Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

3 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I've liked the Packers since 1989.  I am a die hard, as I have posted pics of my NFL den and Packers shrine on here before. Enjoy looking up at us, like usual. That's on your GM for not drafting good QBs. I didn't feel the need to use proper grammar when chiming in about you being a hating bears fan, earlier. Grammar Nazi, dork. 

jerkoffhandmotion.gif

Blow the entirety of your fan resume out of your own entitled ass. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See, Greg?  You’ve chosen this.  

Sorry for the bad behavior, but I encounter stupid in the wild and I simply must act.  It’s like Heck Tate hoping Atticus comes out to shoot the rabid dog for him.  

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Well... I'm just glad the rumor I originally found that began this thread in the first place turned out to yield substance. 

That said, as the boards' former foremost Buccaneers fan (obviously im not anymore, but my screenname remains 😁), short of a straight reversion to the second-era uniforms, I say I see no feasible way in which they don't jack this up. At this juncture, I see really only three ways to go with a Buccaneers rebrand: hold onto the red and pewter, revert to an orange- heavy primary (which obviously I wouldn't be opposed to), or attempt part deux of "throw it all at the wall and see what sticks"--which basically is how the current soon-to-be-forner identity came to be, I say.

It's possible for the club to conjure up a whole different direction involving nothing we've seen before, but that doesn't really fit the "respect the past/honor the future" narrative Nike et. al loves to purport. I'll say this, though: there's a LOT of brand elements to play with here; it'll be interesting to see how they tore this u--I mean how this turned out. 😉

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Are these the new uniforms? Seems like the same exact ones worn in the SB era. Not sure if I'm looking at an old page or something.

https://www.buccaneers.com/photos/new-buccaneers-uniform-7134918#ad8af6df-eb37-436b-a82c-8b492aa21cb8

38 minutes ago, Buc said:

Well... I'm just glad the rumor I originally found that began this thread in the first place turned out to yield substance. 

That said, as the boards' former foremost Buccaneers fan (obviously im not anymore, but my screenname remains 😁), short of a straight reversion to the second-era uniforms, I say I see no feasible way in which they don't jack this up. At this juncture, I see really only three ways to go with a Buccaneers rebrand: hold onto the red and pewter, revert to an orange- heavy primary (which obviously I wouldn't be opposed to), or attempt part deux of "throw it all at the wall and see what sticks"--which basically is how the current soon-to-be-forner identity came to be, I say.

It's possible for the club to conjure up a whole different direction involving nothing we've seen before, but that doesn't really fit the "respect the past/honor the future" narrative Nike et. al loves to purport. I'll say this, though: there's a LOT of brand elements to play with here; it'll be interesting to see how they tore this u--I mean how this turned out. 😉

An over abundance of elements must be like seasoning to a Nike rep.  If the lead designer has a hard on to cook a TurDuckEn, merging all eras and elements until some uniform miscarriage is formed, you’d have to look inward.  

They’d only do it if they felt it would sell or make a splash (or both).

Then again, the Browns had practically never changed and Nike managed to screw that up, so who knows.  

twitter

13 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I've liked the Packers since 1989.  I am a die hard, as I have posted pics of my NFL den and Packers shrine on here before. Enjoy looking up at us, like usual. That's on your GM for not drafting good QBs. I didn't feel the need to use proper grammar when chiming in about you being a hating bears fan, earlier. Grammar Nazi, dork. 

Cool. My great aunt owned Packers stock. 

It's a nifty thing to have as a fan I guess, but unironically saying "I'm a Packers owner" unprompted is a pretty silly thing do to. It means essentially nothing. It's basically a fan club. 

Which is cool if that's your thing, but that's all it is. 

1 minute ago, IceCap said:

Cool. My great aunt owned Packers stock. 

It's a nifty thing to have as a fan I guess, but unironically saying "I'm a Packers owner" unprompted is a pretty silly thing do to. It means essentially nothing. It's basically a fan club. 

Which is cool if that's your thing, but that's all it is. 

It’s also isn’t that big of a deal.

5 hours ago, Scrumptious Ham said:

This lasted longer than usual. 

Yeah...

Anyway yes. This isn't the place for Bears/Packers :censored: flinging. So let's move on. 

39 minutes ago, daniel75 said:

It’s also isn’t that big of a deal.

It really isn't, but that's the rub right? It's not worth getting upset over but at the same time? It's kind of not worth bringing into a thread about Bucs uniforms unprompted 😛 

19 hours ago, Fresno St. Alum said:

I'm a Packers owner and I wish that for you, as long as it's not against us. I'd go for you in a Super Bowl too.

The first rule of being a Packers shareholder is we don't talk about being a Packers shareholder unless we're asked. 

BB52Big.jpg

The second rule of being a Packers shareholder is we never act like ass-holes.

One of the rules here at CCSLC is we don't call people names. That's me talking as a moderator. 

BB52Big.jpg

We are going either this year or next year. I hate flying, we're gonna drive and stay at my cousin's in Milwaukee. 

Image may contain: people sitting and indoor

The third rule of being a Packers shareholder is any plan to attend the yearly shareholders meeting never includes the words "staying at my cousin's in Milwaukee." This is the big leagues, son. "NFL owners" don't flop on couches. Spring for a hotel or stay home. 😎

BB52Big.jpg

Archived