2021-22 NBA Changes

On 7/5/2021 at 2:28 AM, Old School Fool said:

Here's a better look at the NBA 75th Anniversary logo.

E5PL7MwXIAgqkJB?format=jpg&name=small

Wait, are Kareem, Dirk and Durant the cover athletes? Kareem would be interesting, wonder if that would indicate a renewed focus on older classic players and/or teams (actual classic teams, not the f***ing 07-08 Nuggets or 13-14 Pacers). I don't really do 2K or video games at all anymore but I might make an exception for more Bird teams, more Magic/Kareem Laker teams, Barkley, Reggie Miller, etc.

• Like 3

I actually kinda like that.  Nice way to use the extra space created by Jerry West's lean, and I like how they worked the ball seams in.  

The only thing is that the horizontal white line should be under his arm pit too.  It would obviously make the arm look bad, but it kinda sticks out to me that it's not there.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Kinda bugs me that the Cleveland All Star game isn't in 2023, the year in which LeBron will most likely tie Kareem for most All Star appearances. Since he wore 23 with the Cavs and tying that record in Cleveland, just seems like a missed opportunity.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, BBTV said:

I actually kinda like that.  Nice way to use the extra space created by Jerry West's lean, and I like how they worked the ball seams in.  

The only thing is that the horizontal white line should be under his arm pit too.  It would obviously make the arm look bad, but it kinda sticks out to me that it's not there.

I get what you're saying, but adding that white line under his armpit, while perhaps satisfying a completist's urge, would make the logo considerably worse.  Personally, I'm not missing it -- I think the logo manages to convey a continuation of that line even without that extra detail. 

If anything, I'd rather they had left a little space between that horizontal line and the Jerry West silhouette like they did on either side of the "75." That might have made the absence of the line under the armpit less noticeable. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Ark said:

The NBA's 75th anniversary logo is very reminiscent of the NFL's 75th anniversary logo, which I like a lot.

WQKZjdK.jpg

34fb50789e79ebb8431bb956e88362d0.png

So is the 49ers 75th logo. Diamonds are synonymous with 75 for whatever reason.

• Like 1

pretty cool. idk what i was expecting i kinda thought they'd do something involving the color gold or cursive. but that's probably me just thinking of the old nba finals logos

also if anyone has a full transparent background png image of it please post or send i could use it for some concepts i'm working on

49 minutes ago, McCall said:

Is the trim around the armholes going all the way around again and not being cutoff? Did I miss something?

That’s on all of Nike’s consumer jerseys. The trim is likely not changing unless a template changes.

• Like 1