NFL Changes 2021

simtek34

1 minute ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

I want everyone to remember these images the next time somebody around here starts going "BUT DEY WUN UH CHAMPEEYUNZHIP IN DOZE!!!" to justify keeping a uniform look around...

• Like 11

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I always kind if liked the Patriots weird triple-stripe road socks.  I know they made no sense with the rest of the uniform, but I generally have a high tolerance for strange uniform quirks, and I appreciate that the Patriots stuck with them when everyone else started going leotard.  Sure, they looked odd, but anything... anything is preferable to matching the sock color to the pants color. 

In the following picture, neither team looks good, but the Patriots at least are aware of how an NFL uniform should be worn with respect to contrasting parts;

spacer.png

There was a time when other NFL teams wore socks that didn't match anything else on their uniform, but at that time everyone was aware that the socks shouldn't blend directly into the pants, and solid white socks seemed to be an NFL no no. 

spacer.png

Once again, it's hard to even calculate how much better this looks than the ugly solid leg thing every team is doing now. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I always kind if liked the Patriots weird triple-stripe road socks.  I know they made no sense with the rest of the uniform, but I generally have a high tolerance for strange uniform quirks, and I appreciate that the Patriots stuck with them when everyone else started going leotard.  Sure, they looked odd, but anything... anything is preferable to matching the sock color to the pants color. 

In the following picture, neither team looks good, but the Patriots at least are aware of how an NFL uniform should be worn with respect to contrasting parts;

spacer.png

Could have used any picture for this game but you had to use this one 😑

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

10 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Backtracking on that chrome wall of hell. Why the hell did they make the Jags helmet chrome gold instead of black? Not that it really matters.

I think it’s chrome black, and reflecting the golds and oranges around it. It all looks horrible by the way.

• Like 6

49 minutes ago, AgentColon2 said:

Backtracking on that chrome wall of hell. Why the hell did they make the Jags helmet chrome gold instead of black? Not that it really matters.

All the black helmets look gold and all the navy ones are royal. 
They all look awful though.

• Like 1

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

In the following picture, neither team looks good

spacer.png

I disagree. They both look good, and this is arguably the most defining look of the 2000s vs. the most defining look of the 2010s.

• Like 13

9 hours ago, Ark said:

They both look good, and this is arguably the most defining look of the 2000s vs. the most defining look of the 2010s.

While I think the both look far from good (and the Seahawks, very far from good) I would sadly have to agree that these are among the defining looks from the modern era.

Now I'm just depressed.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

There was a time when other NFL teams wore socks that didn't match anything else on their uniform, but at that time everyone was aware that the socks shouldn't blend directly into the pants, and solid white socks seemed to be an NFL no no. 

spacer.png

Once again, it's hard to even calculate how much better this looks than the ugly solid leg thing every team is doing now. 

You are right. When I was coming up it was kind of an unofficial/unwritten rule that your pants and socks should always contrast. The handful of teams who used a color road pant all had white striped socks they'd pair with them (off the top of my dome those teams were: Dolphins, Bears, Patriots, Oilers, Chargers, Ravens, Cardinals, Bills, Jets, Skins and probably a few others I'm forgetting). Prior to the Great Sock Standard Loosening of the early 2000's the only team I can think of that violated that "rule" was the Bucs with their orange pants and orange socks, which looked stupid as hell and we can all pretty much agree would've looked a lot better with some white striped socks that matched their helmet stripes. Why they didn't do that was a matter of great consternation to young me. 

But now I must say that I'm not as firmly opposed to the leotard look as I once was. Maybe I'm getting soft, but I've gotten use to it and I actually think it looks okay in some cases (a stripe MUST be present on the pants to get my approval.)

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

If they introduce silver pants at home, their uniforms are basically modernized versions of the old set.

It would be a better set in every way, but I will always have nostalgia for those classic uniforms when they were the team to beat.

• Like 11

10 hours ago, Ark said:

If they introduce silver pants at home, their uniforms are basically modernized versions of the old set.

It would be a better set in every way, but I will always have nostalgia for those classic uniforms when they were the team to beat.

This is classic

spacer.png

This is hot garbage

spacer.png

This is a weird middle ground that holds potential, but simultaneously sucks

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

39 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

This is classic

spacer.png

This is hot garbage