Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

2 hours ago, NFLfan10 said:

I love how these teams will screw up their rebrand but act like it's awesome, and then once they redo it again in 5 years, they basically bash the previous design and talk about how simpler, more traditional uniforms are better. Classic.

I agree.  Then you hear the same old stuff from the team.....we listened to our fans and wanted a more traditional and simple look.    

Makes you wonder who was in charge of the initial re-brands and uniform designs and why they made those decisions when most fans knew they were a failure from the start.   Early 2000's Bills, 49ers, and Lions...more recently the Browns, Jaguars, Titans, Buccaneers.  Jury is still out on the Jets.

The Cardinals are next in line for a needed overhaul.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, imawalkingcorpse said:

The current colors are from being a doormat to the Saints, Panthers and Falcons.

Pewter and Red were introduced in 1997. The first 11 seasons in those colors resulted in 7 playoff appearances, 4 division titles (3 in the NFC South), and 1 Super Bowl Victory. That is a good run, and while the decade since then has been dark, Pewter and Red has seen way more success than Creamsicle Orange has ever seen, and I'm a fan of the Creamsicle.

1 minute ago, Eszcz21 said:

Pewter and Red were introduced in 1997. The first 11 seasons in those colors resulted in 7 playoff appearances, 4 division titles (3 in the NFC South), and 1 Super Bowl Victory. That is a good run, and while the decade since then has been dark, Pewter and Red has seen way more success than Creamsicle Orange has ever seen, and I'm a fan of the Creamsicle.

They had a good 5 year run, but from 03 on it was mediocre to plain rotten.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

13 minutes ago, LMHANSON1194 said:

I agree.  Then you hear the same old stuff from the team.....we listened to our fans and wanted a more traditional and simple look.    

Makes you wonder who was in charge of the initial re-brands and uniform designs and why they made those decisions when most fans knew they were a failure from the start.   Early 2000's Bills, 49ers, and Lions...more recently the Browns, Jaguars, Titans, Buccaneers.  Jury is still out on the Jets.

The Cardinals are next in line for a needed overhaul.

Amen. It's clear the fans weren't clamoring for changes to traditional uniforms to the gaudy pieces of garbage that those teams changed to. Bills fans weren't demanding a generic change to navy blue and cramming every design element possible into their uniforms, and also go monochrome 90% of the time anyway. The Jaguars swung from wildly overdone with the two-tone helmet to too simplistic with their current ones. The only one I like from the late 90s/early 00s was the 49ers.

I'm sure they realize with jersey sales tanking that they're better off going back to an "old faithful" uniform. At least until the next uniform craze generates another round of horrendous uniforms, and then another round of "returning to throwbacks" soon after.

The Cardinals seemingly haven't got the hint from the Vikings and Falcons that uniforms with piping don't belong on the gridiron.

Archived