Washington NFL Franchise Retires Name and Logo

raz

1 hour ago, FiddySicks said:

Forget the entire season. Ditch the logos in the sleeves and make that your set. How much more unique could you possibly be than to just have a leather texture helmet? They’re also one of the oldest teams in the league, so it would fit. 

This would sort of work for a Redtails identity. The leather helmet look is reminiscent of the aviator helmet/hat. It could definitely be tied in if they went that route.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I don't like that the numbers are gold instead of white with a gold outline to match the jerseys.

See, I think that’s what makes it interesting. Granted, I think it needs one or two *other* interesting things to be great, but this is a pretty nice uniform for a temporary set. The worst thing you can say about it is that it’s the uniform equivalent of 50% grey, but there’s also something oddly distinctive about it, like it’s intentionally boring, with no personality at all, precisely so people won’t get attached to it. 

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

1 minute ago, Old School Fool said:

I think this is the first ever nameless team in NFL history or possibly even the big four US sports?

The eventual Toronto Maple Leafs played an early season as "Toronto," and I guess you could count Card-Pitt if you reached.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 7/22/2020 at 6:28 PM, JLJ said:

Many have responded already, but you quoted me so I’ll be brief:

The feather in that context is 100 percent tied to the racial slur Washington used for their football team name. Also, most Native Americans would rather they weren’t used for mascots or branding, whether it could be deemed respectful or not. This ain’t hard.

You use words like most without any numbers to back it up. I have native American friends who would argue that as incorrect. Some may, and I think for those it is worth changing the name as to not be disrespectful. As far as the father, it is something that is used from decoration up to ceremonial and religious purposes. I would like to see them come up with a completely different design, but I don't think it is terrible if they kept a similar design, even if those changes put something in place of a removed feather. Washington's iconography isn't like Wahoo. It was tastefully done. It is the name that is arguably racist. 

7 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I can't think of another single instance of someone who's bafflingly stupid, to the point where you'd think he has actual poo in his skull instead of a brain, becoming filthy rich and working in Washington.

I can. 
spacer.png

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

23 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Ya know, how amazing (and hilarious) would it be if the Washington Football Team made the playoffs this season?

It would be like a those super generic teams with basic catalog uniforms you see on crappy football simulation games.

Never mind the playoffs.... I want them to win the Super Bowl.

I saw, I came, I left.

So no official documents have been sent out yet... internal site for assets still has coming soon, but based on what we have seen in renders here are the 4 options Washington can wear this season.

Dark
gFIRALW.jpg
x43QdGC.jpg
White
CO5o5pm.jpg
MGpAee8.jpg

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

Because they only match the set when they wear the gold pants.

I don't mind that they don't necessarily match, because they still work well together for me.

36 minutes ago, lost_limey said:

I just want gold pants 

I go back and forth on this. Some days I prefer white pants and others I prefer gold. I think I prefer gold overall, but if you ask me again tomorrow I may have changed my mind.

2 hours ago, canzman said:

So no official documents have been sent out yet... internal site for assets still has coming soon, but based on what we have seen in renders here are the 4 options Washington can wear this season.

Dark
gFIRALW.jpg
x43QdGC.jpg
White
CO5o5pm.jpg
MGpAee8.jpg

I do not understand why they are changing the pant stripes...

16 minutes ago, ltjets21 said:

I do not understand why they are changing the pant stripes...

Possibilities:

1. It's an element they wanted to integrate into the new brand but they clearly didn't have everything finished
  2. Just because it's something to do

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived