NFL 2020

FormerLurker

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

I understand the preference for green facemask, although I don't share it.  But why would you make the collar one color?  That would imbalance the sleeves, and has no precedent in Packers history.

I think the striped collar is too busy for the space it occupies on modern templates, and doesn't look great due to the triangle around the NFL shield. A fully green collar would still provide some color there instead of having it be white (and gold would look awful). I don't think it would imbalance the sleeves, as there is still the gold helmet and pants - in fact, it kind of matches the solid numbers.

ExJworW.png

40 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I think the striped collar is too busy for the space it occupies on modern templates, and doesn't look great due to the triangle around the NFL shield. A fully green collar would still provide some color there instead of having it be white (and gold would look awful). I don't think it would imbalance the sleeves, as there is still the gold helmet and pants - in fact, it kind of matches the solid numbers.

They don't use the Nike template so there's no triangle around the logo.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

32 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

The Packers have any problems with their home jerseys.

usa_today_10340646.0.jpg

Huh, TIL. However, I still think my other point - that it’s too busy for a modern uniform - stands. It looks like a mess from that distance in the picture. A solid color (on the home I’d probably just make it green, as gold would be a bit too bright and white would just look bad) would clean things up significantly.

ExJworW.png

10 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don’t really mind it on the Bills uniforms:

spacer.png

The Bills uniform looks so good.

I think the buffalo is charging in the wrong direction on Josh's hand warmer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

17 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Huh, TIL. However, I still think my other point - that it’s too busy for a modern uniform - stands. It looks like a mess from that distance in the picture. A solid color (on the home I’d probably just make it green, as gold would be a bit too bright and white would just look bad) would clean things up significantly.

I wouldn't mind a green collar (which would have historical echoes to Lombardi's original design), but there's a reason they don't do that.

spacer.png

It's the same reason that teams put little wordmarks under the collar.

17 minutes ago, Sport said:

The only change I'd make to the Packers green jerseys

spacer.png

That reminds me a little of the new Mitchell and Ness jerseys - they've started to make old jerseys in modern cuts.  Here's their Starr:

61wO7gzdFPL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

They also make road versions, with white collars.

7354a_gbp_69bstar_2p3_1.jpg

Which really bugs the :censored: out of me, since the originals had striped collars.  But maybe these give you a glimpse at what the Packers would look like with solid color collars.

9 minutes ago, BenjiJ said:

For the next round of NFL uniform updates, I would like to see new looks for Seattle, Arizona, New England, Carolina and Denver for sure, and possibly Houston. 

Well, New England is getting an update this year. Plus, I doubt we’ll see changes to Carolina, Seattle and Denver. Houston? Eh. It works. I’d just move the red to the primary jersey. But, Arizona for sure needs an update. I’d also include Cincinnati.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

45 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I don’t really mind it on the Bills uniforms:

spacer.png

I wouldn’t mind them doing a dolphins like change to their home and road sets by removing the black outlines of their sleeve stripes and numbers. I think a reason why I like their throwback and red jerseys the most is because there’s no black on them anywhere, makes the other colors stand out more. Also, I think they should go to white facemasks permanently they’ve looked great the 2 times they’ve worn them

5 minutes ago, aaa333bbb said:

I wouldn’t mind them doing a dolphins like change to their home and road sets by removing the black outlines of their sleeve stripes and numbers. I think a reason why I like their throwback and red jerseys the most is because there’s no black on them anywhere, makes the other colors stand out more. Also, I think they should go to white facemasks permanently they’ve looked great the 2 times they’ve worn them

It's navy blue, not black. Was navy blue with the Dolphins, too.

On 4/8/2020 at 11:12 AM, WSU151 said:

I keep thinking the Rams will have the gradient numbers, like what @upperv03 posted within the last two weeks. 

Not for nothing, but a long time ago I did a Chargers concept utilising gradients (how ironic does that seem now?)...

b91c058496457.560be72d7c59e.png

17 hours ago, colortv said:

What a great looking matchup this would be:

594971392.jpeg

josh-freeman-jordan-superfly-tampa-bay-t

Bruh!!! (By the way, Titans... y'all are now on the clock.)

6 hours ago, JayMac said:

There is something so amateurish about a red shell and a red facemask that I can't really put my finger on. Maybe it is that I have seen a good handful of college teams do it.

I might can answer that. This is where a good handle in color theory comes into the equation, too...red is the most eye-catching color, and as such it commands the most amount of focus. As that relates to football helmets, red is fine as a shell, but a red face cage is...its just too much red; it needs something to help break it up. I believe this is why KC's white face cages work so well (as did and would gray).

Sidebar, but in line with color theory...this is one reason why KC's red-on-red look works so well (or at least isn't so garish)...

jpeg

While that is a lot of red, the stripes do help break it up.

And since we're talking about this...It's the same reason the Carolina Panthers' blue-on- blue and black-on-black sets worked well... large blocks of contrasting color help break it up...

19panthers-web1-jumbo.jpg

usatsi_11595824.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

(I shouldn't have liked those blue ones as much as I did, but alas...)

Here's another example, using a team whose had multiple mono-black looks. Peruse and set which appears more attractive vs less so...

2806464_display_image.jpg?1318450994

ddc7778ef689e82c12b5bfc396966e7c.jpg

44a29a5f7d4f94e20e8ab632136b93c0.jpg

usa_today_9593708.jpg

usa_today_11542818.jpg

My point being, too much of one thing without something to break it up just doesn't look good. Obviously the Falcons didn't learn much from that lesson....

(Ok, sorry for the tangent. Y'all carry on. 😁)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

[IMAGE SNIPPED]

How would you guys rank these combos for the Seahawks? 6 is white on grey (kind of hard to see in the sun) and 9 is blue on white (never worn before). Personally, I’ll go with 2, 5, 4, 1, 3, 7, 6, 9, 8 from best to worst.

The Seahawks should only wear #2 and #6. Even though their Uniform was designed to be worn Mono, it just looks really bad for them IMO.

da0Lbhs.png

7 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

How would you guys rank these combos for the Seahawks? 6 is white on grey (kind of hard to see in the sun) and 9 is blue on white (never worn before). Personally, I’ll go with 2, 5, 4, 1, 3, 7, 6, 9, 8 from best to worst.

2, 6, 5, 4, 1, 3, 8, 7, 9 for me. If I had my way the Seahawks would only wear grey pants.

Archived