2021-22 NBA Changes

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I can't give you OKC. The logo is soooo ... clip arty. I like the colors, but that's the only thing they go going for them. Basing something off their Statement Jerseys over the past couple of years would be a good direction. 

nb-200223_eischen_sas_00346.jpg

oklahoma-city-thunder-v-new-orleans-peli

They're a victim of their success in this regard. They got locked into that logo and these colors. I never thought these bright colors were great for a team called the Thunder (something you associate with dark skies and dark clouds). They need a new logo

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

same thing for my Pistons...i wish some version of this Pistons GT logo was an alt logo for the irl team

Pistons_GT_logo.0.png

Something like this could definitely make sense considering the Bad Boys era imagery. Anything would be better than the lame secondary DP logo...

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

The Thunder really just took the old Warriors lightning identity and threw some sky blue in it.

efe615c4-0001-0004-0000-000000692176_w94

oct-2001-gilbert-arenas-of-the-golden-st

They didn’t just take it, they somehow made it worse. Replace the word Warriors with Thunder on that uniform and it would instantly become the best OKC uniform ever, by a landslide.

• Like 6

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 hours ago, Ark said:

This would look great paired with the New Jersey Nets' net side panels.

The net side pattern was a unique and distinctive detail for the Nets the addition of which would make their current uniforms already decent. They should've kept it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Conrad. said:

same thing for my Pistons...i wish some version of this Pistons GT logo was an alt logo for the irl team

Pistons_GT_logo.0.png

As a secondary logo, absolutely. Please don’t touch the primary logo, though. One of the few (maybe the only) branding/design decisions they got right during the 2010s.

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

As a secondary logo, absolutely. Please don’t touch the primary logo, though. One of the few (maybe the only) branding/design decisions they got right during the 2010s.

Agreed. Their primary is very nice now (aside from the TERRIBLY crafted letterforms, but that's another discussion) and will certainly be around for a long time.

They either need a skull/piston alternate logo or maybe a new interpretation of the horse/ball logo from the '90s.  Something with some character and creativity to it. The DP ain't it.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

Agreed. Their primary is very nice now (aside from the TERRIBLY crafted letterforms, but that's another discussion) and will certainly be around for a long time.

They either need a skull/piston alternate logo or maybe a new interpretation of the horse/ball logo from the '90s.  Something with some character and creativity to it. The DP ain't it.

I'm pretty used to the font as it's been used since 1996 (wow 25 years!), but I can definitely see how it would cause consternation to a design professional. With that longevity, it's probably not going away though. I am somewhat optimistic with the #1 pick coming in and how the team seems to be much better managed since the turn of the decade that some good stuff might finally be happening with the alternates in the coming years.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, O.C.D said:

They're a victim of their success in this regard. They got locked into that logo and these colors. I never thought these bright colors were great for a team called the Thunder (something you associate with dark skies and dark clouds). They need a new logo

All of the people that mattered have left now, so they may as well change.

• Like 6

On 7/17/2021 at 1:20 AM, _DietDrPepper_ said:

They didn’t just take it, they somehow made it worse. Replace the word Warriors with Thunder on that uniform and it would instantly become the best OKC uniform ever, by a landslide.

They made it even worse a couple years ago with this subtle change …

okc-thunder-new-uniform-compare-590x703.

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

21 hours ago, Froob said:

I gotta believe NBA can’t botch 75 worse than NFL did 100

oh yeah … they’re totally not going to botch it … 🙄

EpY4SpRU0AA9nBx.jpg EpY4TXoUcAA34tW.jpg 

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 7/16/2021 at 3:55 PM, kimball said:

I can't give you OKC. The logo is soooo ... clip arty. I like the colors, but that's the only thing they go going for them. Basing something off their Statement Jerseys over the past couple of years would be a good direction. 

nb-200223_eischen_sas_00346.jpg

oklahoma-city-thunder-v-new-orleans-peli

Orange is underutilized. It's oven too beige and dull when it is used. Love the bold reddish orange like old shiny bobcats. Okc should make it theirs.

• Like 1

On 7/17/2021 at 10:09 AM, projectjohn said:

The part on top reinforces my opinion that the primary logo is a piston in a chamber en face.

• Like 1