NFL Offseason 2021: Ride the QB Carousel of Horror

CS85

4 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The fact they don't even have complaints from the alleged victims is pretty shady too. And supposedly Watson was using Instagram to set up appointments to get around Covid.

Yeah. I'm not going to make any judgment on this one. It's way too early to have determined who is or isn't guilty.

It's where I sit.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

They hope one of them can play QB. Also, Houston has no organizational philosophy beyond pleasing the religious guy.

They signed Tyrod for that backup QB purpose (who I think is going to be default QB) and then his backup is Finlay who came in from the Bengals via a trade.

1 hour ago, GDAWG said:

So did the Texans have like $100 million to spend under the cap?  Because they signed Hardy Nickerson Jr. and Chris Conley today.

I don’t think it should be too hard to sign Disappointment Jr. or a guy who couldn’t crack a roster spot as a wideout on a team that routinely has 3 or 4 wideouts in formation at a time. Conley showed flashes of potential but only flashes. Sort of like Mecole Hardman.

13 lawsuits against Deshaun Watson now. The lawyer may be a scumbag and the Texans may be a mess, but the likelihood of finding 13 Houston-area masseuses who worked on Deshaun Watson and are willing to make false against him accusations is impossibly low.

That he's even gone to 13+ different masseuses is a glaring red flag here.

IUe6Hvh.png

4 hours ago, See Red said:

13 lawsuits against Deshaun Watson now. The lawyer may be a scumbag and the Texans may be a mess, but the likelihood of finding 13 Houston-area masseuses who worked on Deshaun Watson and are willing to make false against him accusations is impossibly low.

That he's even gone to 13+ different masseuses is a glaring red flag here.

Some of them are fr outside of Texas. At least one is from Atlanta.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, dont care said:

Well maybe that’s why there are so many. Trying to get massage and happy ending while on a road trip.

He flew them in, rather than going there. That probably explains why that one lawyer seems to be the point these cases are flocking to. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

13 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

He flew them in, rather than going there. That probably explains why that one lawyer seems to be the point these cases are flocking to. 

Ahh, okay.  Well... that doesn't make this look any better.  Using different masseuses on road trips would actually make sense for going to (insert growing number) of masseuses.

We're now up to 14 lawsuits with 24 accusers.

IUe6Hvh.png

I don't think I've ever read any more graphic depictions than what are on ESPN right now.  I'm really glad I don't have kids reading this stuff that ask what these acts are.  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31113664/summary-lawsuits-deshaun-watson

July 2020 is... something.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You know, with how much information has come in on this case, it’s almost as if every case should be judged on its own merits rather than some blanket “Believe All Women” or “B’s are Gold Diggers”. Believe all anybody in a criminal case is a horrible idea. Like the whole McMartin preschool trial and ‘believe the children’

In short: 

spacer.png

There is nothing new under the Sun.

16 minutes ago, Red Comet said:

You know, with how much information has come in on this case, it’s almost as if every case should be judged on its own merits rather than some blanket “Believe All Women” or “B’s are Gold Diggers”. Believe all anybody in a criminal case is a horrible idea. Like the whole McMartin preschool trial and ‘believe the children’

I have no idea what you're saying here.

DeShaun's accusers seem more and more credible as new information comes forward. What exactly is the issue here?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

29 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I have no idea what you're saying here.

DeShaun's accusers seem more and more credible as new information comes forward. What exactly is the issue here?

It’s less about now and how this progressed. I dismissed the lawyer as a moneyhungry scumbag but even if that may be true, he clearly has a more believable case now. It’s also about in general how letting preconceived notions be how cases should be decided is a terrible idea like in the example I cited and how I didn’t think this was legit at first. Still, best to wait until trial whether it’s civil or criminal. 

Dolphins get #6 overall

Eagles get #12 overall, a 2021-4th, and 2022-1st

Eagles could have 3 1st round picks next year if their Wentz trade results in a 1. 

EDIT: they’re not getting a 4th. They’re doing a 4th for 5th swap, so they basically traded back 6 slots just for a #1 next year, which will probably be near the playoff cutoff (18ish).  Doesn’t sound great to me. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Don't know who the 49ers are targeting, but he better be good.

Miami is Draft Daying out here.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Dang. In the salary cap system that is borderline impossible. Good for them, I guess. 

I’m happy with this Dolphins trade because it removes the team in front of the Bengals who was least likely to go QB and swipe our pick (provided they or anyone else doesn’t swap with the Falcons at 4). The Falcons don’t seem likely to take one of the Bengals targets either so no matter what happens 1-4 they’ll have really good options in the fifth spot, which isn’t always the case. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived