NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/15/2020 at 11:26 AM, FinsUp1214 said:

This may very well be absolutely nothing at all, but Donovan in throwback Stars gear is at least intriguing...

I hope it at least opens up an internal discussion on honoring the Stars somehow down the road. They’d be great to throwback to; I’ve said it before, but I’m convinced that if the Stars were never in Utah, then the Jazz wouldn’t be here either.

I wish they would have thrown back to the Stars next year since it's the 50th anniversary of their arrival and championship.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 minute ago, kimball said:

I wish they would have thrown back to the Stars next year since it's the 50th anniversary of their arrival and championship.

That’s partly why I got a little excited; I knew the timeline would add up and it struck up a little bit of hope. Definitely a missed opportunity.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

On 7/16/2020 at 11:01 AM, kimball said:

I went to a ABA2000 LA Stars game at Staples and sat almost courtside on the baseline. Tisha Campbell was sitting on the front row.  I liked those uniforms, as well as the Clippers throwbacks.

the Bulls uni (and i guess the Wizards uni?) is the ONLY one where this blatant shoving Jordan Brand down our throats make sense. so unnecessary, especially when it's literally just a swapping out of the manufacturer logo. MAYBE if they would have changed the design to the Statement unis to reflect Jordan somehow, but that doesn't make sense to do, either. booooo

59 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Courtesy of Chicago Bulls Twitter.

As mentioned in the Hawks new uniforms press release, all Statement uniforms will include a Jordan brand patch instead of Nike.

Will post others as they come out.

Please make it stop!

5 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s the Pistons’ gray jersey with the Jumpman logo:

spacer.png

That jersey is bad enough to begin with (gray not really looking right as a primary color on an NBA jersey and the thick shoulder piping not matching their regular home and away), but a Jordan logo on a Pistons jersey? As a long time Pistons fan, I feel nauseous.

If Jordan’s silhouette can grace a Georgetown uniform, it can handle being on a Pistons/Cavs/Jazz/whoever set as well.

Going to ask the corollary- will Charlotte get nike logos on their icon and association sets to conform with the rest of the league, now that Jordan gets a logo on every statement set?

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I liked it when it was only the hornets who wore the Jordan logo. They've always been the "cool" team to me with their color logo and uniform. Then on top of that being the only team with a Jordan logo I just thought that was pretty cool. Sad that that's no more 

IMG-7122.gif

9 minutes ago, pelicanfan said:

I liked it when it was only the hornets who wore the Jordan logo. They've always been the "cool" team to me with their color logo and uniform. Then on top of that being the only team with a Jordan logo I just thought that was pretty cool. Sad that that's no more 

Hah, I actually hated the logo treatment for that reason. The whole reason they brought back "Hornets" was to be that cool team from the 90s again, giving them the unique sub-brand logo felt too consciously like positioning the Hornets as Jordan's Team, which is patently the wrong idea.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

25 minutes ago, Digby said:

Hah, I actually hated the logo treatment for that reason. The whole reason they brought back "Hornets" was to be that cool team from the 90s again, giving them the unique sub-brand logo felt too consciously like positioning the Hornets as Jordan's Team, which is patently the wrong idea.

Yep, there's far too much Jordan and not nearing enough Hornets. The name's there, but aside from the throwbacks, it's so lifeless (fitting for the team, honestly). I want the wacky colored pinstripes and the brighter purple back, not this edgy garbage that just disappoints me.

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 7/21/2020 at 1:26 PM, upperV03 said:

Here’s the Pistons’ gray jersey with the Jumpman logo:

spacer.png

I still don’t get why they made the Nike/Jordan logo white when there’s no white anywhere else on the jersey.

ExJworW.png

On 7/21/2020 at 12:57 PM, Conrad. said:

the Bulls uni (and i guess the Wizards uni?) is the ONLY one where this blatant shoving Jordan Brand down our throats make sense. so unnecessary, especially when it's literally just a swapping out of the manufacturer logo. MAYBE if they would have changed the design to the Statement unis to reflect Jordan somehow, but that doesn't make sense to do, either. booooo

Proving that it's not a "manufacturer logo", it's just advertising space.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived