SportsLogos.Net News

NBA Changes 2020/21

Recommended Posts

47 minutes ago, Froob said:

Eh I don’t know, it’s a weird mash of colors. If they must, this one was much better

 

spacer.png

I was always very anti-navy for the Pistons, but it certainly works better with gray than bright royal blue and red. But I don’t think they should have a primarily gray jersey to begin with; gray should be a tertiary color only, used minimally in alternate logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, lilben777 said:

This.

A billion times over. When I think of celtics I think of gold not black as a secondary color.

Most brodcasting graphics use gold as their secondary color(including 2k)

(Wish I had a screenshot)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/30/2020 at 7:49 PM, Magic Dynasty said:

I still don’t get why they made the Nike/Jordan logo white when there’s no white anywhere else on the jersey.

I think it’s done on purpose. The marlins black jerseys are nearly unreadable and contains no white...except a certain swoosh on the chest. To us-ugly to everyone else-where’s your eye going

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 8:20 AM, projectjohn said:

I was always very anti-navy for the Pistons, but it certainly works better with gray than bright royal blue and red. But I don’t think they should have a primarily gray jersey to begin with; gray should be a tertiary color only, used minimally in alternate logos.

 

Agreed. Never liked the 00s grays that seem well.loved for some reason. Save Grey for baseball roads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/2/2020 at 10:06 AM, lilben777 said:

This.

A billion times over. When I think of celtics I think of gold not black as a secondary color.

 

To be honest as a Celtics fan, I like both just fine.  Liked the KG era black on green alts.  I guess the actual black alts aren't as good bit are tolerable. Better than the awful gray ones. I think gold would be bad too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/21/2020 at 8:51 AM, Digby said:

Didn't realize the Stars also wore that classic swoopy curve 70s-tastic template.

 

Were they really a template? Stars, Pacers, Hawks, any others? Funny how the lettering gets cramped. I really think of.templates as a modern problem and older unis less standardized, but I guess there were always standard concepts if not true templates from manufacturers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My unpopular Celtics opinion is that the gray alts were okay (in the Nike sleeveless era, at least) but the KG-era black-on-green were awful. I've never quite put my finger on why I thought those were so profoundly ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

So do we have any known changes?

  1. Hawks(already did)
  2. Raptors(getting chevron-based look, purple unknown)

Anyone else?

Only 1 person knows for sure but he is "contractually obligated" not to speak until they are released.

 

I thought we knew how many are getting complete overhauls vs small changes vs just new city/statement uniforms.

 

Gotta scroll thru the pages.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Only 1 person knows for sure but he is "contractually obligated" not to speak until they are released.

🙊

How about this? Those two aren't the only "complete changes" of a team's main 3 uniforms.

Also, a reiteration of the official news we know about 2020/21:
- Mavs wearing Green throwback unis
- Grizz wearing first black uni from them coming to Memphis 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

How about this? Those two aren't the only "complete changes" of a team's main 3 uniforms.

 

Please let it be Timberwolves, their uniforms not fitting to their identify, but I'd bet it is gonna be a Mavericks (although they changed statement before current season) or Pelicans (I heard their City/Earned unis are very popular in fanbase).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd bet my house on Spurs fiesta uniforms. The team's social media has regularly referenced fiesta colours in the last 6 months, followed by hundreds of fan comments demanding fiesta uniforms. 

 

Hopefully it's black based. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it too soon for a Suns refresh? Probably so, but their current set is so average, especially given the iconography they have to work with. Here’s hoping they’re one of the 2, but not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was told the Cavs are getting a new black statement jersey for 2020-21 and new white and wine uniforms for 2021-22. (New city edition for this upcoming season as well, of course, although I haven’t heard any details on the concept for that one.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, CitizenTino said:

I was told the Cavs are getting a new black statement jersey for 2020-21 and new white and wine uniforms for 2021-22. (New city edition for this upcoming season as well, of course, although I haven’t heard any details on the concept for that one.)

 

The Cavs are unfortunately an ever changing chameleon. They had in right in 2003. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cavs should rid off black to a favor of navy. Their current City wouldn't be a bad base for new unis if they change wordmarks and font numbers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, kimball said:

 

The Cavs are unfortunately an ever changing chameleon. They had in right in 2003. 

And to think the uniforms aren't the only thing they're changing constantly. Theyre constantly changing their court too. They finally made an ideal court two seasons ago just for them to it change it this season to an all gold border which just looks wrong. Not to mention their alternate city edition court which nearly looks like a pacers court

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2020 at 6:19 PM, pepis21 said:

 

Please let it be Timberwolves, their uniforms not fitting to their identify, but I'd bet it is gonna be a Mavericks (although they changed statement before current season) or Pelicans (I heard their City/Earned unis are very popular in fanbase).

Might be too soon for a Timberwolves main set change. Believe they just changed it 3 seasons ago. (Can also confirm city editions are extremely popular in New Orleans especially when Mardi Gras season comes around) maybe they'll take the stripe idea to the main set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for filling up the comments. But also found a kinda old tweet. Seems like the pelicans are changing their main set but subtly? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.