal blue jerseys like 1973-1999 with that inconsistency.

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, IceCap said:

Is there room to break away from that? Yes. It's called experimentation. Experimentation, however, implies that there will be failures. The Rams' look is a failure, even if we can all see what the inspirations were. Now does the Rams' new identity deserve props for breaking new ground even if it was a failure? I would say no. We're talking about logo and uniform design. Ultimately? The key goal is looking good. Not pushing the envelope. If you can do both? Great. If not? Your experimental failure is still ugly.

This. I was gonna mention that I agreed with your initial point about the pinstripe suit, but also that I don’t think it has to be an either/or when it comes to classic & modern. I think teams like the Vikings & Dolphins (and now the Chargers, Browns, & Bucs) have shown that you can have an overall classic and iconic look that can stand the test of time, with a few modern touches that don’t distract from the overall look, and occasionally even enhance them, in my opinion.

That being said, looks like the Rams and the previous Bucs & Browns did not show the same restraint, and leaned too far into looks that already look dated, chasing the trends of the time. That’s why the Bucs & Browns both changed back right when they could, and why the Rams likely will, too.

56 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

All the Rams could of did was this below! Here is the link  http://gsehersportsunidesigns.blogspot.com/2013/01/nfl-uniforms.html?m=12KA6QB6.jpg

They don't need the white outlines on gold numbers, there's enough contrast against royal blue, and I'd consider going back to the classic even (or close enough) triple stripe on the pants. But other than that, it's in the right direction, I've always advocated the blue/gold and white/white pairs.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 minutes ago, the admiral said:

They don't need the white outlines on gold numbers, there's enough contrast against royal blue, and I'd consider going back to the classic even (or close enough) triple stripe on the pants. But other than that, it's in the right direction, I've always advocated the blue/gold and white/white pairs.

Yeah, that pair is what I wanted. Something similar to University of Michigan, but with royal blue and yellow-gold.

1 minute ago, Around the Horn said:

My main takeaway from reading the last few pages is that like how squares are rectangles but rectangles aren't squares, footballs jerseys work as streetwear but streetwear doesn't work as football jerseys.

What?!!! Who in the hell said that? Streetwear? NFL jerseys as streetwear? Sounds like gang banging territory to be prefessionally honest. 

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

What?!!! Who in the hell said that? Streetwear? NFL jerseys as streetwear? Sounds like gang banging territory to be prefessionally honest. 

That’s quite the assumption.

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

2000 is about 20 years that a way. Nah, but seriously, its less chasing "streetwear" trends and more people thinking that because they have more financial success than others that their opinions on everything is worth its weight in gold.

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

2000 is about 20 years that a way. Nah, but seriously, its less chasing "streetwear" trends and more people thinking that because they have more financial success than others that their opinions on everything is worth its weight in gold.

Oh, makes sense. Well, I guess some people seek attention.

6 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Well, I like the blue and yellow gold, but the bone uniforms need to be consistent. I guess they added white just to show that bone is an off-white color. Well, no need for that!!! Why not just update the 2000 St. Louis look with royal blue and yellow-gold. The helmets are better now. No more navy lids on royal blue jerseys like 1973-1999 with that inconsistency.

I’ll do ya one better: why not just update the 1999 St. Louis look with royal blue helmets, a yellow alt jersey, and white alt pants. Boom, you’re set. Easily top 5 in the league. But Nike gonna Nike if the team doesn’t talk them out of it, and in this case Kroenke and Demoff evidently encouraged them. 

Archived