2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

21 minutes ago, Digby said:

i like the size and shape but what’s with the glass shiny effect? I thought we left that aesthetic behind 7 years ago.

and also using a circle at the center. I would have expected something like this from CBS

• Like 1

I saw, I came, I left.

So, IIRC, there were a bunch of ads for online companies during a Super Bowl. I don’t know if it was XXXIV or XXXV, but a lot of those companies went bankrupt a year or so afterwards. 

I’m seeing a lot of ads for crypto exchanges but I’m sure it’s just a coincidence. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Digby said:

Was there no Gin and Juice or did I just miss it?

There was not. I didn't see the need for "Lose Yourself," which is more a Detroit anthem for what was otherwise supposed to be an L.A. show. I guess they figured they had to do something sportsy. 50 Cent didn't need to be there, either, being from top 40 radio's early-aughts dark night of the soul.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 minutes ago, the admiral said:

There was not. I didn't see the need for "Lose Yourself," which is more a Detroit anthem for what was otherwise supposed to be an L.A. show. I guess they figured they had to do something sportsy. 50 Cent didn't need to be there, either, being from top 40 radio's early-aughts dark night of the soul.

Agree on 50 Cent but also feel like everything that made Eminem famous has not really aged well, so between that and Lose Yourself being the most obvious football song, that made sense to me.

I thought the Kendrick Lamar addition was weird and obviously just to avoid the boomer-rap jokes, like the reverse of adding the Chili Peppers to Bruno Mars’ set. 

• Like 1

Rams O-Line is straight-up costing them the game right now. Or, more accurately, the Bengals’ D-Line is winning them the game. Rams can’t run the ball or protect Stafford; pretty hard to win when you can’t do either. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

This has been a fun one to watch. Go Bengals. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday."