Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

The best criticism of the new (last) logo that I've seen is that it's way too clean. The old logo looks like a flag that pirates would actually fly, the new (last) looks like a sterilized version of that.

But either way they should bring back Bucco Bruce

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1046.gif

3670_tampa_bay_buccaneers-primary-2014.p

Old red, way better.  

Old skull and swords, way better.

Old beat-up flag, way better.  

Old silver-less border, way better. 

New football, way better.  

EDIT:  That being said, I now cannot unsee that the actual sword in the top logo is silver while the swords on the flag itself are white.   

12 minutes ago, mafiaman said:

1046.gif

3670_tampa_bay_buccaneers-primary-2014.p

Old red, way better.  

Old skull and swords, way better.

Old beat-up flag, way better.  

Old silver-less border, way better. 

New football, way better.   

I like the current red much better IMO, it's closer to the original.

I don't mind the silver on the swords because it makes since, they just went overboard. Now if they only had a metallic like color on the helmet they could use instead.   🤔

agree on everything else

#DTWD #GoJaguars

6 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The old logo was nice at the time, but looking back, it has a distinct Office 97 ClipArt feel to it. The wordmark from that era doesn't help.

The current logo feels more like a proper sports logo.

Eeeeeh...I'd argue the opposite. The new one feels like a generic "pirate flag"-type logo, while the old logo had charm and character to it. It fit the sort of rough, aggressive nature of pirates pretty well. The new one feels too clean, to me.

30 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

I like the current red much better IMO, it's closer to the original.

I don't mind the silver on the swords because it makes since, they just went overboard. Now if they only had a metallic like color on the helmet they could use instead.   🤔

agree on everything else

I’d also probably eliminate a few of the black marks on the flag on the original version.  They went overboard on that too.

17 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The old logo was nice at the time, but looking back, it has a distinct Office 97 ClipArt feel to it. The wordmark from that era doesn't help.

The handle of the sword on the old logo is especially very ClipArty with that half and half triangle pattern. That pattern screams ClipArt to me.

deK8sJk.png

23 minutes ago, Jojopeligreeno said:

Any word on what time the unveiling will be ?

At the moment all we have a is a date.  Might be possible to see a time get announced today, but my gut says no earlier than noon eastern time.

29 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

The current logo feels more like a proper sports logo.

I more I looked at the two logos side by side, the more I felt this but couldn't really figure out what I felt, and you summed it up perfectly. The old logo has always been one of my favorites, but seeing them side by side, the new one is a great update to modernize it.

Archived