NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

On 6/1/2020 at 6:42 AM, UnclearInitial said:

Never realized that those Sixers Europe tour jerseys had both a Catalan flag and a Spanish one. The Clippers barber pole was definitely the best, and was an improvement over their generic side panel of the time.

I also liked the Grizzlies Spain uniform (this is one for the “players in the wrong uniform”)

spacer.png

All I see here is a Houston Astros basketball team.

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/3/2020 at 2:35 PM, pepis21 said:

Btw what is wrong with current C's City jersey? IMO is their best St. Patrick theme jersey they ever had. I it them so much.

For me it's that they wear it way more often than needed, and the number font isn't apparently very visible.

What's wrong with the Celtics' city is the typeface, which is ugly, ersatz, difficult to read, and plays up a dumb local stereotype that seems pretty unnecessary for a team that already wears green and has a leprechaun mascot.

2 hours ago, Digby said:

What's wrong with the Celtics' city is the typeface, which is ugly, ersatz, difficult to read, and plays up a dumb local stereotype that seems pretty unnecessary for a team that already wears green and has a leprechaun mascot.

Also the wordmark and numbers have black trim while the stripes don't. It's not bad to me, it's a tad below average, but it's my favorite city set for the C's so far.

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns

4 hours ago, Digby said:

Exactly.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

Which sterotype? Font like that isn't a stereotype is a part of Gaelic culture.

It's the most generic faux Irish Gaelic font imaginable. I've seen that font on every """Irish""" pub from Windsor to Toronto.

18 minutes ago, L10nheart404 said:

I still don't know what was so bad about theseoriginal.jpgf750f6ee16df47bd6a8e108c2699b024.jpg

I quite like them in a vacuum, but I think some knocks on it usually have to do with them stepping into Mavericks territory or being followed by a set that had more character going for it. It’s really not bad in my eyes (I think it’s good), and I would like to see them throwback to it again, but overall it seems the Dallas comparisons and being followed by a much more charismatic and memorable set both have worked against them in retrospect.

EDIT: Also didn’t occur to me that this set and the Pajama Rockets co-existed! 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

^ not to mention that the construction of that WOLVES wordmark is SO AWFUL. The 'W' and 'S' are abhorrent. Fantastic color scheme in a vacuum for sure, but the tree trim (and darker color scheme) is a perfect "Minnesota" aesthetic. Fwiw, the wordmark for the second T-Wolves uniforms is also quite questionable, haha. 

rd_MITCHELLNESS-GYPSYFRANK-0470_1024x102

29 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

^ not to mention that the construction of that WOLVES wordmark is SO AWFUL. The 'W' and 'S' are abhorrent. Fantastic color scheme in a vacuum for sure, but the tree trim (and darker color scheme) is a perfect "Minnesota" aesthetic. Fwiw, the wordmark for the second T-Wolves uniforms is also quite questionable, haha. 

rd_MITCHELLNESS-GYPSYFRANK-0470_1024x102

Admittedly, I'm a homer for this set because I was there for Day 1 of that franchise. Attended the club's inaugural draft party with my late father (they picked Pooh Richardson) and attended a preseason matchup against Kareem, Magic and the Lakers at the Metrodome that first year, as well as a few regular season games. (Their star that year: Tony Campbell, a Lakers castoff.) 

I don't think I'd ever classify these as classics or advocate they return to them. But I wouldn't mind something that updated them or their original logo. It's cheesy, but I do love it so. 

I never loved the darker, tree-trimmed set of the club's only successful era, and it's probably because of the embrace of the full "Timberwolves" name -- which is, in my opinion, too long to stretch across the front of the jersey, particularly with a typeface with so much detail. 

I thought the set after those -- call it the Kevin Love era if you must -- were closer to being good than the Brand X generic design of the current set. I love the current logos, but they're incongruent with the uniforms on which they're displayed. 

I'm two beers into my Friday night, so if none of this makes sense, blame that. 

On 5/14/2020 at 10:05 AM, SportsLogos.Net News said:

NBA Drops Spalding, Wilson Becomes New In-Game Basketball Provider

May 14, 2020 - 14:04 PM

WILSON! WILLLLL-SSSOONNNNNNN! The National Basketball Association today announced that Wilson Sporting Goods Co. will provide the official game ball of the NBA as well as the Women’s National Basketball Association, NBA G-League, and the new Basketball Africa League. The new […]

Read More...

so the ball is in Wilson's court now.

so long and thanks for all the fish.

3 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

I still don't know what was so bad about theseoriginal.jpgf750f6ee16df47bd6a8e108c2699b024.jpg

I love those unis. The most important piece here is the color scheme. They kept drifting away from it. Added it back a couple years back and immediately pulled the green for silver.  No black, just blue / green with silver accents in the logo but not in the uni.  The current jerseys would be greatly improved simply by adopting this color scheme despite the current terrible template

5 hours ago, L10nheart404 said:

The Northwest Athletic Club colors were just terrific, especially the blue uni. 

On 6/5/2020 at 3:16 PM, IceCap said:

Exactly.

It's the most generic faux Irish Gaelic font imaginable. I've seen that font on every """Irish""" pub from Windsor to Toronto.

it’s not even a real Gaelic font! I wish I could find it but there was a blog post a while back from a type designer pointing out all the inaccuracies in the limited letter set we have alone. A design for people who go to the generic Irish pub and order a Bud Light and buffalo tenders.

7 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Would there be city jerseys in a shorter 20-21 season?

Ohhh, yea, chief. Nike isn't gonna miss an opportunity to make money. Everything is designed already and they need to work to recoup lost profits during the last 3 or 4 months (and beyond). I'd imagine the scheduling of wearing the jerseys might change, but that's down to the team / marketing / Nike / NBA, so no way to know that.

7 hours ago, Conrad. said:

they need to work to recoup lost profits during the last 3 or 4 months (and beyond).

[NIKE ADDS FIVE NEW JERSEYS PER TEAM]

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived