NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

57 minutes ago, DEAD! said:

It would be a nice departure from "OMAHA!" 

“DIJON!” “DIJON!”

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Ryan Fitzpatrick signs with Washington Football Team, making it his 9th NFL team.  I think all he needs now is to sign with an NFC North team next year and he'll have played in every division in the NFL.

I think it should be the Vikings... he can also do double duty as the team mascot.

I saw, I came, I left.

3 hours ago, DEAD! said:

I think it should be the Vikings... he can also do double duty as the team mascot.

Maybe the Pigskins decide to go with something like the Greendale Human Being. He could be a mascot that way too.

Damn, Belichick isn't screwing around this offseason. 

It's no secret he was also very high on Henry. 

So Patriots went from practically no one at TE to Jonnu Smith & Hunter Henry 

Not to mention adding Nelson Agholor & Kendrick Bourne at WR. 

Belichick clearly wants to prove last year was fluke. 

Cam also has no excuses this year with guys like these. 

5 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

The team formerly known as the R-Skins would win the free agent championships year after year. Free Agency is for plugging holes, not building rosters as Daniel Snyder has shown us.

Remember when the pre-WFT landed Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and went 8-8? The Eagles won that same title the offseason they signed Jevon Kearse.

The modern NFL has repeatedly shown that if you don't have a QB, you don't have a team. Until someone at the level of Tom Brady, Deshaun Watson, Russell Wilson or, dare I say, Josh Allen changes team, the good teams will have the good QBs.

(So, sorry New England.)

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Remember when the pre-WFT landed Deion Sanders, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed and went 8-8? The Eagles won that same title the offseason they signed Jevon Kearse.

The Eagles went to the Super Bowl the year they signed Jevon Kearse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just now, BBTV said:

The Eagles went to the Super Bowl the year they signed Jevon Kearse.

Oh, right. TO too.

Lost to Brady though, which speaks to my other point. Generally, the best QB wins it all.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It's boom or bust for the Patriots for sure. 

But I don't think we've ever seen Belichick go all out like this before in FA. 

Plus, let's not pretend the Bengals, Jets or Washington are on the same level as him.  

It really falls on Cam now to prove whether he still has anything left or not. 

Last year you could argue was a wash, with no preseason & Cam getting COVID. Plus no QB was going to make that team great. 

It's still a "prove it" deal for Newton, so either he balls out this year, or Patriots move on. 

4 minutes ago, DNAsports said:

Houston gets their “we can do this without Watson” QB

Tyrod Taylor gets a one year deal

Imagine they trade Watson to the Jets for the 2nd pick, Taylor gets hurt again and paved the way for another young QB(Zach Wilson, Max Jones?)

Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield, and Justin Herbert all had their careers kick-started by a Tyrod injury

Archived