Tampa Bay Buccaneers Unveil New Uniforms

tBBP

6 hours ago, CherryMX said:

See, Greg?  You’ve chosen this.  

There's always someone who ruins it for the rest of us. I'm in a Packers shareholders group on Facebook. I promise you that the words "I'm a Packers owner" have never been posted in that group. It's pretty much talking about the team, people buying and selling tickets, and where the best seats are at Lambeau. Honestly, anyone who came in guns a blazin' about being an "owner" would probably get bounced. 

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The first rule of being a Packers shareholder is we don't talk about being a Packers shareholder unless we're asked. 

19 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The second rule of being a Packers shareholder is we never act like ass-holes.

One of the rules here at CCSLC is we don't call people names. That's me talking as a moderator. 

11 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The third rule of being a Packers shareholder is any plan to attend the yearly shareholders meeting never includes the words "staying at my cousin's in Milwaukee." This is the big leagues, son. "NFL owners" don't flop on couches. Spring for a hotel or stay home. 😎

source.gif

Oh hey, you guys hear the Bucs were getting new unis?

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

1 hour ago, IceCap said:

It means essentially nothing. It's basically a fan club. 

That's not entirely true. Shareholders do get to vote on things like stadium renovations, etc. It's basically like owning stock in any other company. Well, except for the part where we never see a return on our "investment." And the part where we aren't allowed to sell our stock. But I do get a big ol' packet of stuff every year that explains what we're voting on and all that. If memory serves, I think the biggest thing I've voted on was a new scoreboard or something. 

BB52Big.jpg

19 minutes ago, bucky_bleichert said:

huh.. who knew aaron rodgers is a fan of bon iver

Aaron Rodgers plays in Wisconsin, Justin Vernon is from Wisconsin, I feel like it's natural they've met before.

(didn't mean to side-track this thread even more, sorry guys)

hm7YvwN.png

OgzK3Ub.png

So, about those Bucs uniforms. It's either going to be a reversion to the Dungy/Gruden era plus more orange or something so hideous that fans will start having nostalgia for the current set.

Because it's the Bucs, they're going to royally screw the pooch on this one. 

Makes me glad to be a Chiefs fan. Sure, our team has a background check for players and coaches that makes Waffle House look like the CIA but we got our uniforms right the first time.

31 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

So, about those Bucs uniforms. It's either going to be a reversion to the Dungy/Gruden era plus more orange or something so hideous that fans will start having nostalgia for the current set.

Makes me glad to be a Chiefs fan. Sure, our team has a background check for players and coaches that makes Waffle House look like the CIA but we got our uniforms right the first time.

The Chiefs are, say, 98% of the way there.  The interlocking KC could benefit from some subtle tweaks, but nothing else.  The rest can be left alone basically for all time.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

It’s kind of cute Packers fans actually bought this schtick and think their “vote” matters about as much as a drum set for Anne Frank.

If you don’t think Mark Murphy and his board actually run things you’re pretty naíve.

They literally have to, it's the law. Holding the vote and then ignoring what the shareholders want is called "defrauding the shareholders" and is an extremely serious crime that has zero consequences because America doesn't prosecute white collar crimes.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1 hour ago, Red Comet said:

I'm not so sure about that... I'm cautiously optimistic. In general, after a team has screwed up their uniforms as bad as the Bucs and Browns did last time around in that over- modern direction, the next try is usually a turn on the opposite way.  I know some on this board think the Jaguars went too far towards the plain, but after that two tone helmet garbage, it really was what they needed to do.  My guess is Tampa and Cleveland are both going to do something similar, and I, for one, will not complain about anything being simple.  Not after the trash these two teams have been wearing for the past few years.

1 hour ago, FormerLurker said:

It matters about as much as a drum set for Anne Frank.

Is this an actual saying?

3 hours ago, infrared41 said:

That's not entirely true. Shareholders do get to vote on things like stadium renovations, etc. It's basically like owning stock in any other company. Well, except for the part where we never see a return on our "investment." And the part where we aren't allowed to sell our stock. But I do get a big ol' packet of stuff every year that explains what we're voting on and all that. If memory serves, I think the biggest thing I've voted on was a new scoreboard or something. 

I hope you voted for the most expensive option available.

2 hours ago, FormerLurker said:

It’s kind of cute Packers fans actually bought this schtick and think their “vote” matters about as much as a drum set for Anne Frank.

The :censored: ?

1 minute ago, Haz_Matt said:

I'd be ok with something like this for the helmet

spacer.png

Eek...no thanks.

I'm not a fan of the satin finish, the large logo, or the shade of orange. The Bucs need to stick to the creamsicle shade of orange, and this to too intense. Also? The Bucs should only ever have a white or pewter helmet, ideally.

1 hour ago, MDGP said:

They literally have to, it's the law. Holding the vote and then ignoring what the shareholders want is called "defrauding the shareholders" and is an extremely serious crime that has zero consequences because America doesn't prosecute white collar crimes.

They don’t actually hold real shares. That’s the whole point.

55 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I'm not so sure about that... I'm cautiously optimistic. In general, after a team has screwed up their uniforms as bad as the Bucs and Browns did last time around in that over- modern direction, the next try is usually a turn on the opposite way.  I know some on this board think the Jaguars went too far towards the plain, but after that two tone helmet garbage, it really was what they needed to do.  My guess is Tampa and Cleveland are both going to do something similar, and I, for one, will not complain about anything being simple.  Not after the trash these two teams have been wearing for the past few years.

Is this an actual saying?

Sure is. You’re welcome for shedding light on it 😉

Archived