NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

34 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It 100% had to do with the talent on the field. Denver lost 'wearing orange' to some all-time teams:

- Lost XII to Tom Landry's Dallas near-dynasty

- Lost XXII to Joe Gibbs's Washington dynasty

- Lost XXIV to Joe Montana's San Francisco dynasty

- Lost XLVIII to Seattle, should have won back-to-back SBs

I mean, there's a reason WHY the Denver Broncos chose to wear WHITE jerseys as the designated HOME team in Super Bowl 50:
The Orange Crush Curse: Why the Broncos Chose to Wear White in Super Bowl 50 | NFL - YouTube

• Yawn 1

1 minute ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

And it was that decision that lead to them winning. 

Exactly! This proves my point: the Broncos chose to wear white in Super Bowl 50 because they knew that their win-loss record in the Super Bowl in orange prior to SB 50 was & still is 0-4. Yes, I'm aware that the Broncos lost in orange to 3 dynasties (the 1977 Dallas Cowboys, the 1987 Washington (Washington Football Team) & 1989 San Francisco 49ers), but they also WON Super Bowl XXXII in NAVY BLUE against the Green Bay Packers, who won Super Bowl XXXI the year before. That's why I'm a firm believer that the Broncos should switch back to NAVY BLUE as their primary home jersey color.

• LOL 1

14 minutes ago, CATLogo1 said:

I mean, there's a reason WHY the Denver Broncos chose to wear WHITE jerseys as the designated HOME team in Super Bowl 50:
The Orange Crush Curse: Why the Broncos Chose to Wear White in Super Bowl 50 | NFL - YouTube

That's exactly it!

So to clarify, had Denver simply elected to wear white vs that Montana/Rice motherfxcking juggernaut squad, the Broncos would've been the ones winning 55-10. Gotcha. 👍

• Like 9

6uXNWAo.png

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

That's exactly it!

So to clarify, had Denver simply elected to wear white vs that Montana/Rice motherfxcking juggernaut squad, the Broncos would've been the ones winning 55-10. Gotcha. 👍

Nah, they'd have kept it close and lost the game by only four touchdowns.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Cujo said:

That's exactly it!

So to clarify, had Denver elected to wear white vs that Montana/Rice motherfxcking juggernaut squad, the Broncos would've been the ones winning 55-10. Gotcha. 👍

OK. I never said that, but I get your point. It honestly did not matter what jersey color the Denver Broncos wore in Super Bowl XXIV against the San Francisco 49ers; they weren't going to win that day.

• LOL 1

2 minutes ago, CATLogo1 said:

Exactly! This proves my point: the Broncos chose to wear white in Super Bowl 50 because they knew that their win-loss record in the Super Bowl in orange prior to SB 50 was & still is 0-4. Yes, I'm aware that the Broncos lost in orange to 3 dynasties (the 1977 Dallas Cowboys, the 1987 Washington (Washington Football Team) & 1989 San Francisco 49ers), but they also WON Super Bowl XXXII in NAVY BLUE against the Green Bay Packers, who won Super Bowl XXXI the year before. That's why I'm a firm believer that the Broncos should switch back to NAVY BLUE as their primary home jersey color.

spacer.png

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Nah, they'd have kept it close and lost the game by only four touchdowns.

No. The Broncos would've won that game in a freaking rout. That all-time 49ers team, loaded with a dozen or so hall of famers, would've had no chance vs Elway and his innovative shovel pass that day HAD THEY ONLY CHOSEN TO WEAR WHITE!

• Like 12

6uXNWAo.png

Just now, Cujo said:

No. The Broncos would've won that game in a freaking rout. That all-time 49ers team, loaded with a dozen or so hall of famers, would've had no chance vs Elway and his innovative shovel pass that day HAD THEY ONLY CHOSEN TO WEAR WHITE!

OK OK. I get your point. Again, jersey color did not matter that day for the Broncos against the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV.

You see the HOT indicator and think someone saw a new Cardinals jersey at TJ Maxx or something but it's just some bull :censored: about the Elway Broncos.

• Like 27

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 minutes ago, CATLogo1 said:

jersey color did not matter that day for the Broncos against the 49ers in Super Bowl XXIV.

Nor did it vs Dallas.

Nor vs Washington.

Seattle could've been a different story, but then the opening snap happened.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

3 hours ago, Cujo said:

I second this, also keeping the cyberhorse, if Denver were to ever attempt a more traditional look

v3xTZ3N.png

s/o to @colinturner95

I mean, maybe the whole orange jersey curse thing is overblown. I would support this uniform concept should the Denver Broncos choose to go for a more traditional uniform look, except for the orange pants. I'm not a fan of orange pants.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cujo said:

I second this, also keeping the cyberhorse, if Denver were to ever attempt a more traditional look

v3xTZ3N.png

s/o to @colinturner95

I would stick with navy socks for all the uniforms and only have white and navy pants as options. I think they should just use their current color rush as a template and update it with white pants and navy socks and an all navy blue version. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chromatic said:

Haven't the white team won the vast majority of super bowls in recent years? I also think the 'wearing orange' curse is overblown and I'd hate to see Denver drop something that makes them unique over something so paltry.

The Bengals can always adopt orange  as the primary jerseys. We know they’ll never make the Super Bowl, so it’s totally cool!