2021-2022 NHL Jersey Changes

squamfan

7 hours ago, charger77 said:

TLDR (maybe the wrong thread)

Is there a release date for Kraken jerseys?

Thanks!

from the Kraken. Our stores and the @NHL_Shop, operated by Fanatics, will have the exclusive first on-sale beginning 9/15. Other retailers will begin selling on the 9/20!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, NYRFan said:

https://mayorsmanor.com/2021/08/significant-changes-coming-to-la-kings-jerseys-for-2021-22-season/

Just stumbled upon this. Grey is out as an alt jersey in LA.  As we've seen elsewhere, RR jersey will also not be worn this season...

The 90s alts are not mentioned in that article, so they may be gone too despite the team announcing they’d be a “permanent” jersey in the rotation. 

Sounds like RR version 2.0 will be in 22-23. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

My crazy pet idea is that the Kings might be doing a 2000's jersey as a third. So far, it's been the only era they have yet to have a throwback to; they've done multiple purple+gold jerseys and just did a Gretzky-era jersey, so that era's about the only time they have left to throw back to.

And if they're not keeping the grey and neither the RR or 90's throwback design are being made alternates, then that pretty severely limits the options outside of that unless they're actually going to do an 80's throwback in purple and gold on top of the Team Classics release.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

My crazy pet idea is that the Kings might be doing a 2000's jersey as a third. So far, it's been the only era they have yet to have a throwback.

Most jerseys from that era (late 90's to 2010) are better left in the past  actually

5 hours ago, IceCap said:

There might be a reason for that 😉

I disagree. Fix the collar and this bad boy is ready to go.

s-l300.jpg

• Like 9
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

4 hours ago, AFirestormToPurify said:

I own the coat of arms version of that jersey and it looks gorgeous in person. Pictures don't do it justice. On TV it looked muddy, though. Not unlike the Kachina jerseys. It looks a bit dated now

TV cameras in the early 2000's weren't really as good as they are now, though.

55 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

TV cameras in the early 2000's weren't really as good as they are now, though.

That's absolutely true and TVs are also bigger, but the lighting in every rink is still the same and the ice is just as bright ahah. I find most dark jerseys that don't have any white on them generally look great and colorful in person but drab and lifeless on TV. Maybe that's just me, but that's something I noticed

On 8/15/2021 at 9:06 PM, philly97flyer said:

If Reverse Retro was popular enough to merit a version 2.0 in a couple of years, then why aren’t they bringing back the originals this season? Seems dumb

Supply-chain/manufacturing/sourcing issues? 

1 hour ago, NYRFan said:

👀 

They're absolutely right. The original logo was objectively better. They should 100% fix the butt end and blade tape on the hockey stick and bring this one back full time

Hell, even the old shade of teal (both of them actually) were better than the current almost-jade-and-too-dark teal

• Like 3