NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

20 hours ago, truepg said:

Godawful! As a Space Jam fan since childhood, I was looking forward to this movie with an open mind, but this uni design definitely lowered my desire to see it a bit. 90s did 90s better. The new logo was bad too, for that matter, but this is even worse.

It's fine.  I hated it too at first and I've already gotten over it quicker than I've gotten over the NBA Logoman moving from the front to the back of the jersey.

Many of the people who loved Space Jam hate this, but it isn't for them, just like how many kids love Episode I: The Phantom Menace and its two sequels even though fans of the original trilogy cringe at Anakin and his "sand" quote.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, sayahh said:

It's fine.  I hated it too at first and I've already gotten over it quicker than I've gotten over the NBA Logoman moving from the front to the back of the jersey.

Many of the people who loved Space Jam hate this, but it isn't for them, just like how many kids love Episode I: The Phantom Menace and its two sequels even though fans of the original trilogy cringe at Anakin and his "sand" quote.

I see where you're coming from, but they still took it to the extreme with the design where it just looks gross, even while going for a 90s aesthetic.

I would've also liked for this new Space Jam to be as much fan service as it is for the new audience (see: the new SW trilogy), since it was such a cult movie of the time for the 90s' kids that made us fall in love with basketball, and I'm not really aware of Looney Tunes being a thing among kids today.

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Looks like the only logo change from the draft hats is the Raps changing their Global Logo:

ff_3813658-e3461b0fc34d15fec9c4alt1_full

An improvement, imo. If they're not going to embrace purple somehow, at least the red ball looks better than the current gray one.

Not surprised by this subtle change. They use the standalone red ball iteration everywhere, usually on a black background but sometimes on white like my avatar. Their current Twitter avatar is the red on black as well. It was always odd that gray was used for the main logo when it is used so sparingly on the jerseys. I bet it will be gone completely on the revised jerseys as well. 

Typefaces on a uniform are typically pretty consistent right? I will never understand what happened to the Rockets...

2003-2010: Number typeface matches 'Rockets'

ept_sports_nba_experts-789851934-1249930

after 2010: Adidas introduces Revolution 30 uniforms, for some reason the Rockets switch their number typeface to same one the Indiana Pacers were using:

pg-13-gallery.jpg

spacer.png

Fast forward to 2019... Nike... new uniforms... and the Rockets STILL don't change this font. The Pacers don't even use it anymore... WTF

hi-res-a01db8b9b9865efdb25541bc0e5f1fc8_

This just comes across as so lazy, no attention to detail. For the love of god, please change the number to something blockier that matches 'ROCKETS' better. The '3' is such an eyesore.

The 2020 NBA Draft Cap Collection by New Era

August 20, 2020 - 20:17 PM

The NBA’s “On Stage” 2020 Draft cap collection was launched earlier today across the league’s online shops and Fanatics. This year’s New Era 2020 NBA Draft Official On-Stage 9FIFTY Snapback Adjustable Hat collection has a heather grey crown with each team’s name scripted across the front of the cap, below

Read More...

23 minutes ago, kimball said:

This is where I lament about how everything went down hill after 1993 with NBA Draft hats.

512x-2.jpg

Those are pretty much the gold standard. I really liked Miami's black hat with red-orange writing...just looked cool to me.

Amazon.com: 1990-91 Hoops #398 Willie Burton RC Rookie Heat NBA Basketball:  Collectibles & Fine Art

I still have fond memories of the '95 and '96 draft hats too...

Why NBA draft lottery isn't as important for Warriors as you might think -  SFChronicle.com

This is the remix: Re-picking the 1996 NBA Draft

There's been a lot of garbage draft hats since then.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

49 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Is that a new alt logo for the Spurs?

Maybe? But probably not. A lot of these seem to be simplified versions of the logo (Detroit, Utah, Orlando all look simplified).

Excellent!

Archived