2021 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVI

canzman

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It’s pretty cool how the Cowboys are honoring France with their helmet stripe, not enough teams (outside of the Jaguars) seem to try and build an international appeal!

(jk, in case that’s not obvious...)

59 minutes ago, jn8 said:

It’s pretty cool how the Cowboys are honoring France with their helmet stripe, not enough teams (outside of the Jaguars) seem to try and build an international appeal!

They aren't only America's Team, they are France's Team as well!

8 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

It’s insane the difference number font can make. 

Unpopular opinion, switching to the block font full-time would be a complete lateral move for the Steelers.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, MJD7 said:

I’d even say it’d be a downgrade. 

I'm not joking when I say my first reaction to seeing this uniform (again): 

22 hours ago, DNAsports said:

spacer.png

was, "Oh, look, it's a black version of the Packers."

I get it, the Steelers used a block font in the 70's, in their heyday.  But uniforms change and evolve.  The Steelers have been using the italicized font for nearly 25 years now.  It gives their uniforms the slightest of modern leanings while otherwise virtually keeping a classic uniform untouched, while also differentiating them from other historic NFL teams who use block fonts.

So yeah, I kind of agree with you there.  I personally think it would be a downgrade.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

Woody Johnson tweeted that the Jets will wear a new combo on Thursday. It’s got to be white tops with black pants. Should look terrible!

Green jerseys/black pants or black jerseys/green pants also are awful options.  

49 minutes ago, jp1409 said:

Green jerseys/black pants or black jerseys/green pants also are awful options.  

I don't know...I'd kinda like to see what green/black/green would look like (with black socks, of course), if only because it's a look unseen in the league.  

I may not like it after I see it, but I'd at least like to see it...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

16 hours ago, jn8 said:

To resemble the French flag the red would have needed to be on the opposite side when viewing from the front, but never-the-less, vive la France!!    🇫🇷

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

I don't know...I'd kinda like to see what green/black/green would look like (with black socks, of course), if only because it's a look unseen in the league.  

E90eyrVUYAEJMa3?format=jpg&name=large

2003_Philadelphia.png

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

No black jerseys for Baltimore. Instead, it's the same combo they wore for this matchup in 2013. Disappointing. They wore black in 2013 vs. Green Bay and it's now looking more like that could happen again.

I don’t love the black jersey / white pants combo for Baltimore, but this would have been the perfect week to wear it. 

2 minutes ago, NFLfan10 said:

No black jerseys for Baltimore. Instead, it's the same combo they wore for this matchup in 2013. Disappointing. They wore black in 2013 vs. Green Bay and it's now looking more like that could happen again.

I was rooting for Color Rush vs the Vikes instead. This combo is my least favorite off the uniform menu. It works okay against teams like Pittsburgh, for instance (see the SNF 2010 matchup), but that's the only opponent I'd tolerate seeing this combo against.

Next best game I could see them bringing back CR if at all would be vs the Browns, though they've done that once before in 2017. I'll predict from here that we see all-black or black/white for that SNF game with the Browns in a few weeks and CR vs the Rams in Week 17.

Last thing before I write another paragraph is that I'd much prefer they get flexed into SNF for that game vs the Packers should they choose to wear the black jerseys with whatever pants they opt for. The night setting would work better and as a change of scenery compared to the 2013 matchup which, like this year's at the moment, was a 1pm kickoff.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Archived