MLB 2022 Uniform/Logo Changes

TheGiantsFan

On 8/24/2021 at 11:49 PM, dont care said:

New era would never lose the mlb contract, they’d rather put so much money into keeping it they go out of business rather than lose that contract.

I won't buy an NHL hat because NE no longer makes them.  If I can find an American needle or M & N for NHL I would buy it.  If MLB dumps NE they would lose a crap ton of sales from fans.  

16 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

I won't buy an NHL hat because NE no longer makes them.  If I can find an American needle or M & N for NHL I would buy it.  If MLB dumps NE they would lose a crap ton of sales from fans.  

NE may not make a large amount of NHL caps, but I know the Lightning have sold 59fiftys and snapbacks from New Era at the team store at the arena.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MNtwins3 said:

47 brand is superb btw

I'll endorse this statement, especially if you're a fan of comfortable hats with unique, low-key designs. 

I'll buy a New Era if it's an on-field MLB or MiLB cap. But for anything else, I find their offerings to be either too basic or too gimmicky. I was looking for a Vikings cap recently. I wanted something unique, maybe a bit retro, but not overdone with excess striping or patches. Found this one and, being a fan of the old two-bar face mask, loved it. Super comfortable low-profile hat, too. (At the time, they were doing a buy-one, get-one deal online and snagged a powder-blue Twins hat with the classic Minnie & Paul shaking hands logo.) 

spacer.png

EDIT: I almost forgot this, too. A couple years ago, I lost my beloved Twins "M" cap. I wanted to buy a replacement immediately, but New Era at the time had taken them out of circulation. The '47 Brand, however, had a fitted one. It replaced the MLB logo on the back with the road "MINNESOTA" script from the team's World Series years. While it wasn't an on-field authentic, you'd never be able to tell from the quality. 

And no, I don't work for '47 Brand. I've just grown to be a fan of their products and prices. :)

• Like 14

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I was looking for a Vikings cap recently. I wanted something unique, maybe a bit retro, but not overdone with excess striping or patches. Found this one and, being a fan of the old two-bar face mask, loved it. Super comfortable low-profile hat, too. (At the time, they were doing a buy-one, get-one deal online and snagged a powder-blue Twins hat with the classic Minnie & Paul shaking hands logo.) 

I used that same deal and got the exact same caps. I don't like wordmarks or the Vikings primary logo on caps so it was a no-brainer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'll endorse this statement, especially if you're a fan of comfortable hats with unique, low-key designs. 

I'll buy a New Era if it's an on-field MLB or MiLB cap. But for anything else, I find their offerings to be either too basic or too gimmicky. I was looking for a Vikings cap recently. I wanted something unique, maybe a bit retro, but not overdone with excess striping or patches. Found this one and, being a fan of the old two-bar face mask, loved it. Super comfortable low-profile hat, too. (At the time, they were doing a buy-one, get-one deal online and snagged a powder-blue Twins hat with the classic Minnie & Paul shaking hands logo.) 

spacer.png

EDIT: I almost forgot this, too. A couple years ago, I lost my beloved Twins "M" cap. I wanted to buy a replacement immediately, but New Era at the time had taken them out of circulation. The '47 Brand, however, had a fitted one. It replaced the MLB logo on the back with the road "MINNESOTA" script from the team's World Series years. While it wasn't an on-field authentic, you'd never be able to tell from the quality. 

And no, I don't work for '47 Brand. I've just grown to be a fan of their products and prices. :)

First off - I too absolutely love 47 brand hats. Especially the style you posted, plus I have recently gotten one of the Carhartt hats they are doing and loved that one too.

Secondly, I really miss when the side view of the helmet was basically used as the teams logo.  I loved the side view of the old blue/yellow rams helmet.  I guess this is really getting out of the MLB talk at this point, but it just reminds me of collecting those gumball machine helmets. 

• Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 7:21 AM, dont care said:

Who really buys nba, or nfl caps?

Me. I bought several Rams caps when they moved back to LA. Also have at least one cap of most of the other teams, even if I don't wear them.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

Secondly, I really miss when the side view of the helmet was basically used as the teams logo.  I loved the side view of the old blue/yellow rams helmet.  I guess this is really getting out of the MLB talk at this point, but it just reminds me of collecting those gumball machine helmets. 

Which is why football teams should only have one helmet and no alternates or home/road.  Those helmets are de facto logos.

*Throwbacks are fine if trotted out sparingly.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 8/26/2021 at 3:17 PM, beachperroAZ said:

I’ve heard that New Era does make NHL hats, but they are only sold at the team’s retail locations.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2021 at 1:19 AM, joekono said:

Glad nothing really on the horizon as far as ant team changing uniforms. I've said it a lot the past few years, the league looks as good as it' ever has considering all 30 teams. The City's were dumb this year and not every team did it so let's hope it stays that way. THANK YOU AGAIN PADRES FOR GOING BACK TO BROWN.

The Padres and Brewers made much needed corrections in recent years, but there are still several teams now that are overdue for some pretty serious overhauls (by this, I mean, actually re-evaluating their color schemes and identities in a conspicuous way). The Rays, Diamondbacks, and Marlins immediately come to mind. All three of them have looked better at earlier points. I personally would include the Angels in this mix as well, but I sense that might be an unpopular opinion. 

The Reds, Twins, and Nationals could also stand to make some changes, but on a smaller scale.

I'd keep the Rockies and Mariners as they are for the most part.  Maybe incorporate some more purple in Rockies' case, but I wouldn't change more than that.

• Like 3

On 8/26/2021 at 7:21 AM, dont care said:

Who really buys nba, or nfl caps?

The amount of money I’ve spent on Lakers and Rams caps would astound you. Then there’s the Hat Club exclusives…

New Era is pretty much the only brand cap I purchase.

jersey-signature03.pngjersey-signature04.png

18 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I miss the sports specialties script hats!!!  companies have tried to recreate them but can't get the font right.

I have a good replica of a Los Angeles Raiders hat like this that I bought on Amazon once. It was an official NFL product too. They don't do it like that anymore for some reason, I'm assuming whoever owns the Sports Specialties stuff told them to not get so close to the design.

The one Gruden wears now isn't even close to the classic font, it's more of an inspiration.

14625596_web1_FBN-RAIDERS-DEC27-20hf_006

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

On 8/26/2021 at 8:57 AM, WSU151 said:

Without the MLB deal New Era would have...the NFL and NBA...

Not really "hardly anything". 

New Era is also the uniform brand of the CFL. Officials' jerseys are branded by Fox40, a manufacturer of whistles. Officials' caps still have the New Era logo.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

23 hours ago, schultefamily4 said:

Does anyone know if this year's 9-11 caps will be sold to retail? Last years were not

Too soon to tell I assume.  A lot of items were held back from retail due to the production during the pandemic.

On 8/27/2021 at 7:52 AM, gosioux76 said:

spacer.png

I wish '47 would have something close to New Era's 3930s...structured, but low profile, and stretch fit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2021 at 7:07 PM, MNtwins3 said:

There has been a rumor that the Twins are ditching gold next year, and possibly moving to the 'Twins" script that they've been using on social media and scoreboard graphics for the past two seasons (as well as the 2020 Homer Hanky). No idea if it will actually happen or not, as the last I heard about it was about a year ago.

I have not heard that rumor but it sure would be nice if they would remove the gold.  They definitely need to figure out their identity and drop one or two of their alternates as well.  They rarely even wear their home whites anymore since they have a navy, red, and powder blue alternate.  Do you really need four uniform options for home games?

They had a beautiful 1960's cream throwback that they got rid of in favor of the blue and red alternates.

• Like 1