NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

I honestly think the Cavs looked the best after Lebron left for the heat, up until he came back. Anytime they focus on just wine and gold is a win for me.

The wolves wont change their set, but I wouldn't mind it. I live in the Twin Cities and I always hear "oh they are okay, miss the retro uniforms".

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

And to think the uniforms aren't the only thing they're changing constantly. Theyre constantly changing their court too. They finally made an ideal court two seasons ago just for them to it change it this season to an all gold border which just looks wrong. Not to mention their alternate city edition court which nearly looks like a pacers court

Haven’t heard anything, but I would have to assume the court is changing again too, because this year’s had the 50th anniversary logo at center court and “Celebrating 50 seasons” along the sideline.

On 8/13/2020 at 11:00 AM, Conrad. said:

How about this? Those two aren't the only "complete changes" of a team's main 3 uniforms.

Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please Miami please

I hope the Nets incorporate more of the street look of the city jersey.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

15 hours ago, Kg54mvp said:

I honestly think the Cavs looked the best after Lebron left for the heat, up until he came back. Anytime they focus on just wine and gold is a win for me.

Totally agree.

As I have stated before, the black should only be used as an accent color. I liked the wine, gold, and navy from the early 2010s.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

22 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

Totally agree.

As I have stated before, the black should only be used as an accent color. I liked the wine, gold, and navy from the early 2010s.

I agree with you about the Cavs looking great in the early 2010s, and I'm going to take what you said a step further... I think they should ditch black altogether (not even use it as an accent color) and maybe even ditch navy altogether.  By the way, I honestly don't even know if navy is still one of their colors, or if they even still have a navy jersey?  It's so hard to keep up these days.

I remember when the Cavs came out with their rebrand in the early 2010s, I thought they looked great with their simple yet vibrant white, wine, and yellow jerseys.  That's a pretty distinctive and strong color scheme.  Their jersey designs back then were a bit plain, but not in a bad way, because the great color scheme gave them some life and sometimes a simpler look can really be the way to go (when done correctly).  I also liked the yellow alternates, as these kept true to the color scheme, and didn't shoehorn in any unnecessary colors.

The subsequent navy jerseys and black jerseys were obvious cash grabs that ruined their distinctive look and turned their jersey set into an ugly and (literally) dark mess.

9 hours ago, panthers_2012 said:

@SCalderwood don't forget, the Cavs had Navy alternates in the 2000s when Lebron was first with the team, of which I am a huge fan (and have one)

They need to bring back the navy jersey as an alternate instead of the black, IMHO.

spacer.png

I liked those jerseys, but I would have preferred if they didn't wear them as much, and kept them truly as special "alternates."  I thought their primary wine and gold jerseys were superior, and stayed true to their primarily wine and gold color scheme.  I feel like at a certain point, they started wearing the navy jerseys much more often than the wine jerseys, and that's when I started getting tired of them as they morphed into "yet another navy team."

But I think we both agree on the black... they shouldn't have a black jersey, and it probably shouldn't even be one of their team colors.

On 8/15/2020 at 7:08 PM, Conrad. said:

andre-drummond-marcus-morris-nba-chicago

I hated those at the time, but looking back they’re superior to what is being used now. That seems to be a common theme of Pistons alternates over the last number of years for me; somehow they keep getting worse every year and I look back to ones they used to have and think “These really weren’t that bad compared to what they have now.” Hopefully some fresh blood in their design department can get the ship turned around. Their traditional home and away are still fine, so all they need is the old red alt and I guess they could do whatever the hell they want for the 4th jersey. And maybe the teal/horse jerseys as a Classic edition.

29 minutes ago, BigRed618 said:

Technically it’s not NBA, but has anyone seen this already?

spacer.png

Oh yeah, I did see the new Tune Squad city jersey drop... Not a fan of the design but pretty funny for the Looney Tunes to include the manufacturer logos.

Could've made an updated road version of the original jersey, but I guess we'll do this instead. Hopefully the movie is big, dumb fun like the first one.

On 8/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, SCalderwood said:

I liked those jerseys, but I would have preferred if they didn't wear them as much, and kept them truly as special "alternates."  I thought their primary wine and gold jerseys were superior, and stayed true to their primarily wine and gold color scheme.  I feel like at a certain point, they started wearing the navy jerseys much more often than the wine jerseys, and that's when I started getting tired of them as they morphed into "yet another navy team."

But I think we both agree on the black... they shouldn't have a black jersey, and it probably shouldn't even be one of their team colors.

Totally agree, except on the black. I think it fits into the color scheme a lot better than navy the way it is used atm.

On 8/18/2020 at 6:58 PM, BigRed618 said:

Technically it’s not NBA, but has anyone seen this already?

spacer.png

Godawful! As a Space Jam fan since childhood, I was looking forward to this movie with an open mind, but this uni design definitely lowered my desire to see it a bit. 90s did 90s better. The new logo was bad too, for that matter, but this is even worse.

A good example of the power of design and branding, and how it affects and inspires people if done the right way. For instance, the Cavs' brilliant rebranding in 2003 created an affection that much stronger with the team for me as 13 y/o kid, even though I would have become a fan of the team anyway with the drafting of LeBron, but still disliked the pervious identity deeply. That's also why I have always been an advocate for "angry and aggressive" logos, since it can set a mood for the players and fans alike. The GSW, for example, are a team with a visually decent identity that is totally uninspiring.

Archived