2021-22 NBA Changes

At this point, I’m expecting the Blazers’ jersey to be a black version of the ‘77 jerseys, with the vertical wordmark in ‘92 all caps font, over a red and white vertical sash, complete with the number font from the ‘92 set. Therefore, the jersey would contain elements from each of their three Finals appearances:

1976/77 - vertical wordmark
1989/90 - black uniform w/ red and white sash (rotated)

1991/92 - first season of new proprietary font

• Like 5

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

On 5/23/2021 at 12:20 AM, SSmith48 said:

It doesn't help that their City uniform, for as much as I kind of enjoyed it, looks almost exactly like a stock car/NASCAR scheme.

Photo gallery: Oklahoma City Thunder 2020-21 City Edition jerseys

Which is funny, because Love's has been a sponsor in NASCAR for a long time but their cars don't look anything like that jersey.

McDowell-Wins-D500.jpg

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

15 hours ago, Igor Coelho said:

What a nightmare and, simultaneously, a perfect metaphor for the current state of NBA aesthetics. Not only will we make your team schizophrenic, we'll now combine all of its personalities onto one uniform! Good lord. 

• Like 4

15 hours ago, mgfoxx said:

E2HcIX1XEAMIvHn?format=jpg&name=small
🤔

That Cavs jersey kind of surprises me with how plain and uninspired it is considering the Cavs gave us some GREAT mashups over the years ... 

2a962aa7ec7bce65f012ab20e75f09ac.png

• Like 12

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

54 minutes ago, kimball said:

That Cavs jersey kind of surprises me with how plain and uninspired it is considering the Cavs gave us some GREAT mashups over the years ... 

2a962aa7ec7bce65f012ab20e75f09ac.png

I forgot how great the shade of blue looked on those Cavfanatic uniforms on the left. It goes great with the yellow. Is it the same pastel royal blue as the Broncos' old helmets? 

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

What a nightmare and, simultaneously, a perfect metaphor for the current state of NBA aesthetics. Not only will we make your team schizophrenic, we'll now combine all of its personalities onto one uniform! Good lord. 

Didnt we already do “Time Warp Mash-Up” with the Cavs ten years ago? 😊

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 4

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

58 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Didnt we already do “Time Warp Mash-Up” with the Cavs ten years ago? 😊

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Well, at least those are rather tastefully done and spread out two eras at a time. Miami’s is ridiculously too much.

To the OP’s point, I agree that Miami’s set on its own is a sort of funny, accidental microcosm of the larger branding problem most NBA teams have in general now; you don’t really have a brand when you’re juggling multiple identities at the same time, no matter how much cash it’s raking in. The Heat just so happened to illustrate that problem on one singular uniform instead of 3-4. 

• Like 7

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Well, at least those are rather tastefully done and spread out two eras at a time. Miami’s is ridiculously too much.

To the OP’s point, I agree that Miami’s set on its own is a sort of funny, accidental microcosm of the larger branding problem most NBA teams have in general now; you don’t really have a brand when you’re juggling multiple identities at the same time, no matter how much cash it’s raking in. The Heat just so happened to illustrate that problem on one singular uniform instead of 3-4. 

I'd like to see a Miami fan show up to one of the games with a sign that says "Nike, please stop" using letters from Miami's various uniforms -- like a ransom note. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

nevermind I thought there might be a change for the Clippers, but jerseys on sale could've been due to past sponsor change. 

I feel like there won’t be too many rebrands next season with the focus being on the 75th anniversary weird city edition. Expecting (and dreading) at least 15 games in those for each team.