NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

50 minutes ago, AndrewMLind said:

I could see the Ravens doing a color-shifting black and purple chrome helmet, mimicking the bird’s iridescent wings. Would solve the Vikings dilemma given the finish of their helmets, too. 

I for one would love to see that...it'd work better for them than the teal-fleck thing did for the Jaguars for sure.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Seriously though, what do you suggest the Ravens do in the event of the team deciding they want a second helmet?

Just not get one. The Ravens don’t need a second helmet. Outside of throwbacks nobody needs a second helmet.

• Like 15

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Just not get one. The Ravens don’t need a second helmet. Outside of throwbacks nobody needs a second helmet.

I never said they need one, but in the event they decide to have one, a purple alt helmet is the best option.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

I never said they need one, but in the event they decide to have one, a purple alt helmet is the best option.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled out an all white “icy” look. Ravens feel like the team to pull a stunt like that and a purple helmet is understandably close to Minnesota. Can’t say I’d hate it anymore then a purple one either.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Seriously though, what do you suggest the Ravens do in the event of the team deciding they want a second helmet?

They should stop, think, and realize that they don’t need a second helmet. Focus that energy on making purple socks and putting stripes on the black pants. 

• Like 13

32 minutes ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if they rolled out an all white “icy” look. Ravens feel like the team to pull a stunt like that and a purple helmet is understandably close to Minnesota. Can’t say I’d hate it anymore then a purple one either.

Didn’t someone post that awhile back?

1 hour ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

Why do they "feel like the team to pull a stunt like that"?  They've basically had the same look their entire history, with the exception of the new purple pants and the failed gold pants experiment.  They're certainly not "traditional", but they're pretty consistent, and seem to be pretty content with their brand.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I don't see why the league which has 5 teams in white helmets, 4 teams in black helmets is fine, but a second team in purple isn't.    Baltimore could use a different shade of purple, just as the 49ers and Saints don't use the same gold, for example.   That said, I'd rather they come up with a less cartoonish bird without the "B" , which  is already used on their pants, then worry about another color.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Why do they "feel like the team to pull a stunt like that"?  They've basically had the same look their entire history, with the exception of the new purple pants and the failed gold pants experiment.  They're certainly not "traditional", but they're pretty consistent, and seem to be pretty content with their brand.

I guess your right, originally I was thinking they were a team that felt like they had more of a social media presence therefore would be more appeasing of those trends, plus just being a younger more modern team they’d be willing to try that. But thinking about it more I’m not sure I can actually say that.
In short, they feel closer to the Rams or Flacons in how they treat their identity rather then the Packers or Bears, or even a team like Houston or Denver.

• Yawn 1

3YCQJRO.png

1 hour ago, Bill0813 said:

I don't see why the league which has 5 teams in white helmets, 4 teams in black helmets is fine, but a second team in purple isn't.    Baltimore could use a different shade of purple, just as the 49ers and Saints don't use the same gold, for example. 

Because purple is much more unique and less frequently seen color in sports, especially the NFL, where the Vikings were the only team in the league who had purple in their color scheme for 40 years.

The Ravens also not only share purple, but also a shade of gold, plus black which is found more in Minnesota’s identity now then ever, even if it’s not a lot. That means even the small distinctions matter more so then just any other team that wears purple. 

• Like 6

3YCQJRO.png

7 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Okay then so it’s simple. Give the Ravens a purple alt helmet and Minnesota a black alt helmet.

Seriously though, what do you suggest the Ravens do in the event of the team deciding they want a second helmet? Purple is the most logical, white is a stretch and no chance in hell they do gold after the fiasco involving gold pants a few years ago. Unless they decide to scrap their color rush and unveiled a grey/anthracite/silver alternate uniform, I don’t see that as an option either.

Saying a team can’t do a certain color helmet because another team shares a similar color scheme is a poor excuse.

A black Vikings helmet would be the worst, but odds are there are a lot of people who would love that 🙄

But the biggest difference is that it’s not your run-of-the-mill navy, white, or black helmet. It’s the only purple helmet in the league. The Ravens wearing a purple helmet would be close to the Vikings. Would they do it? Maybe. But they’ll definitely be talking about how similar to the Vikings they could look if they’re not careful. 

• Like 2

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

8 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

I guess your right,

Usually the case.

8 hours ago, _DietDrPepper_ said:

In short, they feel closer to the Rams or Flacons in how they treat their identity rather then the Packers or Bears, or even a team like Houston or Denver.

I don't see the Rams/Falcons comparison at all.  Houston / Denver is much closer, since they only go with the occasional mono red / mono navy (basically like the Ravens mono black).  If anything I'd put the Ravens ahead of the Texans since the former's mono black uses a color that's very consistent (and important) in their identity, while the Texans red is jarring every time it's worn.  And now Denver mixes in it's throwback logo with the fauxback uniforms some times.  All Baltimore does is bust out purple pants ever now and then.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Okay then so it’s simple. Give the Ravens a purple alt helmet and Minnesota a black alt helmet.

Seriously though, what do you suggest the Ravens do in the event of the team deciding they want a second helmet? Purple is the most logical, white is a stretch and no chance in hell they do gold after the fiasco involving gold pants a few years ago. Unless they decide to scrap their color rush and unveiled a grey/anthracite/silver alternate uniform, I don’t see that as an option either.

Saying a team can’t do a certain color helmet because another team shares a similar color scheme is a poor excuse.

As others have mentioned, there is no reason for the Ravens need to do an alternate helmet. The one-helmet rule started in 2013, so it's not like they never had a chance to introduce one in the past. I don't doubt at least a couple teams are going to come up with an alternate helmet just for the sake of it, but that kind of thinking spells disaster.

If they feel like they need to have one, maybe go white & come up with a fauxback that ties into the Baltimore Colts.

12 hours ago, Bill0813 said:

I don't see why the league which has 5 teams in white helmets, 4 teams in black helmets is fine, but a second team in purple isn't.    Baltimore could use a different shade of purple, just as the 49ers and Saints don't use the same gold, for example.   That said, I'd rather they come up with a less cartoonish bird without the "B" , which  is already used on their pants, then worry about another color.

It's not just the colour of the helmet, it's the overall look. Purple is unique already, plus both teams use shades of gold.

A lot of teams can pull off a white helmet, but if Jacksonville came out with one & paired it with the teal jersey it would look like a Dolphins knock-off. If the WFT decides to switch their shade of gold to metallic & pairs a gold helmet with the red jersey it would be too close to the Niners.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

As others have mentioned, there is no reason for the Ravens need to do an alternate helmet. The one-helmet rule started in 2013, so it's not like they never had a chance to introduce one in the past.

Even though the NFL one-helmet rule was announced in 2013, teams were only allowed another helmet for throwbacks up until that point.  The Seahawks tried the two-regular helmet thing in 2002, but the NFL said nope. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

53 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

As others have mentioned, there is no reason for the Ravens need to do an alternate helmet. The one-helmet rule started in 2013, so it's not like they never had a chance to introduce one in the past. I don't doubt at least a couple teams are going to come up with an alternate helmet just for the sake of it, but that kind of thinking spells disaster.

If they feel like they need to have one, maybe go white & come up with a fauxback that ties into the Baltimore Colts.

I think the key part of the memo was that they either had to be accurate throwback designs (which the Ravens likely can't use because of the lawsuit that forced them to move away from their original logo) or the alternate has to feature a logo already used by the club, so they're pretty restricted in terms of what they could do moving forward.  I guess they could do the shield or front-facing raven if they really wanted to. I'm also sure the franchise currently in Indianapolis would take issue with anything remotely Colts-like. 

59 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Even though the NFL one-helmet rule was announced in 2013, teams were only allowed another helmet for throwbacks up until that point.  The Seahawks tried the two-regular helmet thing in 2002, but the NFL said nope. 

Interesting! I've never heard of this. Are there any articles online that talk about this more?

ClAFLDa.png

42 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I'm not sure I remember this the same way you do.

The Seahawks, if my memory is accurate, never intended to wear two helmets. They released both the navy and silver versions with their uniform unveiling, saying fans would get to pick which one they went with full time. It even says as much in that ESPN link:

One thing that might remain the same is the silver helmets. Though the team altered their logo to give the bird an angrier look, Seattle is giving its fans a chance to choose between a new blue helmet and the silver helmet on the Seahawks website.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not sure I remember this the same way you do.

The Seahawks, if my memory is accurate, never intended to wear two helmets. They released both the navy and silver versions with their uniform unveiling, saying fans would get to pick which one they went with full time. It even says as much in that ESPN link:

You might be right. I remember it as they wanted two helmets but were forced to pick one, so they let the fans vote. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.