NBA Changes 2020/21

SportsLogos.Net News

19 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Their regular away uniform, the red one, is 10 times nicer looking though. 

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love their regular red uniform, too.  In my opinion they are both pretty much equally nice-looking in their own ways, but that's just me.  I'm a big fan of their main three jerseys (the white one, the red one, and the black one), especially compared to the mess their previous uniform set was.

I guess my broader point was that the Hawks black jersey totally makes sense to wear for playoff road games, as opposed to other black jerseys that should never have been worn these playoffs, such as the MLK alt (I don't care about it being a "lucky" jersey - they shouldn't be wearing it in the playoffs), the Knicks black alt, the Sixers black alt, etc.  My praise for the black Hawks uniform was more in comparison to unnecessary black jerseys that we are seeing these playoffs, not in comparison to the beautiful red Hawks jersey.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, SCalderwood said:

Oh, don't get me wrong, I love their regular red uniform, too.  In my opinion they are both pretty much equally nice-looking in their own ways, but that's just me.  I'm a big fan of their main three jerseys (the white one, the red one, and the black one), especially compared to the mess their previous uniform set was.

I guess my broader point was that the Hawks black jersey totally makes sense to wear for playoff road games, as opposed to other black jerseys that should never have been worn these playoffs, such as the MLK alt (I don't care about it being a "lucky" jersey - they shouldn't be wearing it in the playoffs), the Knicks black alt, the Sixers black alt, etc.  My praise for the black Hawks uniform was more in comparison to unnecessary black jerseys that we are seeing these playoffs, not in comparison to the beautiful red Hawks jersey.

Yeah I figured, although I’m not sure I can agree that the black alt is any better then any of the other ones you talked about, at least in terms of being a black jersey. Black appears nowhere else in the Hawks set, and doesn’t need to be. Sure there’s history for it, but without it in the home and away uniform, it doesn’t need a place in the alternate. I’d love to see a yellow alt in its stead.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

what are people's thoughts on the bucks earned? i feel like the standard green jersey (icon) is better with the modern "rainbow" instead of the earned edition's antlers

3 minutes ago, Tru3 said:

what are people's thoughts on the bucks earned? i feel like the standard green jersey (icon) is better with the modern "rainbow" instead of the earned edition's antlers

I think the consensus is the opposite. The antlers are unique and recognizable, and cream outlined in black is better than white outlined in cream.

13 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

I think the consensus is the opposite. The antlers are unique and recognizable, and cream outlined in black is better than white outlined in cream.

that's fair, I guess the curve of the antler reminds me of a lot of the 2000s era piping lines going nowhere. Their jerseys that say bucks usually do look a little better because this font squishes Milwaukee a bit. Legibility points for sure on the earned due to that and the black/cream vs cream/white. 

14 minutes ago, Krudler said:

I think the Hawks main uniforms suffer from Houston Astros disease and have good ideas, but are too bland and could be way better.

Houston Astros disease? That’s the first time I’ve ever heard anyone say anything like that. Also the current Astros are perfect and should never change again, just like the hawks (but will probably hop on the next trend within 5 years)

1 hour ago, Krudler said:

I think the Hawks main uniforms suffer from Houston Astros disease and have good ideas, but are too bland and could be way better.

I think the Hawks should’ve played into the peach color more instead of using yellow. Red and their peach color is way more unique than their current ketchup/mustard look. 

3 hours ago, Krudler said:

I didn't like those uniforms from the moment they were revealed and neither time nor their playoff run have changed my opinion on them. They feel totally wrong for both the franchise's history in Atlanta and their team's current status as a young, fun team on the rise. They would have been better off leaning in a quirkier visual direction like they did in the Nique era and the Smith/Deke/Mookie era.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I like them for the simplicity of the colors, as well as the return to red/yellow. I’m disappointed they didn’t bring back Benguiat, as that was the Hawks’ signature font for over 20 years. The ‘00s uniforms demonstrated that vertically-arched Benguiat looked like dookie, so maybe I shouldn’t be disappointed?

i like their colors i guess, but the actual design itself was a wasted opportunity for using that wing design they had for one of their previous city editions. now the design is like every other jerseys with vertical lines going through the side. 

jeremy-lin-of-the-atlanta-hawks-shoots-t

atlanta-hawks-nike-city-edition-2018

these would have looked dazzling in red and yellow. maybe even keep the same font if they wanted to

IMG-7122.gif

Hmm this could be fun, GTA red jersey? 

(Ignore the dumb tweet and look at the shirts)

If they MUST have black, they should dump the current statement and slide the cities in. The red, blue and black mashup is awful.

11 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

i like their colors i guess, but the actual design itself was a wasted opportunity for using that wing design they had for one of their previous city editions. now the design is like every other jerseys with vertical lines going through the side. 

atlanta-hawks-nike-city-edition-2018

these would have looked dazzling in red and yellow. maybe even keep the same font if they wanted to

#ShamelessPlug

51 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

#ShamelessPlug

I really like what they have now, but this is really, really good too. This would have been an excellent look for them. Great job!

The Hawks are an interesting case for me. I think they’re one of the few teams in sports who can pull off traditional looks just as well as modern looks, and I don’t mind either way. For them, I think it’s just a matter of what looks good (given whatever they’re wearing is red/gold, that is).

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

20 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I didn't like those uniforms from the moment they were revealed and neither time nor their playoff run have changed my opinion on them. They feel totally wrong for both the franchise's history in Atlanta and their team's current status as a young, fun team on the rise. They would have been better off leaning in a quirkier visual direction like they did in the Nique era and the Smith/Deke/Mookie era.

I actually really like the yellow/red set and precisely because I think it's a clever way of blending eras, and it was the opposite of what I expected them to do. They applied the template of the old St. Louis Hawks era -- the only one in which they've won a championship -- to the color scheme of the Dominique Wilkins era. 

But I also get what you're saying when it relates to Atlanta being a young team on the rise. Pulling from the '50s and '60s doesn't exactly fit the moment. It was also out of character with the franchise's history. At least in the '80s and '90s, the Hawks were among the more inventive clubs when it came to their uniforms, breaking new ground instead of treading on old territory. 

That said, every time I see the current set on the court I like it. 

2 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

They applied the template of the old St. Louis Hawks era -- the only one in which they've won a championship -- to the color scheme of the Dominique Wilkins era.

That's part of why I don't like the uniforms. That championship was 63 years ago in a completely different market. It's one thing for them to wear St. Louis-era throwbacks on occasion, but it makes no sense as the basis for their full-time identity in Atlanta. For all intents and purposes, it's like if the Thunder started modeling their uniforms after the 1979 Sonics.

And like I said at the time when they revealed the new set: even if they wanted to go with a more historic look, when most people think of the Hawks' history, they think of Nique, Spud Webb, maybe Mutombo or Steve Smith. Chances are, they've probably never heard of Bob Pettit.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Any possibility Nike could end their dumb rule of forcing teams to change their city edition every year ? We’re at the point where some teams came up with their best stuff and can’t be topped. As a Heat fan, NOTHING will come close to their Vice stuff. A lot of teams couldn’t even get out of the gate with good designs to begin with. 

Archived