MLB 2021 Season Thread

13 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

You know, the worst part of The Astros cheating scandal is the fact they didn't need too.

They had to, especially if electronic sign stealing was as rampant throughout the sport as Logan Morrison, Tyler Glasnow, Erik Kratz, now Chris Bassitt have all alluded too. This was a baseball problem and it needed to be cleaned up. 

NYCdog.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Ridleylash said:

Braves, you better :censored:ing take down the Astros in the WS. Nobody will let you live it down if you fail here.

The Astros are less objectionable. Cheating < screwing international signees, building an unnecessary stadium in a suburb, and RULE SIX VIOLATION.

9 hours ago, SFGiants58 said:

The Astros are less objectionable. Cheating < screwing international signees, building an unnecessary stadium in a suburb, and RULE SIX VIOLATION.

And their dog fans embarrassing themselves and the team by doing the tomahawk chop on national TV.  I wonder if any will dare put on war paint.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also something to note; the Astros' current postseason record is one loss in the ALDS shy of perfectly matching their pre-WS postseason record in 2019; the year they lost the Series to the Nats, a team that made a unexpected World Series run. Now in 2021's World Series, they're against the Braves...a team that's making a unexpected World Series run.

Now I'm not saying there's voodoo going on here, but that makes you think there may be voodoo going on here.

10 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

The Braves being in the World Series is why I prefer the current playoff structure rather than any re-seeding crap. 

I doubt a team like them would have made it if they had to beat both the Dodgers & Giants. 

And while I like the Braves and hate both of those teams, the Giants and Dodgers DID have the best records in the NL and therefore, the seeding should be set-up to where they would have the chance to play each other for the league title (unless they were upset by a lower seed, of course).

On 10/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, johnrafael said:

Not really, they’ll settle and everything will be normal. If it went to court the roller derby team really doesn’t have an argument because no reasonable person is going to buy MLB merch thinking it’s for some roller derby team. 

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

The Braves are now leading the series 3-1.

This is the worst position they could be in.    

I mean, they've had multiple 3-1 leads in all of their postseason series and haven't blown those, though. Plus the Trashtros just lost in heartbreaking fashion, so who knows if they'll have enough fight in them for this next game; they'd have to win 3 straight against a red-hot Braves team to set the collapse in motion.

And unlike the Falcons, the Braves don't look like they're dumb enough to take the foot off the gas. They really remind me of the Nats in their World Series title run.

Archived