NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

I swear when I was a kid I saw a highlight of the Heat sometime in the 90s and they changed uniforms at halftime. They went from black unis to red unis. They were the away team. I don't know if I am remembering it wrong or not, but that was the first time ever I recall a whole team changing uniforms during a game. 

Does anyone have any recollection of this?

We remember Knicks vs Hawks. 

Also in 2013 we got this: 

markieff-morris-of-the-phoenix-suns-trie

Go A's!

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, phutmasterflex said:

I swear when I was a kid I saw a highlight of the Heat sometime in the 90s and they changed uniforms at halftime. They went from black unis to red unis. They were the away team. I don't know if I am remembering it wrong or not, but that was the first time ever I recall a whole team changing uniforms during a game. 

Does anyone have any recollection of this?

We remember Knicks vs Hawks. 

Also in 2013 we got this: 

markieff-morris-of-the-phoenix-suns-trie

Ah the McDonalds jerseys. Those were great.

18 hours ago, beast3 said:

When the last time a team changed uniforms in the middle of the game?

As a legit attempt to answer your question, the last time I remember a team changing uniforms in the middle of the game was 12/30/07, when the Lakers wore short shorts in an attempt to go "full throwback" during a throwback uniform matchup against the Celtics. At halftime, the Lakers were losing, so the Lakers changed into their regular shorts and played the 2nd half in those.

I know it's not the exact same thing, and it's not exactly changing into a completely different uniform, but it's the closest, most recent situation I can think of.

home team decides what to wear and away team just follows along and chooses a contrasting jersey. so it's mainly the hawks fault here, but it became the thunders problem since obviously the hawks wouldn't bring a second set of unis so the thunder were the ones that had to change lol

i mean unless you constantly remember previous orange/red matchups it doesn't sound too bad on paper so they probably just overlooked it. i think it would have worked if it was the heat though since they're a slightly darker red. 

IMG-7122.gif

23 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

home team decides what to wear and away team just follows along and chooses a contrasting jersey. so it's mainly the hawks fault here, but it became the thunders problem since obviously the hawks wouldn't bring a second set of unis so the thunder were the ones that had to change lol

i mean unless you constantly remember previous orange/red matchups it doesn't sound too bad on paper so they probably just overlooked it. i think it would have worked if it was the heat though since they're a slightly darker red. 

The problem is the NBA decides what the teams wear now, so this is their fault and nobody elses.

bSLCtu2.png

20 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

The problem is the NBA decides what the teams wear now, so this is their fault and nobody elses.

really? i thought it was the teams that choose. cause i know when nike took over they said home team chooses whatever jersey etc etc. why would the nba (not nike?) waste their time choosing what jersey for each team to wear all 82 games? i thought all they did was tell teams "hey go choose whatever jerseys u wanna wear just meet the required amounts"

IMG-7122.gif

1 hour ago, pelicanfan said:

really? i thought it was the teams that choose. cause i know when nike took over they said home team chooses whatever jersey etc etc. why would the nba (not nike?) waste their time choosing what jersey for each team to wear all 82 games? i thought all they did was tell teams "hey go choose whatever jerseys u wanna wear just meet the required amounts"

I think it has changed in the last couple of years. I have read that Nike dictated what both teams would wear for every game when they took over.  Teams probably complained and now the home teams chooses first, then the road makes their pick.

Interesting thing with the Thunder-Hawks jersey debacle is that OKC was listed in their white jersey and Atlanta in red in Locker vision. So, did OKC simply forget what they were supposed to wear or did they make a last minute change and just figured it would be okay?

5 hours ago, M4One said:

I think it has changed in the last couple of years. I have read that Nike dictated what both teams would wear for every game when they took over.  Teams probably complained and now the home teams chooses first, then the road makes their pick.

Interesting thing with the Thunder-Hawks jersey debacle is that OKC was listed in their white jersey and Atlanta in red in Locker vision. So, did OKC simply forget what they were supposed to wear or did they make a last minute change and just figured it would be okay?

That wasn’t the case originally. LockerVision had orange vs red a few days ago spacer.png

9 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

But there is a history of red/orange matchups and it’s not even that long ago. Within the last decade there were 3 or 4 matchups that made the NBA make rules about certain colors not playing against eachother like red/orange, geeen/teal, orange/yellow. I guess those rules went away and we get what happened the other night

4 hours ago, dont care said:

But there is a history of red/orange matchups and it’s not even that long ago. Within the last decade there were 3 or 4 matchups that made the NBA make rules about certain colors not playing against eachother like red/orange, geeen/teal, orange/yellow. I guess those rules went away and we get what happened the other night

I remember in the last few years, we have seen the hornets grey uniforms go up against white and the sixers cream against white as well.spacer.png

There have been plenty of trainwreck matchups. Even before the Nike era. 70 percent of the games I watch are the Celtics and even with that I can confirm white/grey, white/powder blue, green/teal matchups that were awful to watch. Actually based on all that, I’m pretty surprised that this matchup resulted in a halftime uni change and subsequent negative press, given that so many others we just dealt with.

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

There have been plenty of trainwreck matchups. Even before the Nike era. 70 percent of the games I watch are the Celtics and even with that I can confirm white/grey, white/powder blue, green/teal matchups that were awful to watch. Actually based on all that, I’m pretty surprised that this matchup resulted in a halftime uni change and subsequent negative press, given that so many others we just dealt with.

Funny you say this. I just saw a Lance Stephenson post on Twitter where the Hornets were in teal and Boston in green. Looked bad, and I'm surprised it's not a running thing on this site.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 hours ago, Delicate Genius said:

The 2008 All-Star Game was kinda confusing to watch.

Ga7EpVR.jpg

Stupidest idea ever.  Make it gold versus silver or red versus blue. Even white with silver on the back and blue with the gold on the back would be less stupid.

White with silver on the back and yellow with gold on the back might actually work. It would have looked way less confusing--to both the fans and the players (and the refs, scorekeepers and announcers).

16 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Funny you say this. I just saw a Lance Stephenson post on Twitter where the Hornets were in teal and Boston in green. Looked bad, and I'm surprised it's not a running thing on this site.

nccb108-1210-2014-191046-high-jpg.jpg

i actually kinda dig it im a sucker for color v color matchups but guess that's just me 

IMG-7122.gif

49 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

i actually kinda dig it im a sucker for color v color matchups but guess that's just me 

It doesn't look as egregious there as it does on video (in a small window on my phone):

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

10 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

It looks fine to me, too, but I reckon it might be worse than red vs. orange matchup for colorblind fans.

Archived