2021-22 NBA Changes

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for the Hornets' mashup to be just the classic (single) pinstripes with the modern font, but knowing that that's a reasonable request, I'm fully expecting black, with "Buzz City", some Bobcats reference, and maybe white double pinstripes if we're lucky.

• Like 4

the user formerly known as cdclt

21 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Hallelujah to no City Edition this coming season. Hopefully the mash up jerseys are respectable; I don’t see how they could be worse than the majority of City jerseys have been.

That isn’t what was said

Well technically the 75th Anniversary jerseys *are* the City edition.

I also just saw this tweet from rapper Big Sean alluding to him being asked by the Detroit Pistons to help design theirs.  Seems to indicate they'll try and incorporate the 90s horse logo or something.

https://twitter.com/BigSean/status/1421277535342534657?s=20

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, dont care said:

That isn’t what was said

Well, we’ll see. No City edition is what I got out of it from the follow up tweet about Phoenix and Utah opting out of the mashup jersey and retaining last year’s City edition instead.

8 minutes ago, Primzahl said:

I also just saw this tweet from rapper Big Sean alluding to him being asked by the Detroit Pistons to help design theirs.  Seems to indicate they'll try and incorporate the 90s horse logo or something.

https://twitter.com/BigSean/status/1421277535342534657?s=20

That was actually in response to my (rarely used) Twitter account. I’m hoping it means he agrees about getting the Pistons to bring back the reds. Teal or Maroon classic edition was already all but confirmed for 2022-23 in a previous report.

8 hours ago, Pengin. said:

I think the NBA logo with the 75 and the diamond treatment is enough for next season's jerseys. I guess I'm okay with the diamond Nike logo. It doesn't need the same shine tho.

Nice clean, simple  warmup gear for next season...I like it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, mjd77 said:

Nice clean, simple  warmup gear for next season...I like it.

On the warmups:

- like the simplicity

- dislike the templated approach; guess unique warmup patterns are a relic of the past like always white at home unless you’re the Lakers

• Like 2

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

14 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Regarding the Jazz news: I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I honestly would’ve rather taken my chances on the mashup uniform than keep the redrock around again. I’m just….done with that theme.

from what i saw of the merch related to the canceled Jazz mashup uniform, it could have been nice. certainly very different than the Red Rocks theme. now we'll never know!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Regarding the Jazz news: I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I honestly would’ve rather taken my chances on the mashup uniform than keep the redrock around again. I’m just….done with that theme.

I just wanna know who in the FO loves that yellow jersey so much that we just can't seem to get rid of it. At least the red rock theme got two different swings.

• Like 3

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

agreed. and that's coming from a redrock lover i feel at this point if they wanna bring it back then they should go all out and make it a main set or just replace the statement yellows. otherwise it's time for it to go. the jazz might be the only team i've seen whos kept the same "theme" of their city jerseys since the day city jerseys became a thing in 2017. closest team behind is the pelicans who had mardi gras jerseys up to this season

• Like 2