2020 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LV

canzman

2 hours ago, hbgoo1975 said:

I have a hunch that seattle is wearing mono white.

Seahawks have already worn mono white once. They have not yet worn white/navy which is their primary away uniform and they only have 3 more road games where they wear white this year so I'm guessing that is what they will wear on the road the rest of the way

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gothedistance said:

The Rams brass said they won't mix the jerseys and pants. That they'll keep the bone with the bone and the blue with the blue. I guess people just can't stick to their words.

They have no cohesive vision for this team's image. They're throwing :censored: at the wall and chasing trends

I'm thinking the Rams organization already realizes that they are on borrowed time with this look. Therefore they seem to be already doubling down on this look, trying to force people to like it in a very early last ditch effort. 

The rams organization seems to be clueless in its branding vision but maybe have enough foresight to realize they need to go to a more traditional look in 4 years (see the Cleveland Browns).

Just my two pennies.

On 11/13/2020 at 9:43 AM, FroznYogurt said:

With the uniform update in 2018...the earliest this could happen is 2023, if I have the rule interpreted correctly.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 11/13/2020 at 7:43 AM, FroznYogurt said:

I do think the logo would need to be cleaned up a little, and the pants would be much improved by matching the pant stripes with the helmet stripes. Make those two tweaks though, and I’m totally on board. The sooner Belly Flop Dolphin is gone, the better.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

21 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

With the uniform update in 2018...the earliest this could happen is 2023, if I have the rule interpreted correctly.

Maybe. But those rules seem to be a bit looser than in the past. It's not like they'd be designing a whole new uniform, just reassigning a secondary look to a primary look.  The Rams did that a few years ago.

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I do think the logo would need to be cleaned up a little, and the pants would be much improved by matching the pant stripes with the helmet stripes. Make those two tweaks though, and I’m totally on board. The sooner Belly Flop Dolphin is gone, the better.

They could do what the Rams did in 2018, Browns and Chargers did in 2019. They barely wear the regular aqua much anyways.

If Miami wanted to go throwbacks, I personally think they should go with the modern colors and white facemask. And the logo updated to be modern with the classic feel. Although my hot take is that i dont mind the current logo. Just my opinion.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

4 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

If they did revert to the throwbacks, I would want them to create a set of aqua pants to wear with white striped socks. I like the look of white over aqua

This is exactly what I've been thinking. It's one of those factors that no one seems to mention or consider. Similar to how everyone wants the Saints to wear Color Rush full time but has no regard for how the black version would look. I don't want to see the Dolphins in plain old white on white all the time like from 2012-2015 if they do go back to this look. That is my biggest concern, but I assume they'd make an aqua pant option hopefully.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

This is exactly what I've been thinking. It's one of those factors that no one seems to mention or consider. Similar to how everyone wants the Saints to wear Color Rush full time but has no regard for how the black version would look. I don't want to see the Dolphins in plain old white on white all the time like from 2012-2015 if they do go back to this look. That is my biggest concern, but I assume they'd make an aqua pant option hopefully.

Is the one they wore against the Lions that one year the black version of the color rush?

51 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

Not sure I trust this sketchy Rams Twitter account with one follower or its generic graphic of the blue over bone announcement. Let's hear it from literally any other somewhat credible source first.

That’s my personal Twitter account. Every Friday, the rams post a game day preview article on their app where they announce stuff like the uniforms they wear. I just took a screenshot of that. The rams app is pretty credible to me.

28 minutes ago, Froob said:

I’d like to see the Dolphins go throwback full back and create an orange version of the throwback in the same shade of the original Dolphins orange jersey.

I like this idea--I wonder how the current Aqua and Throwback (read: redder, darker) Orange would go together, but the one redeeming factor of Miami's current look is the color palette, brighter orange included.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

On 11/13/2020 at 9:45 AM, PaleVermilion81 said:

This entire set is garbage. IMO no combo is good because of the flaws in it. 

I agree, with the aesthetic incoherence of this set, but in reducing the elements of the uniform (helmet/jersey/pants/socks) to their primary colors, Navy/Navy/Columbia Blue/Navy is one of the better looks the Titans have (that and Navy/Columbia/Navy/Columbia). Of all the issues Tennessee has in this set, the navy helmet is actually...pretty good and clean (just make the sword/stripe solid Columbia). Granted, I'd rather have them in a Columbia Blue or White helmet, but the helmet is easily the best part of the look given its cleanliness. (I even think Silver can have a place with the Titans, if done right; there is precedent in franchise history for it.)

If the Titans are going to emphasize Navy, Columbia Blue needs to be right behind it in terms of representation.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Archived