Los Angeles NFL Brands Discussion

OnWis97

I'm playing as the Rams in Madden 21 right now and I have them wearing the yellow pants at home and it honestly looks pretty good. The weird reflective numbers also look kinda cool, I think that's one part of the uniform that can only really be judged in game action. Obviously I would have done things different but what they have isn't that bad.

Oh yeah, the Ram head logo is at midfield and it's huge. I hope it's not that big in real life.

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Ben in LA said:

I shared this with the boss over on Twitter; you be the judge.

I figured it would be smaller. Madden messed that up, but it’s not as bad as what they did to Washington who apparently doesnt have a logo or a field design. I’m sure that’ll get fixed.

bSLCtu2.png

The helmet is gorgeous. Bone doesn't look as bad as I thought it would (probably thanks to the blue socks), and honestly mono blue looks great. I'm excited to see blue over yellow, that will almost certainly look even better.

ExJworW.png

The bone color is odd and, in most cases, odd doesn't necessarily equal bad. But this is one of those exceptions. 

My brain reads them as dirty. I'm a guy who tends to wear white undershirts to the point where they disintegrate. And when they get to that point, they're usually a color remarkably similar to these uniforms. It's not a pleasant association.

Alternately, you could read 'bone' as a really light khaki. That, on its own, isn't a bad color. But when placed next to the brightness of the blue and yellow helmets, it stands out as a really odd color choice. 

There's a common thread of criticism on these boards for when a team applies a color to uniforms not otherwise seen in their brand. The Twins home set, with the use of gold, is one such example. It's logical criticism, and the same could be applied here the Rams' use of bone. 

The helmets are fantastic. I've started to notice that the "break" in the new horn is all but unnoticeable when a player is in motion or even seen from a distance, which isn't so crazy I guess, but I feel it may help lessen the blow for many who didn't like the update.

With the jerseys, my thoughts haven't changed too much. The blue set works and the bone set isn't my favorite. The contrast of white with blue and yellow is so much stronger than what this warm grey color gives us. I just wish we could see what a true white away uniform would look like in this set.

spacer.png

Man, that stadium is something else. SoFi and the Cowboys stadium make the rest of the league kind of look like garbage.

CenturyLink is 20 years old now and I'm sure there are going to be calls soon enough to replace it. While I think that would be a mistake, I also look at these new stadiums and wonder how you could not (fully paid for by Allen billions, obviously).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Man, that stadium is something else. SoFi and the Cowboys stadium make the rest of the league kind of look like garbage.

CenturyLink is 20 years old now and I'm sure there are going to be calls soon enough to replace it. While I think that would be a mistake, I also look at these new stadiums and wonder how you could not (fully paid for by Allen billions, obviously).

I don’t think there will be any calls for new stadiums or relocations any time soon as the world recovers from covid. It probably won’t be for another 5-10 years 

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

I don’t think there will be any calls for new stadiums or relocations any time soon as the world recovers from covid. It probably won’t be for another 5-10 years 

I think you'll be surprised how quickly the billionaire class will look to spend other people's money.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Oh, I expect some. Relocation fees are a nice way for billionaires to get a good chunk of change, so I'd be shocked if we didn't see any relocations in the short-term future, especially if there's open markets which an owner with lots of money to throw around wants to put a team in.

29 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

It'd be poetic irony for Spanos to :censored: over San Diego to move the Chargers to LA, then have to come back with his tail between his legs after all this is said and done. It won't happen, most likely, but still.

Spanos doesn't have the money to move back to San Diego. He's in LA for the foreseeable future. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived