Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

57 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-5.19.27-PM.png

Looks a lot cheaper, doesn't it?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I think the thing the Rams and Jags have in common is that it really comes down to the helmet. The two color, two finish helmet really sunk that look for the Jaguars. Likewise, I think the segmented horns are going to be the most likely to turn someone off on the new design. If you don't mind the new horns, the rest of the set isn't that bad. 

I don't mind the new horns, but the rest of the set sucks. Gradients, no gradients, TV numbers but only sometimes, an awful shade of off-white for the roads, head to toe monochrome, the stupid name tag, isn't there a tag on the back of the collar too? And I like streetwear, but using as an influence for your historic football organization is misguided at best and actively malicious at worst. This set isn't supposed to last, they'll get their fans to buy these then go right back to what they should be looking like in 2025. There are exactly two things this set does better than the last one: the colors and the matching-colored helmet. Everything else, from the horns to the pants to the numbers is a downgrade in my opinion.

the user formerly known as cdclt

48 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Are they though?

A lot of the gimmicky features of the '20 Rams set fade at a distance very much unlike the Bucs and '13 Jags. It was impossible to ignore the Jags' helmet and the Bucs' number font. Ditto for the truncated striping (which the Rams set is largely free of apart from the bone jersey).

I think the thing the Rams and Jags have in common is that it really comes down to the helmet. The two color, two finish helmet really sunk that look for the Jaguars. Likewise, I think the segmented horns are going to be the most likely to turn someone off on the new design. If you don't mind the new horns, the rest of the set isn't that bad. 

Yes. I stand by my statement that they are completely overdesigned and lack cohesion just like the '13 jags. Too many elements that have no business being on the same uniform together.

21 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I think the Rams patch and little squiggle stitch looks super cool.

Rams social media staff need to cool it with "fresh" and "clean" and "fire" immediately because they're making themselves (and me) look bad for their design choices.

Props for owning up to the fresh and clean jab. I respect that. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why are we only seeing the mono blue look in the promos? Let me guess, the players think it's "fire" even though all the fans like the blue over yellow look better, as they should,

Yep.  When originally unveiled, the regular uniforms looked they way they should.  But odds are they'll wear monochrome sky-over-sky more than they do the two alternates. 

49802785362_e06a58348b_k.jpg

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

Why are we only seeing the mono blue look in the promos? Let me guess, the players think it's "fire" even though all the fans like the blue over yellow look better, as they should,

Because the blue over blue is designated home uniform #1. The yellow pants are alternates. It's also pretty clear the home uniform was designed to be mono blue from the jump. 

The photoshopped bolts went more over the shoulders and "looped" better, making it so that they took the place of the TV number.  On the real ones, it looks like the TV number is missing because the entire shoulder is bare.

While the stroke on the real ones is an improvement, overall I'll take the photoshop ones.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

One other detail contributing to the slightly off feeling with the new Rams uniforms:

Spacing on the helmet horns. Compare two photos of Cooper Kupp. Same helmet, same player. The new horns are distinctly off the nose bumper and clearly avoid the stress plate. I'm not sure how much of this is deliberate (i.e. avoiding the irregular shape of the shell to keep the stickers from blistering) but I think it's making the horns look smaller and different compared to the old helmet. 

Ee1lSf6VAAAzMeR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

4300.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

38 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

One other detail contributing to the slightly off feeling with the new Rams uniforms:

Spacing on the helmet horns. Compare two photos of Cooper Kupp. Same helmet, same player. The new horns are distinctly off the nose bumper and clearly avoid the stress plate. I'm not sure how much of this is deliberate (i.e. avoiding the irregular shape of the shell to keep the stickers from blistering) but I think it's making the horns look smaller and different compared to the old helmet. 

Ee1lSf6VAAAzMeR?format=jpg&name=4096x409

4300.jpg?width=1200&height=1200&quality=

The old horns are actually just a bit thinner than the new horns. And the new horns are a complete different curve, which is why they now start outside the bumper. 

They redesigned the horn...they didn't just split it and cut off the bottom curl. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

16 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

The old horns are actually just a bit thinner than the new horns. And the new horns are a complete different curve, which is why they now start outside the bumper. 

They redesigned the horn...they didn't just split it and cut off the bottom curl. 

Of course. I'm talking about how the shape of the new horns fit on the helmet itself. The old horns were thinner, but I think they covered a wider arch on the helmet shell. 

Stop posting photos of the old horns so that we're reminded of how much better they were than the current broken-moon mess.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

A couple of the pictures and videos filmed during promo shoots the Chargers did last week also show the lightning bolts on the pants much straighter than the Photoshopped pictures revealed in April which were wavy like the 2007-2019 set.

On 8/5/2020 at 2:59 PM, Gothamite said:

I think the actual Chargers' bolts are better than the photoshops from the unveiling.

Screen-Shot-2020-08-04-at-5.09.54-PM.png

Numbers look thicker too, which is also an improvement.  Still don't like the italics.

Still had room for tv numbers on the shoulders

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

On 8/5/2020 at 6:09 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Because the blue over blue is designated home uniform #1. The yellow pants are alternates. It's also pretty clear the home uniform was designed to be mono blue from the jump. 

Why is wasnt there a seprate threads for the different teams? It makes this thread confusing especially since they share the same color scheme.

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

Archived