NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

I’m guessing the Broncos will drop or change the current color rush unis and go with Orange Crush throwbacks in 2023. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

We have been seemingly talking about the one helmet rule, and when it might be repealed for years.  What a lot of people who were hoping to see it go away said was that it would be awesome to have alternate helmets again, as long as it was exclusive to throwbacks.  I don't know how many times I saw that particular phrase typed... "I'd like to see alternate helmets again, as long as the NFL has a rule that it has to be just for throwbacks."  And what I said was, when the rule finally went away, I didn't believe there was any way it was going to be just throwbacks.  Too many teams who don't want to wear throwbacks, too much money to be made, too much Nike.  When it happened,  alternate helmets would mean alternate helmets.

So... you know... just for the record, I was right.

The NFL played their cards right by waiting. They got fans invested by making them beg rather than give it up right away for nothing. They managed to keep it special.

1 hour ago, JayMac said:

So how many helmets will each NFL team have by 2025? We all know they will not stop at 2.

The NFL is the conservative pro league. I don't see them over saturating like the NBA does

• Like 2

12 hours ago, DNAsports said:

I hope the Vikings do this right and bring back these-

spacer.png

and even though I loathe the purple mask with purple helmet, these would be nice too-

spacer.png

I like the current uniforms, but the Vkings should look like this every game.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

It's not bad. The Rams are bad. This is just boring. There's nothing bad about this set other than it's very basic. It is the Houston Astros of the NFL

It is bad. I don’t know how anyone can look at that and say it’s not. I’m not talking about the set as a whole either. I’m talking about how, for some reason, Lawrence (or whoever told him and Etienne to wear this for the photo shoot), thought the all white below the waist was a good look.

Unless I missed something last season, for as bad as the Rams may look, at least they never wore all bone below the waist in a game.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

So... you know... just for the record, I was right.

considering we’re a full season away from seeing what any teams do, and two full seasons away from seeing if teams unveil new throwbacks, it’s way too soon to say that you’re right (though you probably are). 

I expect some dumb needless alts in 2022, and then fewer of those and more throwbacks in 2023. 

the teams to watch out for are the ones that don’t need to change up their shells for their throwbacks, since they’ll basically have a 3rd helmet option to play with. 

• Like 6

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

10 hours ago, DNAsports said:

This... is BAD

spacer.png

And underrated contender for worst uniform in the league. The Rams have so many stupid elements you can point to, but the Jags just have ... nothing. These are so incredibly boring in every respect that in totality they are utterly awful. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

considering we’re a full season away from seeing what any teams do, and two full seasons away from seeing if teams unveil new throwbacks, it’s way too soon to say that you’re right (though you probably are). 

I expect some dumb needless alts in 2022, and then fewer of those and more throwbacks in 2023. 

the teams to watch out for are the ones that don’t need to change up their shells for their throwbacks, since they’ll basically have a 3rd helmet option to play with. 

I’m assuming you mean a team like that would have free range to do a different colored helmet for the sake of a different colored helmet?

The first team that comes to mind is Miami. They seem pretty solid on having a normal set and a throwback set. For as much love as the throwbacks get, why would they risk an aqua or orange helmet?

Blows my mind the number of "normal" fans that just have no idea what this rule means. Any post on social media about it is just filled with ridiculous comments. People are just like "can't wait! This is going to be 🔥👀" and post a picture of the Dolphins throwback or Browns orange helmet with a white facemask.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Blows my mind the number of "normal" fans that just have no idea what this rule means. Any post on social media about it is just filled with ridiculous comments. People are just like "can't wait! This is going to be 🔥👀" and post a picture of the Dolphins throwback or Browns orange helmet with a white facemask.  

why would it blow your mind? I wouldn’t expect anyone other than us dorks to truly understand it. 

regarding Eagles Kelly green:

“An Eagles spokesman said the team is “excited about the possibilities and is beginning to look into its options, as the policy was just released. Any new developments will be announced at the appropriate time.”

But sources with the team said the NFL deadline for uniform selection for the 2022 season has already passed, and the Eagles submitted their black alternate jersey. Any new helmet the team could wear would have to work with those uniforms, so barring a change from the league, fans won’t get to see the Birds in kelly green until 2023 at the soonest.”

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

It is bad. I don’t know how anyone can look at that and say it’s not. I’m not talking about the set as a whole either. I’m talking about how, for some reason, Lawrence (or whoever told him and Etienne to wear this for the photo shoot), thought the all white below the waist was a good look.

Unless I missed something last season, for as bad as the Rams may look, at least they never wore all bone below the waist in a game.

They did and it looks way worse. spacer.png

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

And underrated contender for worst uniform in the league. The Rams have so many stupid elements you can point to, but the Jags just have ... nothing. These are so incredibly boring in every respect that in totality they are utterly awful. 

I don't think plain equates to ugly.   I'd rather drive a stock Camry (Jags uniform) than this over-designed mess (Rams uniform)

camrylowrider.jpg

• Like 5

11 hours ago, GoHawks said:

This might just be Trevor Lawrence wearing white tights like how Kyler Murray does regardless of what the sock color is for that game.

Don't think so. Look at the Jags over the past couple of seasons. The all white tights/socks is their new norm.

Go A's!

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

why would it blow your mind? I wouldn’t expect anyone other than us dorks to truly understand it.

Yeah we obviously notice more than ordinary fans. But it's like people don't even understand the rule. 

Why post a picture of the 2020 Dolphins or Bills wearing throwbacks and say you're pumped to see this? It's the same damn uniforms and helmets those teams have worn for literally the past like 15 years. It's just common sense.

It's the same idiots who, after the Browns unveiled new uniforms said "lolz what changed literally same uniforms poverty franchise 🤣

2 hours ago, BBTV said:

regarding Eagles Kelly green:

“An Eagles spokesman said the team is “excited about the possibilities and is beginning to look into its options, as the policy was just released. Any new developments will be announced at the appropriate time.”

But sources with the team said the NFL deadline for uniform selection for the 2022 season has already passed, and the Eagles submitted their black alternate jersey. Any new helmet the team could wear would have to work with those uniforms, so barring a change from the league, fans won’t get to see the Birds in kelly green until 2023 at the soonest.”

It will always blow my mind that the Eagles brass are all “we want to bring back the Kelly green throwbacks” and make a fuss out of it, when they could easily change their uniforms to Kelly green if they want. I know they probably won’t because of the Super Bowl win in the current set, but if you want the change just go through with it.

• Like 8