NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh God, it gets even worse. Now this Buzbee fellow did some “one night of homeless” thing to then go sleep in a luxury hotel the night afterwards.

Great, so now he’s an alleged party to blackmail or fraudulent accusations, a politician and now some covert narcissist wanting to show everyone how great he is by pretending to be meek. :censored: everyone involved in this (unless Deshawn actually didn’t do anything). 

40 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

The point is to try and tank his stock so hard no other team wants him on board, thus denying him from being able to leave.

So then they're stuck with a pissed of QB that would gladly sit out the season regardless of fines he would rack up?

I don't see a winning here.

As far as the allegations, yeah I do think the timing is just a bit too coincidental. I want believe her, since it's always a difficult thing to come foreword about, there's just so many questions regarding the accusations.  

2 minutes ago, AustinFromBoston said:

So then they're stuck with a pissed of QB that would gladly sit out the season regardless of fines he would rack up?

Your first mistake is assuming they want to do anything but inconvenience him, is the thing. They'd rather keep him pissed off and stuck in Houston than trade him anywhere because they want control over him.

57 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Your first mistake is assuming they want to do anything but inconvenience him, is the thing. They'd rather keep him pissed off and stuck in Houston than trade him anywhere because they want control over him.

With logic like that, it's no wonder they are as inept as they are. 

10 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

Less the Texans, and more the lawyer. It will help chase of interest for now, but it's all tossed out by summer someone else will be interested if they don't have the quarterback they want by then. 

No team should offer more than one first round pick for a quarterback, let alone three. 

I think it’s fair, all 3 of those picks could be busts, versus getting someone you know is probably a hall of fame QB still in his prime 

9 hours ago, dont care said:

I think it’s fair, all 3 of those picks could be busts, versus getting someone you know is probably a hall of fame QB still in his prime 

It's a catch-22.  Any team bad enough to have picks high enough to be attractive in the trade probably has nothing around the QB and would need those picks.  His contract would make it hard to sign a lot of talent to go around him, and the lack of 1st-rd picks would make it tough to draft good players.

Jason La Conforna (not certain who that is) apparently wrote (a couple days ago, before all the hand-job scandals came out) that he has sources that say the Eagles were all-in on getting Watson (as if he'd want to waive his no-trade to even come here) and I think it would be an unmitigated disaster.  Not that the Eagles ever use their 1st-rd picks correctly anyway, but I just don't see any way to effectively build around him.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh Jacksonville....what have you done?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31093341/jacksonville-jaguars-coach-urban-meyer-says-nfl-free-agency-system-not-good-business

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Jacksonville Jaguars coach Urban Meyer knew free agency was going to be different from recruiting, but he wasn't really prepared for one of the most glaring discrepancies: signing guys without meeting them.

Teams are allowed to contact the agents of players who will become free agents only during the two-day period before the league year officially begins. Because that's when most of the deals are struck, Meyer was building his team without any contact -- and he hated it.

"Yeah, that was awful," Meyer said Friday morning. "I don't agree with it, but no one asked my opinion. I guess in the old days you could bring them in and meet them, have dinner with them, you find out the football intellect, find out their character. The thing you don't [do], I found out, is call someone who has skin in the game because they're going to not quite -- I don't see honest as a very appropriate [word]. So we did a deep dive. Every guy that we signed, we did. ...

"To answer your question, that was awful, and I don't believe it should be that way. Not when you're making organizational decisions. I'm not sure how that rule came about, but to me that's not good business."

Sure sucks when you have to share power with talent that have financial leverage.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, BBTV said:

It's a catch-22.  Any team bad enough to have picks high enough to be attractive in the trade probably has nothing around the QB and would need those picks.  His contract would make it hard to sign a lot of talent to go around him, and the lack of 1st-rd picks would make it tough to draft good players.

Jason La Conforna (not certain who that is) apparently wrote (a couple days ago, before all the hand-job scandals came out) that he has sources that say the Eagles were all-in on getting Watson (as if he'd want to waive his no-trade to even come here) and I think it would be an unmitigated disaster.  Not that the Eagles ever use their 1st-rd picks correctly anyway, but I just don't see any way to effectively build around him.

NFL Insider for CBS Sports.  Basically their version of Adam Schefter or Ian Rapoport.

21 hours ago, AustinFromBoston said:

As far as the allegations, yeah I do think the timing is just a bit too coincidental. I want believe her, since it's always a difficult thing to come foreword about, there's just so many questions regarding the accusations.  

Them, not her.

But the attorney is up to something.  He claims he's been contacted by Houston Police. This afternoon they tweeted that they have NOT contacted him.

It's where I sit.

As of right now, as someone who has no love or hatred for the Texans or Deshawn Watson, I know that the major players involved look like complete POS. And that is all I know and will know until the final verdict. Watson is innocent until proven guilty by a jury of his peers, after all, just like anyone accused of a crime. Not a jury on social media, or Roger Goodell, Cal McNair or anyone else.

8 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So what's with the Texans signing 100 players in free agency?  They just signed Philip Lindsay

They hope one of them can play QB. Also, Houston has no organizational philosophy beyond pleasing the religious guy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

21 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Them, not her.

But the attorney is up to something.  He claims he's been contacted by Houston Police. This afternoon they tweeted that they have NOT contacted him.

The fact they don't even have complaints from the alleged victims is pretty shady too. And supposedly Watson was using Instagram to set up appointments to get around Covid.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived