2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

19 minutes ago, squamfan said:

are there rumours on next years changes?

The Coyotes are supposedly unveiling a new sweater over the off-season according to season ticket holders. Otherwise the only other change I’ve heard is the fabric change for Adidas and the Adizero system, which might lead to collar changes for most teams? That part might just be wishful thinking, but I definitely remember hearing that the fabric was changing for sure. 

• Like 5

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 hour ago, chcarlson23 said:

The Coyotes are supposedly unveiling a new sweater over the off-season according to season ticket holders. Otherwise the only other change I’ve heard is the fabric change for Adidas and the Adizero system, which might lead to collar changes for most teams? That part might just be wishful thinking, but I definitely remember hearing that the fabric was changing for sure. 

I really hope they fix the collars. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Bunch of little bits of info from Icethetics today, nothing too groundbreaking but some notable Canes and Oilers rumours.

https://www.icethetics.com/jerseywatch-2021

What would that mean for the Hurricanes do you think? They're considering going to their black jerseys full time or promoting the flag logo to full time logo status? With how they've been all over the place with their logos and jerseys, it'll be interesting to see with them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mr. Krabs said:

What would that mean for the Hurricanes do you think? They're considering going to their black jerseys full time or promoting the flag logo to full time logo status? With how they've been all over the place with their logos and jerseys, it'll be interesting to see with them.

Disappointment in my opinion, as they fixed the home and road, and maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but I think their current home and road set is sharp. If nothing else, the striping is bold, and it has a subtle nod to the flags.

I find if I'm flipping channels, and I turn on a Canes game where they're wearing black, for a good 10 seconds or so, I think it's the Senators... before I notice the yoke. 

Here's some level of wishful thinking: the team made note of the fact that grey is the only color that ties Hartford to Raleigh. Could we see "storm grey" or whatever become either the dominant color or get incorporated more into the striping pattern?

Just a thought.

I'd prefer this to simply elevating the current alt.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Chromatic said:

I really hope they fix the collars. 

I actually think this is one of the rare cases where the Adidas collar actually looks better than the previous one. I always loved the Kachinas, but this collar is waaaayyyyy too thick:

spacer.png

17 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

For the record, orange always comes off as more popular than the dynasty jerseys:

a-sea-of-orange-as-fans-cheer-the-edmont

I'm pretty sure that those orange alternates being released coincided with the opening of Rogers Place. I remember hearing that almost every season ticket holder was given a free one, which would explain why it's so prominent. 

• Like 2

With the info from Icethetics, we can start a 2021-22 thread. I've split off some replies from the 2020-21 thread into this one. Maybe keep the Oilers talk in the 2020-21 thread, since it was spurred on by what they'll wear in the playoffs.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

I actually think this is one of the rare cases where the Adidas collar actually looks better than the previous one. I always loved the Kachinas, but this collar 

I was talking about the league as a whole, I hope there's changes to the collar cut for every team saddled with a toilet seat around their neck.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2021 at 7:25 PM, squamfan said:

Prediction 

1) Sens, Rangers,Bruins,Caps,Kings will make there reverse Retros into thirds

2) Oilers will make reverse Retros full time away Jersey, Devils go to full time Green and Read

If the Caps don’t put the RR into the regular rotation somehow someway it will be the biggest jersey crime of the last several years. 

• Like 6

spacer.png

5 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I'm of the opinion that if the Coyotes were to swap black for a tan (sand) color, the uniforms would be hugely improved. It would better capture the colors or look of the southwest.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Hopefully the Sharks will keep their much, much, much better Throwback jerseys around and make a full switch within 2 or 3 years. But after reading the Jersey watch, looks like i'm wrong..

Extremely disappointing. Why keep that crappy stealth jersey around if it's already been shelved for a year and you have not one but TWO better options? Mind boggling. The modernized logo still hasn't grown on me after all these years and neither has the orange trim. They got it right the first time and the late 90s redesign was pretty good for the era, maybe it would look a little dated now, but the Edge jerseys were massive downgrades imo

• Like 3

18 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

We'll finally get to see these beauties in action

Seattle Kraken

Love the jersey, in a vacuum. I'm just hoping they look unique on the ice and not like a pseudo-Jets.

Similar to the VGK going gold, it seems obvious this team will eventually go with the pale seafoam/blue over the dark navy. Wonder if thought was given to going that route.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

Extremely disappointing. Why keep that crappy stealth jersey around if it's already been shelved for a year and you have not one but TWO better options? Mind boggling. The modernized logo still hasn't grown on me after all these years and neither has the orange trim. They got it right the first time and the late 90s redesign was pretty good for the era, maybe it would look a little dated now, but the Edge jerseys were massive downgrades imo

The entire slate of California teams needs to make changes to their primary and/or away unis. While I kinda get the Kings and Sharks standing pat for a moment, the Ducks staying status quo is brutal.

With the Yotes, Flames, and Sens going full retro starting next year, the California teams have the distinction of the worst primary/away sets in the league, along with the Caps, for my money.

• Like 5

This needs to be the Sharks home jersey with a matching road.  The colours, striping and shoulder patches are perfect for that namesake.  Just refresh the primary logo a bit.  Lose some of the outlines, fix the hockey tape and add some teal highlights to the Shark.

JQ0nd10.jpg

• Like 12

11 minutes ago, Morgan33 said:

This needs to be the Sharks home jersey with a matching road.  The colours, striping and shoulder patches are perfect for that namesake.  Just refresh the primary logo a bit.  Lose some of the outlines, fix the hockey tape and add some teal highlights to the Shark.

JQ0nd10.jpg

... So just this jersey with their modern logo?

• Like 3