NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

2 hours ago, Gothamite said:

hand creeps towards like button...

never mind. 😛

In that picture I don't actually mind the monochrome, because it has navy socks that match the helmets. Helps balance it better. (still not saying it's ideal or preferable to white pants with the orange jersey)

• Like 5

There's something very '90s about it. Turner Sports used a similar font for graphics during Braves and NBA games. I agree that they should keep it to remain a product of their time. Always been a fan of their number set, too, very modern and readable.

• Like 8

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Chargers had the issue of non-matching home and road uniforms in 2019, but they fixed it this past season. The Broncos have had this issue since 2012 and refuse to address it, which is another reason why they need to update their uniforms. And now we'll have the Jaguars in teal full-time, but they'll likely still wear white on black for most road games with minimal teal present. I think the only team that pulls this off well is the Giants.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

47 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Broncos have had this issue since 2012 and refuse to address it, which is another reason why they need to update their uniforms. 

Broncos also had a non-matching issue from 1962 to 1996 and yet people love(d) it. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, NFLfan10 said:

The Chargers had the issue of non-matching home and road uniforms in 2019, but they fixed it this past season. The Broncos have had this issue since 2012 and refuse to address it, which is another reason why they need to update their uniforms. And now we'll have the Jaguars in teal full-time, but they'll likely still wear white on black for most road games with minimal teal present. I think the only team that pulls this off well is the Giants.

I don't think it's an issue for Denver. In my opinion, the navy numbers work far better than orange would, particularly with the navy helmet.

• Like 2

fiowXOD.png

I disagree about the Giants. Their color rush uniforms with blue socks would be way superior than their current road unis.

• Like 4

What do you mean by "non-matching"? Broncos home and away is the same design. Jaguars home and away is the same design. Sure the color emphasis is different, but both still use colors from their main color palette and their home & away uniforms still match in my view.

Chargers was a different scenario, as they knew a re-design was in the works going back to powder blue so they promoted their powder blue secondary jersey to primary for a limited amount of time.

Giants have a completely different uniform design for home and away, and that's why they don't match. 

• Like 3

On 3/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, fouhy12 said:

The font Denver uses is great. Whatever they do, they should keep that.

I second this, also keeping the cyberhorse, if Denver were to ever attempt a more traditional look

v3xTZ3N.png

s/o to @colinturner95

• Like 24

6uXNWAo.png

I mean thats exactly what Denver should do. Minimal changes, just un-90s it. The logo is great (clean and modern), the orange and navy is nice, the number font is non-gimmicky and fits the Broncos, they just need to drop the curves and points and go with stripes. That concept is gorgeous. I likely place them in blue pants on the road, but that's just a personal preference. Want to stay away from looking like Auburn, but the blue helmet should help that.

p65A9Ts.png

XEK7sAn.png

58 minutes ago, Cujo said:

I second this, also keeping the cyberhorse, if Denver were to ever attempt a more traditional look

v3xTZ3N.png

s/o to @colinturner95

As a Denver Broncos fan, I support keeping the primary logo & wordmark logo introduced in 1997. However, I also would support a decision by the Broncos to switch their primary home jersey color from orange to navy blue. IMO, orange is a CURSED jersey color, as the Broncos' all-time win-loss record in orange in the Super Bowl is 0-4. In all 4 losses, the Broncos have been cumulatively outscored by a margin of 167-38 (that's a margin of negative-129 points, and no, I'm not making that up). Also, I would not support orange pants. IMO, the Broncos should go back to a navy blue on white look (blue jerseys, white pants).

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, CATLogo1 said:

orange is a CURSED jersey color, as the Broncos' all-time win-loss record in orange in the Super Bowl is 0-4

So those games had NOTHING do to with the talent on the field...

• Like 7

6uXNWAo.png

57 minutes ago, Cujo said:

So those games had NOTHING do to with the talent on the field...

I mean, part of it was the Broncos' talent on the field, but I think all Broncos fans know that we don't have success in the Super Bowl while wearing orange jerseys. I think it's a mixture of both the lack of talent on the field (and poor play vs. the competition) & also the orange jersey color, because no team has ever won a Super Bowl while wearing orange in the big game (the Broncos are the only team to wear orange on Super Sunday).

1 minute ago, CATLogo1 said:

I mean, part of it was the Broncos' talent on the field

It 100% had to do with the talent on the field. Denver lost 'wearing orange' to some all-time teams:

- Lost XII to Tom Landry's Dallas near-dynasty

- Lost XXII to Joe Gibbs's Washington dynasty

- Lost XXIV to Joe Montana's San Francisco dynasty

- Lost XLVIII to Seattle, should have won back-to-back SBs

• Like 9

6uXNWAo.png

26 minutes ago, Cujo said:

It 100% had to do with the talent on the field. Denver lost 'wearing orange' to some all-time teams:

- Lost XII to Tom Landry's Dallas near-dynasty

- Lost XXII to Joe Gibbs's Washington dynasty

- Lost XXIV to Joe Montana's San Francisco dynasty

- Lost XLVIII to Seattle, should have won back-to-back SBs

You neglected one...

spacer.png

LT - proof that cocaine IS a PED.

• Like 1