NFL 2020

FormerLurker

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I don’t really mind it on the Bills uniforms:

spacer.png

My only two complaint is the helmet stripe. I wish it was identical to the pants. I also wish the face mask was white. Do that and it's one of my top in the league.

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Only thing I’d remove is the spear from the stripes (sleeves and pants).

Also, those numbers are larger than standard numbers, right? Or are eyes deceiving me? Whatever the size, I love them. No outline is the way to go.

If they were to totally redesign, I’d like for them to follow University of Minnesota. I know, a professional football team take queues from a collegiate team. Who would’ve thought. Aside from their chrome helmets used from time-to-time, the design has progressed nicely the past few years.

2012-2017

spacer.png

2018-CURRENT

spacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.png

The have some really great options and use a damn near identical color scheme to the Redskins.

I'd take a maroon/yellow/maroon over maroon/gray/gray. The gray set just doesn't do anything for me. Love that the Gophers are relevant for the first time in years tho

12 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

In the day-and-age of college football we’re in, with as many combinations as Minnesota has, they’ve been tastefully versatile. Sans chrome helmet, of course.

The chrome helmet has actually worked pretty well for them. Half of the combos shown in the promo images have never been worn, and imo that uni set looks way better actually on the field

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

All Burgundy and all White are "the two cleanest" looks the Redskins have. That's an awful take. If the Redskins were to change anything it should be the logo at least, put the spear on the helmet and drop the logo out of the identity. Maybe even change the name. The rest of the uniform is fantastic though. 

What about a combination of the ‘60s feather-stripe and the Lombardi “R”? Or turn the spear into the stripe and use the Lombardi “R”. Or make the spear the logo and build everything else around the Joe Gibbs set. There are a lot of ways they could go that would involve losing the stereotypical logo and also looking aesthetically better. 

18 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

What about a combination of the ‘60s feather-stripe and the Lombardi “R”? Or turn the spear into the stripe and use the Lombardi “R”. Or make the spear the logo and build everything else around the Joe Gibbs set. There are a lot of ways they could go that would involve losing the stereotypical logo and also looking aesthetically better. 

They've done that already. Early 60s before the spear on the side of the helmet.

It's where I sit.

Sign me up for the spear helmets and the darker shades of burgundy and gold. Gold pants at home, burgundy on the road, no use for white pants anywhere. 

I never liked the R logo at all and I never liked the dreamcatcher Indian Head logo either, which, unlike the Blackhawks' standalone, front-and-center Indian Head, just looks like a blotch. Much like the Rams, I think the Redskins' identity is tied up in the color scheme more than any logos, which are generally bad -- as much as I love the spear helmets, I would still admit that as a primary logo it's kind of underwhelming. But as long as they read as the Washington Redskins in the wide shot, which is to say traditional block letters and numbers and a color scheme we recognize as theirs alone, I don't think you need logos to do much heavy lifting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

While we’re on the topic... I stumbled upon this Josh Norman gif and realized something... his compression sleeve has accurate stripes

spacer.png

Remove the present jersey stripes, make that an undershirt and apply the stripes to both sides and we’ve got a winner for unique sleeve stripe adaptation

3 hours ago, aaa333bbb said:

This might be a hot take but I think the Seahawks should have the greys be their primary road look. Would be cool/unique I think. Not saying I don’t like their whites, maybe make it an alternate like the Lakers. I think their color scheme matches well with grey more than white 

I agree. That’d be really cool.

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Name aside, Washington’s uniform itself is really good. However, their 2002 anniversary uniform is (in my opinion) one of the best of all time. If they ever changed, I’d want to see at least something resembling this (but really, this exactly without the chest patch):

spacer.png

A cool part about this uniform is on defense, the arrow kinda looks like it’s attacking.

I would say those darker colors on the championship-era template with the two stripes everywhere would be ideal. You wouldn't have the problem of all the conflicting striping patterns because the spear helmet wouldn't have any.

I'm usually against the dark-and-fade, but in this case, I think it's the right thing to do, because that looks like a true burgundy whereas the normal uniforms, more and more, do not.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

37 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

While we’re on the topic... I stumbled upon this Josh Norman gif and realized something... his compression sleeve has accurate stripes

spacer.png

Remove the present jersey stripes, make that an undershirt and apply the stripes to both sides and we’ve got a winner for unique sleeve stripe adaptation

Probably just cut the end off of a sock and used it as a sleeve. Before "performance sleeves" became a normal piece of athletic equipment, that's what a lot of the youth and HS athletes in my hometown did to emulate the Allen Iverson look.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

3 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Name aside, Washington’s uniform itself is really good. However, their 2002 anniversary uniform is (in my opinion) one of the best of all time. If they ever changed, I’d want to see at least something resembling this (but really, this exactly without the chest patch):

spacer.png

it needs the color scheme and the number outlines of the modern jerseys.

The thing with the spears is that it's been appropriated by half the high schools in the country, as well as Florida State, so it might be hard to trademark and prevent counterfeiting.  Kinda like the original ATL Falcons logo.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

or the ones under 1956 in this (can’t seem to find a real photo):

spacer.png

Black and white but nonetheless... (and of course our favorite Rams uniform in non painting form)

spacer.png

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

I would say those darker colors on the championship-era template with the two stripes everywhere would be ideal. You wouldn't have the problem of all the conflicting striping patterns because the spear helmet wouldn't have any.

I'm usually against the dark-and-fade, but in this case, I think it's the right thing to do, because that looks like a true burgundy whereas the normal uniforms, more and more, do not.

That’s definitely where’d I’d go with it. Their Super Bowl twin-stripe would look great with this because the spear is colored up the same way.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived