Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

On 12/5/2019 at 11:31 AM, AstroBull21 said:

The writer from the Tampa Bay Times tweeted this out yesterday.  Nice mix of eras while also falling in line with the simplification fad resent ID's have had.

Might be the best red/pewter/orange balance to date.

Nice to see my concept getting some love on Twitter. 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Bucs probably have the worst Nike design of the last 10 years... The alarm clock numbers aren’t tolerable. They need to go ASAP.

Pretty much all the concepts in this thread are better. But I do prefer keeping pewter and the pirate flag over Bucco Bruce. Bruce is a fun throwback but that’s about it.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

17 hours ago, BucsBoy02 said:

Nice to see my concept getting some love on Twitter. 

Not bad. Reemphasize orange as a 3rd color, thus allowing a creamsicle alt.  White or pewter works for the helmet.

I think the creamsicle is a very similar situation to chargers powder blue.

26 minutes ago, unimaniac said:

I only saw the first home uniform before the paywall kicked in, and that is quite honestly one of the worst football uniforms I've ever seen. No orange (again), the stupid bumblebee stripes from Pittsburgh's horrid throwback, and absolutely no connection to team, city, or name history.

the user formerly known as cdclt

9 minutes ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

...absolutely no connection to team, city, or name history.

How so? Their entire identity is thematically linked to pirate folklore, and Tampa holds the worlds largest pirate festival every winter. I’m not sure the white one would be legal as a road jersey, but the dark one seems like a pretty inspired idea for an alternate. Makes a lot more sense for a team that leans on pirate imagery than it does for a team named after legislators or steelworkers.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 minutes ago, BellaSpurs said:

Spain called, they want their flag back

Spain colonized Florida and claimed ownership of it for 250 years.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I think a striped uniform would be cool but not with 2 different colors. I've always toyed around with the idea of having stripes that are of the same color but with enough contrast to tell them apart. Kinda like how the 90s patriots jerseys had. 

7 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

I know stuff like sports uniforms are supposed to be subjective, but honestly how do members of the general public have such awful opinions on this stuff. Stripes? How on earth does this get published?

What’s the harm in letting people be creative? Good ideas can come from anywhere. Isn’t it kind of silly to tell people, “No, I’m sorry. You’re not qualified for this, so your ideas and drawings aren’t welcome here.”

12 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

What’s the harm in letting people be creative? Good ideas can come from anywhere. Isn’t it kind of silly to tell people, “No, I’m sorry. You’re not qualified for this, so your ideas and drawings aren’t welcome here.”

I don’t think it’s a matter of telling people not to be creative, but that a design like the one in the article is just.... well, bad. Stripes like that have NEVER looked good on a football jersey and for a (semi) major news outlet to be posting it like a legitimate proposal just makes them look bad for even considering it. People can be creative all they want, no one is telling them NOT to be, but there has to be some common sense, which this concept totally lacks

56 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Someone posting for fun on message board seeking feedback? Yes, it is silly to tell people that. That is an approach that garners discussion and learning. 

Someone publishing an article for a newspaper telling people "this is the way it should be" who calls themself a designer with a bio that starts with "I make the sports section look cool"? No, it isn't silly at all.

57 minutes ago, jn8 said:

I don’t think it’s a matter of telling people not to be creative, but that a design like the one in the article is just.... well, bad. Stripes like that have NEVER looked good on a football jersey and for a (semi) major news outlet to be posting it like a legitimate proposal just makes them look bad for even considering it. People can be creative all they want, no one is telling them NOT to be, but there has to be some common sense, which this concept totally lacks

1. I understand it’s not realistically executed in its current form, but isn’t that to be expected given that it’s a raw idea from someone who doesn’t do this type of design every day?

2. Again, it’s not going work exactly as it exists on the paper, but the idea behind it isn’t bad. It’s creative, unexpected, and it communicates very well. I’d argue it’s much more inspired than most of the ideas floating around.

3. It’s not being presented as a legitimate proposal. It’s an online news article that basically reads, “Our staff designer saw our Bucs’ ideas and he had a fun one of his own. Here he is to tell you about it.”

13 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Someone posting for fun on message board seeking feedback? Yes, it is silly to tell people that. That is an approach that garners discussion and learning. 

Someone publishing an article for a newspaper telling people "this is the way it should be" who calls themself a designer with a bio that starts with "I make the sports section look cool"? No, it isn't silly at all.

He’s a staff designer at the newspaper. That’s the platform he has available to him, just as this message board is the platform we have available to us.

With all these concepts, which they are mostly awesome and better than what they have and will eventually have, I don’t know why it’s up for debate much anymore. If today’s nfl trends are any indication, they will tweak the red color rush, have an all white (including socks), and an all pewter alt. It will be very underwhelming, but met with numerous fire emojis from 14 year olds who don’t know better and whose parents will shell out for them. I truly believe unless you are like the Steelers or packers, you will be given trendy uniforms designed to get a quick reaction, but have a short shelf life for the next rebrand. I just watched some Alstott video today. 2 observations...1) the creamsicles are bad...especially the white over orange which was worn 90% of the time. It was cool for a nostalgic throwback game once a year and the orange is good as they use it now sparingly. 2) the Super Bowl set needed a few minor tweaks. That uniform was top 5 and has the history for the team.

/fan rant over 

KISSwall09.jpg

Archived