NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

Just now, simtek34 said:

Guys, guys, guys. The Cardinals are DEFINITELY switching to periwinkle next season. Trust me./s

Oh you didn’t know? Bidwell is selling the team to Mark Zuckerberg, who famously made it know that his favorite color is periwinkle. The purchase will become public next month.

• Like 5

On 5/8/2021 at 1:08 PM, dont care said:

No, they don’t even allow first initial anymore

Still allowed, just not required.  They changed the rule when the Patriots drafted a second Brady.

Teams can have multiple players with the same NOB.  They don’t have to differentiate but can if they like. 

Just now, Gothamite said:

They changed the rule when the Patriots drafted a second Brady.

Is that so?  I don't recall hearing that before.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lukas says the explanation was never made official - I remember it being much more definite.  Or maybe it was just so obvious at the time?

https://www.espn.com/espn/page2/story?page=lukas/081017&sportCat=nfl

There was a big kerfuffle at the very thought that Tom Terrific might have to add an initial to the back of his jersey. And as if by magic, the rules changed so he didn’t have to. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, SportsLogos.Net News said:

Pittsburgh Steelers Will Wear Color Rush Uniforms In 2021

May 13, 2021 - 17:54 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers president Art Rooney II said the team will once again wear its Color Rush uniform this season.

Read More...

Really wonder if they're going to wear the '78 throwbacks, too. They didnt last year for some reason. 

The Steelers have only worn their Color Rush uniforms in Pittsburgh, and this year’s home slate includes games against the Raiders (Sept. 19),  Bengals(Sept. 26), Broncos (Oct. 10), Seahawks(Oct. 17), Bears (Nov. 8), Lions (Nov. 14), Ravens (Dec. 5), Titans (Dec. 19) and Browns (Jan. 3).

…Pittsburgh will likely wear the uniforms against Seattle on Sunday Night Football or Chicago or Cleveland on Monday Night Football.

Seattle will probably wear all-neon green, which will be the worst case scenario (see ARI/SEA 2020). So maybe against the Browns who wear all-white or white/orange?

1 hour ago, aaa333bbb said:

In four seasons at Bowling Green State, tight end Quintin Morris saw action in 40 games and caught 125 passes for 1,529 receiving yards and scored seven touchdowns. Morris earned First-Team All-MAC in 2020.  Quintin Morris. Buffalo Bills Rookie Photoshoots, Highmark Stadium, May 12, 2021. Photo by Sara SchmidleSorry but its still crazy to me how much the white facemasks make the blue pop on the jersey. Really clean look glad they made the switch full time. 

These uniforms are about as close to perfect as you can get now, instantly a contender for top uniform set in the NFL.

• Like 12

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, henburg said:

These uniforms are about as close to perfect as you can get now, instantly a contender for top uniform set in the NFL.

I still say they should drop the navy and clean up some of the striping inconsistencies but it’s a good look overall.

• Like 15

4 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

just counting down the days the Jets can return to their classic look and ditch these Division III looking threads

They better brighten the green then. Say what you want about the current look but at the very least the green isn't that awful drab shade they were wearing before.

• Like 21

6 hours ago, Chromatic said:

They better brighten the green then. Say what you want about the current look but at the very least the green isn't that awful drab shade they were wearing before.

I am all for returning to that look but I agree. I'd rather have this mess of a look with the beautiful shade of green.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, henburg said:

The unnecessary navy trim removes it from the "perfect" discussion.  Too many outlines on the stripes and numbers - they forced the color in where it clearly didn't belong.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The new Jets set is better in every way and I’m prepared to die on that hill

We are definitely in the minority, and while I think the previous uniforms were great, I agree think the Jets set is one of Nike's more successful uniforms. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The new Jets set is better in every way and I’m prepared to die on that hill

If they would've just done a single green pants stripe that extended the entire length of the pants this set would be so much better, too. I'm fine with the pointy arrow/stripe thing on the jersey. The pants it's just weird.

• Like 2

I prefer the Jets new set as well. They're certainly not the best, but the previous felt incredibly boring to me, especially with the bland green color and the blocky shoulder striping. It just feels a bit too old to work for me. The new set, however, especially with the brighter green, feels much more modern and actually does something to evoke the jet mascot. I'm not a huge fan of the triangle stripes, but they're fine as is. I think double stripes that cut off at angles would look much better, saving some semblance of tradition while retaining the motion that the current triangles offer. That, and the black number strokes need to go. 

• Like 4

lBzmcSM.png

Perrin Grubb | Aspiring Designer | NAFA Project ~ NFL Redesigns